Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Thirty One

A Chapter by Jennifer
"

The End

"

    Alyx is waited patiently for the meeting to begin. Marshall entered the room. He could see disappointment in her eyes.

    Alyx folded her fingers, “The government is concerned that you returned empty-handed.”

   He placed his hands on the table, “It didn’t help that role Eisenberg’s grandson decided to sabotage the mission.”

    “I didn’t ask for an attitude,” she pointed at him. “We need our property back.”

    “That’s not what’s going to happen,” said Marshall. “They found a new home. They are well beyond our jurisdiction.”

    “The president is planning to launch a campaign to bring the robots back,” she told him.

    “And then what?” Marshall raised his voice. “Will they discard or recycle them? Will they put them in a museum? They completed our mission. They deserve to live in peace with what they created.”

    “A great deal of money was spent on this project,” she said sternly. “We wasted money sending them there and spent more sending you. All of this for nothing?”

    Marshall regained regain his composure, “When I was little my parents brought me to all of these things like the fair. I always got a balloon. You know it I always saw? I saw balloons flying away because kids always lost them. It happened every time I got one. I would try very hard not to lose mine, but the breeze always took it away.”

    “This excuse will not be acceptable by the government,” she said.

    “So what if it isn’t?” he asked. “We have come a long way since our ancestors polluted our planet. We have successfully recovered. The robots had the advantage of starting on a new planet. The trip wasn’t worthless. We found that what happened so long ago and they have no interest in us. They can put that on our work on the report. We learn from our past, learn from the robots, and they are not said or the threat.”

    “We are the threat,” said Alyx after a thought.

    Earth concluded that the robots and Liliana were not a threat. They continued maintaining a sustainable planet. They also continue to communicate with the robots to prevent speculation and keep peace.



© 2021 Jennifer


Author's Note

Jennifer
I think this one seems rushed. If you can see where it can look better or have any ideas feel free to share. There may be a couple of other chapters, but I feel they are redundant.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on June 8, 2021
Last Updated on June 8, 2021


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer