Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

A Chapter by Jennifer

Chapter Twenty - Two

     There were thousands of teenagers without parents. They were thousands of teenagers that were trained to fight and die. They were not considered to be human beings; they were thought of as disposable people.

     These were thousands of beings with developing minds. Would anyone have thought a teenage mind would have thoughts or emotion if he or she were only taught to kill?

     The clones felt sorrow and pain. They cared enough to socialize with each other and name each other. Even though people were present to take care of them, they knew that people did not care about them.

     By instinct, they knew these people were indifferent to them. For some reason they had this feeling deep down inside that these people must die. It wasn’t an enemy that they needed to attack. The people who raised them needed to be attacked.

     Sky could feel it. She was fueled by the discovery of her upbringing. They were fueled by the movies that told her to kill. She could see the hatred in the eyes of her classmates as nurses and teachers passed them.

     Sky began to talk to her peers. Her friends had the same feeling and were even more offended about how they were created. One by one the information about their destiny and where they came from spread in secrecy. Every clone soon knew the truth.

     Silently, they took the information that they were taught by their teachers. They were the brightest and most promising pupils. Secretly, they plotted amongst themselves. North Korea had a plan for their clones, but never thought about their own creation turning against them.

     The day came for these young troops to travel abroad to attack their enemy. They marched onto the carriers destined for America. A throng of clones, bombs, and fighter jets boarded the carriers. The only people who boarded that were not clones were adults.

     As soon as they were in the middle of the Pacific, the clones attacked all of the adults. The communication between North Korea and the carriers was lost. The military bases in North Korea panicked and sent troops to search for the lost carriers.

     The clones moved quickly and ensured that there were fighter jets to greet whoever searched for them. The clones attacked the troops who were sent to search for them. Then the clones flew back to North Korea. Before anyone knew it, bombs were falling from the sky.

     There was a bright flash and a blaze of fire and smoke that swept across the country. Just about the entire country was lost. Many lives were lost due to the fact that there was no warning. Not very many people had time to run for cover.

     The clones bombed the compound that they were born and raised in. They dropped bombs and random towns. Joowon Yoon could only go into hiding, but there was nowhere left to hide. His country was in ruins.

     The clones found him, but they had a quick debate. Should they do anything to this elderly man? Did he learn his lesson? Maybe he would recover and try retaliating.

     The clones were concerns that their leader would kill them. Without further hesitation they dropped the bomb on the building that he was hiding in. They flew back to their carriers.

     The neighbors surrounding North Korea felt a surge of quakes. China and South Korea suspected that Joowon was testing more bombs. They did not see news of any sort from North Korea.

     Curiosity festered in the surrounding countries. News spread around the globe that something may have happened in North Korea. It was as though all communication was cut off. Suspicions grew as nothing was heard for days, weeks, and months.

     Eventually, news was broadcasted South Korea that North Korea was in ruins. Advocates from around the globe traveled and confirmed that the country was no more. Shock and dismay flooded the world. What happened to this reclusive country?

     Nobody remained to tell the tale of what happened. Other countries suspected that South Korea attacked them and was remaining mum about it. The truth was that the clones had annihilated their own country.

     The truth was unknown since they were raised in secrecy. The carriers floated in the ocean undiscovered. That was until the Russians discovered this mysterious fleet of carriers.

     A boat from Russia was traveling to America to deliver some goods. They saw the carriers and became alarmed. They radioed each other and notified others of this discovery and asked if any other country had sent carriers.

     They attempted to communicate with this suspicious fleet on the radio. Nobody from the carriers responded. They saw a teenager on board and grew more curious.

    Everyone on the boat stood on the deck to watch what was going on. They were uncertain if these carriers were a threat or why they were there. They tried to communicate again, but heard another language in response on the radio.

    “Do you speak Russian?” Vladimir asked, but the individual continued to speak in another language.

    One person on board holding binoculars looked at Vladimir, “That child does not look Asian.”

    They slowly floated closer to one of the carriers. As the boat bobbed up and down next to the carrier, a crowd of teenagers peered over the side. The people on the boat looked at each other and everyone on board was puzzled at this sight.

    “How do we speak to them?” someone asked. “I don’t think that they speak any other languages. Does anyone here speak Korean? Were we even able to contact South Korea?”

    “South Korea stated that they did not deploy any carriers,” someone said.

    Everyone shook their heads. The teens continued to stare at them. Nobody knew if they were going to do anything if they continued to loiter.

    Vladimir sighed, “I can try South Korea again. This seems very suspicious.”

    An older gentleman held up his finger, “I have something that my granddaughter gave me before I left. I’ll be back.”

    The man left and returned with a beat up, brown teddy bear. He handed it to Vladimir. Vladimir smiled and held it up for the teenagers to see. The teens gasped and there was a hum of talking. A rope ladder was slowly lowered from the carrier.

    A girl climbed down and approached him. He handed her the bear. She smiled and sighed.

    He pointed to himself, “I’m Vladimir.”

    She looked at him puzzled. She looked at everyone on the boat. They just stood and watched her hold the bear.

    “I’m not sure if I’ll be able to communicate with these kids,” said Vladimir. He smiled at her, “Hello!”

    “Hello,” she smiled and repeated back.

    “Do you think she will come back to Russia with us?” the captain asked.

    A cook came out of the kitchen with a warm bowl of soup. She smiled and looked up at her peers and waved.

    The captain sighed, “I’m going to radio home and request an interpreter. Then we will take it from there.”



© 2021 Jennifer


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on November 8, 2021
Last Updated on November 8, 2021


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer