Chapter Thirty Nine

Chapter Thirty Nine

A Chapter by Jennifer
"

The End

"

Chapter Thirty - Nine

          Sky was feeling happy when she returned to the base from the meeting. She saw Hawk talking to his friends. She ran over to him. The group did not look very happy as she approached them. She couldn’t wait to tell them the good news.

     Hawk saw her, “We were wondering when you were going to return. What happened?”

     “I was talking to Luskin and Boris and I have great news!” she said.

     “What did you talk about?” he asked.

     “They were telling me that we are going home to America,” said Sky. Everyone in the crowd quit talking and a smile grew across their faces.

     “Is that all?” asked Hawk.

     “Since we bombed our home country everyone was afraid of us,” said Sky. “America was worried that we would be used against them and Russia thought that they would do the same. They were telling me how they were going to move us over there along with conditions.”

     “Why can’t we just go over there on our carriers?” asked Hawk.

     “They want to send us on the carriers, but only if they are unarmed,” said Sky.

     “They think that we are going to attack then?” Hawk smirked.

     “Understandably,” Sky glared at him. “How come all of you are standing over here?” Hawk’s smirk vanished. “We are going home. We can’t keep attacking people who are helping us. Wasn’t this what we wanted?”

     “We are not sure if we are going to just be handed over,” he said. “We need to be able to protect ourselves.”

     Sky rolled her eyes, “We are trained for combat. If they try to deceive us we can just fight back.”

     “She’s right,” said Sun. “I want to live in an actual home. I don’t want to live on a base anymore.”

     Sky nodded, “Hawk, we are going to have what we have been working so hard for. I’m going to tell everyone.”

     The news about going to America spread quickly through the base. The carriers were disarmed and everyone climbed on board. They traveled to America and they were excited when they arrived.

     There was a large group of people gathered at the dock to greet them. The press was there to take pictures of the event. Everyone approached the clones and gave them hugs.

     Another group of people with books stood among the crowd talking to each one of the clones. The books contained names of people who had a genetic test. Sky saw Thomas through the horde of people. She rushed to him and wrapped her arms around him.

     “It’s good to see you,” he hugged her back. “We must go quickly. There is still some radiation over here.”

     As everyone was paired with their clones they quickly left. They walked through a field of cars. They left the parking lot as quickly as they could. Sky saw Hawk and waved.

     She looked at Thomas, “I feel like I am losing my friend.”

     Thomas walked up to Hawk and his relatives. They exchanged their phone numbers and addresses and parted ways. He gave Sky a piece of paper with Hawk’s name on it.

     They traveled to Thomas’s home. As soon as Sky saw the house she was overwhelmed with joy. They entered the house and she drank in the surroundings.

     Thomas led her to her room. She gasped as soon as the light was turned on. She sat on the bed that was covered with floral blankets. She looked through the drawers full of new clothes for her.

     Sky took out some fleece pajamas and put them on. She crawled into her new soft, warm bed. She began to dream sweet dreams of her future in America.



© 2021 Jennifer


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on November 17, 2021
Last Updated on November 17, 2021


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer