Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Thirty Four

A Chapter by Jennifer

Chapter Thirty - Four

     Sky stirred the food in her tray. She wondered what became of the man she met some time ago. Misha told her that she was related to that man.

     This thrilled Sky because she never knew that anyone was related to her. All she could do was imagine him visiting her and taking her far away from the mess that she was in. She wondered what America was like.

     Hawk as down across from her, “Have you heard anything yet?”

     Sky shrugged and shook her head, “I haven’t met with anyone since I met that man.”

     “So, it’s official that we are related to the Americans?” he asked even though he knew. Sky nodded her head. “We need to get out of here and over there. What are we waiting for?”

     “They have possession of our military equipment which happens to be our only transportation,” she pointed out. “I also want to learn English before going over there.”

     “This is crap!” said Hawk. “I never knew that you were such a pushover, Sky. They are probably teaching us some other language so we can’t communicate with anyone over there. The school material looks suspiciously similar to what we were learning at home. How do we know that America won’t do the same thing?”

     “They are teaching us English,” said Sky. “I remember some of the words that were said when I met the man they said I’m related to.”

     “What were they saying?” he asked.

     “I don’t really know because I only know so many words,” she replied. “They did mention the name Wolfe. I remember that name from the movies from home.”

     “The leader that we were told was our enemy?” Hawk asked. Sky nodded. “Something is going on and we need to get out of here soon.”

     “We need to be patient,” said Sky. “If we are going to be used for war in other countries we will be given another opportunity to do the same thing that we did to North Korea.”

     Hawk looked around, “We should be careful then. If they understand that we are capable of carrying out an attack they might be watching us. They do have people who understand our language. They could be listening to us right now and letting other people know what we are saying.”

     Sky looked and saw that their friends were watching them from the corner of her eye. Everyone must have felt the same way. They were back in the same living situation as before.

     “I need some fresh air,” she muttered.

     She left the cafeteria with Hawk in tow. They went outside. The frosty air bit her face. A fence completely surrounded the base that they lived at. It was a well-guarded fence. It was clear to her that people were suspicious of them.

     “I don’t understand what we are doing this for,” Hawk muttered as he shivered.

     “What?” Sky felt irritated with him.

     “We were being taught that Wolfe and Americans is our enemy,” he said. “We know deep down that this is not true, but it seems that our new caretakers feel like America is the enemy.”

     “If the Americans are enemies and we are made from American DNA then why we are being taken care of?” she asked.

     “When was the last time you spoke to anyone, but us?” he asked. “Something is wrong and we need to get out of here.”

     “Like I said before, we need to wait and see,” she said. “I will try to talk to Misha and ask what is going on.”

     “I haven’t seen her in a while,” said Hawk.

     “I’ll talk to someone else then,” she said. “Let’s go back inside where it is warm.”



© 2021 Jennifer


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on November 14, 2021
Last Updated on November 14, 2021


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer