Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

A Chapter by Jennifer

   They entered the conference room. It was pitch black in the room. They could see blue glowing eyes at the other side of the room. Jayna took a ball out of her pocket and placed it on the floor. She tapped it and it slowly lit up the entire room. All of the robots were sitting in the room and dormant state.

    Cinco was making a whirring sound. He was booting up. Jayna approached him with a slim tablet. She waved the tablet above his wrist and a small door opened.

    She plugged the tablet into his wrist. She ran a scan for viruses. She sent a message to him to explain what was going on. Cinco held up his hand.

    “I know, the viruses went through me,” said Cinco. “He put us into attack mode. You did a good job, Jayna.”

    Jayna smiled with gratitude and unplugged the tablet. Cinco closed the secret compartment. He sat in a meditative state.

    “How do you know it’s a he?” said Marshall.

    Cinco linked, “Give me one moment.”

    “He still waking up,” said Jayna.

    “When we communicate with anyone we see them on the screen,” Cinco explained. He stood up, “We must go evaluate the situation.”

    They went outside. It was dark outside except for some fire that was burning in various areas of the city. People were looking at the rubble and knocking on doors to check on each other.

    “Some casualties,” Cinco’s eyes scanned the city. “Only few buildings were bombed. More work for us.”

    “Did you want us to help with anything?” asked Dyan.

    “No, this could be a conflict if you were in the middle,” Cinco said. “It would be best if you left.” He looked at Marshall, “You will need to refuel. Have the other shuttle and here for the night.”

    Marshall sent a message to shuttle two.

     After the hacker was in custody, the shuttle to landed to stay for the night. In the morning, Liliana was up to rebuild and searched for anyone else who was injured. The people of earth said goodbye to the robots. Dyan and Jayna shook hands and promised to stay in touch. They boarded their shuttles and headed back to earth.



© 2021 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on June 8, 2021
Last Updated on June 8, 2021


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer