Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

A Chapter by Jennifer

     “We are not following you,” said Dana.

     “Well, technically we kind of were,” said Trent.

     “No, we were trying to find him,” said Dana.

     “Hey, can you please quit?” Magda asked. “John, we were trying to find you.”

     “Why? So you can use your demonic devices against me?” He asked. “Whatever it is that you’re trying to convert me to, I’m not interested.”

     “What demonic devices?” Max asked.

     “We’re trying to get to Reno and you left us stranded in the middle of a snowstorm,” said Magda.

     John looked at him confused, “What?”

     “Are you Amish?” Max asked.

     John smirked, “You people are really strange. I needed it going. We have no more time to waste. My family is going to perish if I don’t get out of here.”

     “What do you mean?” asked Magda.

     “I cannot describe it,” he said. “There are demons in here. We are trapped in here. We’ve been in the same place for days.”

     They all looked at each other and terror. Dana began to cry. John looked at her concern.

     “I need to get back home,” Dana wept.

     “You don’t live here?” Max asked.

     John shook his head, “No, I’m going to Oregon.

     “Weird,” Magda muttered. “Can you help us?”

     “I don’t see how I can,” said John. “You want to come with me? We might be able to work together.”

     The group nodded their head they. They call the cowboy through the maze. When he reached the destination the teen stopped in their tracks.

     “You’re kidding me,” said Trent.

     Magda look to him, “I told you.”

     Max began to laugh. They saw the covered wagon.

     “So, wait a minute,” said Trent. “Is this some sort of reenactment?”

     “You people are so strange,” John looked at him confused. “You’re welcome to eat with us.”

     John’s wife approached them. He introduced her as Madeleine. They are they offered some soup and a sat together to eat. As they ate, the teams made more observations.

     There was no sign of modern technology. The couple did not any vehicles with them of any kind. The only lights they had were lanterns and a fire.

     “John, what day is it?” Trent asked.

     John looked at him puzzled, “It’s August 15, I think.”

     “What year?” Trent pushed for more information.

     “Well, its 1855,” he said.

     “Wow,” said Max. “I guess we aren’t making it home.”

     “Why? What year do you think it is?” John asked him.

     “2020,” they said.

     “This place is the work of Satan,” Madeleine said.

     John said, “People are still going west in 2020?”

     “That’s been over with for a long time,” said Max.

     “Then what are you doing out here in a snowstorm?” he asked.

     “Taking a break,” Max said.

     Magda said, “We are going to Reno.”

     John looked at them with suspicion, “Taking a break from what? It looks like you have it easy for your tools of leisure.”

     “We’ve been cooped up in the house for a while and thought a road trip would be a good idea,” said Max.

     “I guess we will find out if we can survive the Oregon Trail,” said Magda.

     “No, we need to go,” said Dana.

     “So, you guys are not farming or going to school?” asked John.

     Max looked at Trent. Trent shook his head in warning. Max shook his head.

     “No, we do not farm,” said Max. “We are going to school, but just not in person.”

     “You keep opening a can of worms,” said Trent.

     John was confused, “How do you go to school without leaving your home?”

     Max showed him his cell phone, “We go to school online.” John looked at the phone with fascination. “Nobody’s actually going because of the plandemic.”

     “Idiot,” Trent grumbled.

     “Something like bubonic plague that is happening,” Magda intervened. “But, it’s the flu.”

     “I’m beginning to regret bringing you here,” said John.

     “You’ll be okay,” said Max.

     “Moron, they haven’t even experienced the Spanish flu,” said Trent. “That is if he actually is from the past.”

    “So, no flu shot or anything,” said Magda.

     They quit talking when they saw the look of horror on John’s face.

     “There isn’t much that we can do now,” Trent said.

     “I’m sorry,” Magda apologized. “We didn’t know.”

     “He probably believes it’s a plandemic to,” said Max. “He is probably acting.”

     “Go to sleep,” said John. “Madeleine?”

     Madeleine nodded and cautiously left the group. The couple retired to their wagon. The teen sat together at the fire. They were left alone again



© 2022 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ok...I see the crux of the story is beginning to unfold. Well done so far! I'l start reading again.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
1 Review
Added on September 11, 2022
Last Updated on September 11, 2022


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer