Chapter Thirty Seven

Chapter Thirty Seven

A Chapter by Jennifer

Chapter Thirty - Seven

     Misha was nervous about speaking with the clones ever since she felt that she was being watched. She limited her communication with Sky to the point that she was not contacting her.

     She was unsure if anyone was aware that she had made contact with the Wolfes to warn them. Perhaps it didn’t matter since the rebels did locate the president. Maybe she didn’t have anything to worry about since she did not work as an interpreter anymore.

     Boris still worked with the children. He sat in front of her at the dining room table with a cup of coffee in his hands. He was explaining the latest developments and the clone’s suspicions.

     “Nobody is allowing the clones access to weapons or planes,” he said.

     “Then what do they expect from the clones?” asked Misha.

     Boris sighed, “I’m not sure. I don’t know if they plan on sending them to America. It they do it is possible that they are sending the military with them.”

     “They are still children,” she sighed. “When do you think they will be sent?”

     “It is possible that it will be later, but that will cost us even more money,” he said.

     Her phone began to ring. Misha picked up her phone. It rarely rang anymore and she thought that it was unusual for it to be ringing. Who could be calling?

     “Hello?” Misha answered. “Who is this please?”

     “I know it’s been a while,” said a woman’s voice. “It’s Bianca Wolfe.”

     Misha felt surprised, “I thought you were in prison.”

     “I was released on a technicality,” said Bianca. “The government believes that I can help gaining custody of the clones.”

     “You will help with that?” asked Misha. There was silence on the phone. “Right now, it’s difficult because I do not work there anymore. Boris still works with them. He told me that the clones have been restricted from using any weapons.”

     “Then what is everyone talking about?” asked Bianca.

     “Luskin still plans to use them to attack others, but they are working on a plan so the clones do not turn on them,” explained Misha. “The clones are still young. I don’t know that they will spend any more time on them to ensure that they do not attack Russia.”

     “Does Luskin still talk to Sky?” asked Bianca.

     Misha glanced at Boris and he shook his head, “No, but sometimes Boris speaks to her.”

     “I thought that Sky was a diplomat for the clones,” she said. “How does he expect to keep peace and lower suspicions if he doesn’t talk with her?”

     “That is a good point,” said Misha.

     “That base is their new country. It seems that they are living the same life as they did before. I think that the first step is to communicate with them,” said Bianca.

     Misha heard whispering the background. Bianca argued with whoever was whispering to her. Bianca cleared her throat.

     “What is going on?” asked Misha.

     “The reason why I am calling is because our country is interested in giving the clones a home here,” said Bianca. “Do you think that you can help?”

     Boris cleared his throat, “I think that there is a concern that the clones will be used against us.”

     “Luskin believes that you will use the clones against us,” said Misha.

     “Why would we do that?” asked Bianca. “North Korea bombed us and then the clones eliminated them. We want to reward you by taking the clones off your hands. It would be rewarding to us to take them into our homes.”

     “You may be right,” she said. “How do we move forward?”

     “Maybe I can convince President Scott to give Luskin a deal,” Bianca said.

     “I’m not sure that will work,” said Boris. “I understand that a meeting between them did not go so well.”

     “How do you know that?” asked Misha.

     “I was there during the meeting,” he said. “I was there in case there was a message to provide to the clones.”

     “Can you talk to him and see if they can have another meeting?” she asked.

     “I’m not sure, but President Scott is probably going to have to do that,” said Boris. “She will have to use the opportunity to apologize.”

     “Did you hear that?” Misha asked her.

     “Yes, but how will we know that she will do any of this?” asked Bianca. “She has been stubborn. I have an idea, but I am going to need to talk to her.”

     “Okay, you speak with her,” said Misha.

     They ended the call. Bianca had an idea, but she didn’t know if it would work. President Scott was reluctant to work with her or Russia. Something had to work.



© 2021 Jennifer


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on November 16, 2021
Last Updated on November 16, 2021


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer