Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

A Chapter by Jennifer

     “I’m starting to get hungry,” said Dana. “It feels like we’ve been in here forever.”

     “We have been walking forever,” said Max.” We should be far away from those soldiers.”

     “I don’t think we are far away from anything at this point,” said Trent.

     A warm breeze drifted past them. Who knew what they would encounter next? Trent cursed under his breath.

     They reached a corner and turned to see that they made it to an exit. This has to be the way they came in. They walked outside. They saw cop cars and people walking across the field. They saw their parents. Their parents were yelling, but they were there was no sound.

     “Mom!” Magda frantically waved her arms. “I’m over here!”

     They started shouting for their parents and waving their arms. The search team continued to walk past them. Their parents didn’t seem to notice them either.

     Dana screamed and fell to her knees crying, “They can’t see us!”

     Max began to run to his mother. He ran into something and fell down. He felt around in the air to feel what he ran into. There was an invisible wall.

     He pounded his fist on the wall and began yelling for help. Trent stood motionless and his face was blank. Magda just stared at her parents who looked for her in desperation.

     “We need to get out of here,” said Magda.

     “Well, yeah, but how?” said Dana. “Everywhere we go someone is dying. We are not safe here.”

     “We need to find that cowboy again,” said Magda.

     “Why? What if he actually got out of here?” asked Trent.

     “If he did, then we can escape to,” said Magda.

     “What if he was murdered?” asked Dana.

     “We might end up getting murdered in here, Dana,” said Magda. “We need to at least try to find a way out.”

     They stood at the invisible wall and watched everyone who is looking for them. They left after few minutes and went back into the corn maze.



© 2022 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on September 14, 2022
Last Updated on September 14, 2022


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer