Chapter Twenty Eight

Chapter Twenty Eight

A Chapter by Jennifer

Chapter Twenty - Eight

     The little black and white television flickered in the corner of the room. Zelma sat in her yellow recliner with her afghan wrapped around her. She surfed through the channels as she sipped on her hot cup of coffee.

     The news was the only thing that she could find. She didn’t feel like watching reruns from old westerns or 80’s sitcoms. She was about to turn off the television, but she saw a banner on the bottom of the screen. North Korean Carriers Found In the Ocean. She turned up the volume.

     “A Russian trade boat discovered a fleet of carriers,” said Tonya. “We do not understand if there is a threat, but there were no adults aboard the carriers. The carriers had a crew of teenagers of various races, but only speak Korean. This discovery is puzzling everyone.”

     “Is there anything else that they know about this unusual discovery?” Bill asked her.

     “The story is strange,” Tonya stated. “The teens claim that they are clones and that they were cloned from American DNA. Supposedly, North Korea created them so Joowon Yoon could dominate the world.”

     “That is insane,” stated Bill.

     “What is more insane is that the reason why they were in the middle of the ocean is because they were sent to attack America,” she said. “They turned around an attacked North Korea instead. This explains why North Korea was found in ruins.”

     “You are on location in Russia. They are going to hold a press conference. Is there a chance that they are going to confirm or deny their findings? Will we get a chance to see these displaced teens?” he asked.

     “We will find out the reason for the press conference shortly,” she said. “There are suspicions that these teens were sent from somewhere else to attack North Korea. Nobody knows who, but since the teens only speak Korean they suspect that they may be from South Korea.”

     “The conference is about to begin I will go ahead and let you go,” said Bill.

     “Ladies and gentleman, Luskin has entered the building,” a lady’s voice echoed in the background.

     The crowd hushed as Luskin and Sky entered the stage. He led her to a seat. The crowd sat down as Sky sat in one of the chairs. Luskin approached the podium.

     “As you may already know we discovered a fleet of carriers in the ocean,” said Luskin. He pointed at Sky. “This is Sky. She was one of the thousands of teenagers who were aboard. What she told us is unimaginable. We have confirmed that these young adults were created in a lab in North Korea. They were created to carry out attacks throughout the globe. They showed us the base where they were created and raised in.”

     “Isn’t it true that North Korea is in ruins?” asked one journalist.

     “Yes, a survivor has yet to be found,” he said.

     “How can we confirm that these teens are from North Korea? If they are wouldn’t you agree that survivors have been found?” the journalist asked.

     Luskin nodded, “Yes, but they were not found in North Korea. Perhaps Sky can answer your questions and tell you the story.”

     Sky approached the podium and he stood beside her. People began taking pictures. Misha also stood at the podium to translate questions and answers.

     Zelma gasped and dropped her mug. The mug shattered on the floor, but she could not move. She reached over and picked up the phone to dial the first person she could think of.

    “Hey, how are you?” she said. “Been hanging in there, cuz. Are you watching television right now? I think you should. Russia is holding a press conference. I know, Lila, but there is something you need to see. Hurry or you will miss it.”

     There was a moment of silence as Lila turned on the television and searched the channels for the press conference. Suddenly, there was shriek and a thud. Zelma stood there as Lila continued to squeal.

     “Doesn’t she look like a spitting image of Sonya when she was younger?” asked Zelma.

     “How could this be?” asked Lila.

     “The thing on the screen says that they are clones,” said Zelma. “God! They were cloned from the DNA from the victims of the Black Friday attack! How can this be? They were actually here after they attacked us?”

     “Yes, remember there is footage of those soldiers coming to our country,” said Lila.

     “What’s the commotion?” there was suddenly a male voice on the line.

     “There is someone on television that looks just like your sister when she was younger,” Zelma told him.

     “Thomas, doesn’t she look like your sister?” Lila asked.

     There was more silence. It was quiet for such a long time that Zelma checked the screen on her phone to make sure that they were still there. She could hear Lila whispering to Thomas in the background.

     “Hello?” Zelma sang.

      “I’m going to call the press,” said Thomas. “As crazy as this sounds I need to call them.”

     “Do you know something?” Zelma asked.

     “Sonya’s body was found in a town close to ground zero,” he said. “After the attack, North Korean militants marched through various cities cutting anybody that they could find. Sonya’s body was missing some skin. Someone had cut her skin off. It never occurred to me until just now that they were collecting samples to clone with.”

     “Do you think that Sky was cloned from her?” Zelma asked with awe.

     “I think that it’s possible,” he said. “There is only one way to find out.”

     “What if you find out that it is her?” she asked. “Who knows what plans the Russians have for the clones? Who knows what plans the clones have? The clones did attack their own country.”

     “There are probably a few Americans who are curious about what happened the day the Koreans walked on our soil,” he said. “If I don’t do anything we won’t find out.”



© 2021 Jennifer


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on November 13, 2021
Last Updated on November 13, 2021


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer