Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five

A Chapter by Jennifer

    Agent Marshall entered an office to meet with President Tillman. The president was reading a file on his computer about the robots.

    “It says here the celestial manifest was funded by the US government,” said Tillman. “This article was about 90 years ago. These robots are still functional.”

    “Yes, Mr. President,” said Marshall.

    “I find this concerning,” he said. “They should have ceased function when their creator passed away.”

    “If they were planning on doing anything to us they would’ve done it by now,” the military advisor spoke. “If they are capable of programming themselves and rebuilding a community they would have built a new space shuttle.”

    “Can we afford to travel there?” Marshall asked.

    “Why can’t they come here?” asked Tillman.

    Marshall shrugged, “I don’t know. Perhaps they are protected by their own government?”

    Tillman smirked, “Right, and how do we know that we are protected?”

    “The robots were designed to help and rescue us,” said the advisor.

    Tillman scowled, “I can see this going wrong. They created a new life on a different planet and we don’t hear anything until now?”

   “We were the ones who contacted them,” said Marshall. “We don’t even know if they created human life.”

   “Or if they created more robots,” Tillman added.

  “We have programmed all robots that we currently have to expire after one use and recycle them. We cannot afford to build more and we cannot afford to watch anymore shuttles,” said the advisor.

    “Are we going to communicate with them if we are unable to visit?” asked Tillman.

    Marshall thought for a moment, “I think asked them if they can help. We haven’t been providing them financial support and they are obviously functional without money,.”

    “We can; I think we may have saved up for another trip since our last search,” said Tillman. “Talk to them, but let them know that we will send back up.”

    “I’ll work on reinforcements,” he advisor sighed. “I’m not sure how anyone would feel about sending them for no reason.”

    “People already have an issue with abandoning the mission,” said Tillman. “We need to send them as a safety measure in case anything happens.”

    The advisor nodded and left the room. Tillman continued reading the file on his computer. Marshall stood and waited for further direction.

    “I want Dyan to go to this planet Lilliana,” said Tillman. “I want you to go with her.”

    “Yes, Mr. President,” said Marshall and he left the conference room.

    He didn’t know if Uno would agree with them bringing the military. It would either instigate a problem or provide insight whether it is safe to visit them.



© 2021 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on June 2, 2021
Last Updated on June 2, 2021


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer