Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

A Chapter by Jennifer

     “We need to find that cowboy,” said Matta.

     “Why? What is he going to do?” Dana asked.

     “He must know a way out of here,” she answered. “We did speak to him before we entered this maze. He’s probably trying to go back home. Maybe the only the only way out is the future.”

     “That’s crazy talk,” said Max.

     “Well if it is, I don’t want to be walking out of here to find out my parents died after I was supposed to graduate high school,” said Magda.

     “She has a point,” said Trent. “We need to find out how to get out.”

     “You saw what happened,” said Max. “I ran into an invisible wall!”

     “Maybe, but that’s not the way out,” said Magda.

     “Okay,” Trent pointed behind him. “Let’s go to where we met him.”

     They walked down the halls of the maze. A cold breeze drifted past them and they shivered not knowing what they will encounter next. They have not seen anything good so far. They stopped walking and watched for the next event.

     They heard the sound of a horse walking nearby. The sound stopped. There was a pause and whispering.

     Someone cleared his throat, “hello?”

     “Who’s there?” asked Trent.

     “You kids are still here?” It was John.

     “Yes, we are still here,” Trent answered “We need to talk to you.”

     They walked around the corner speak to John. He didn’t look very happy to see them.

     “How long have you been here?” Matt asked.

     “Probably about a week or two so,” he said.

     “How many times have you been got out of here?” Max asked.

     “I honestly don’t believe we escaped yet,” said John.

     “You did exit this maze,” said Magda.” That’s how you met us. Can you tell us which way you went?”

     “I think that we went to the center,” he said. “I can’t quite remember since it changes all the time in here.”

     “Can we go with you right now?” asked Magda.

     “And take the plague with us?” John asked.

     “I really doubt that is very likely,” said Macduff.

     “It’s a plandemic,” said Max. “You guys aren’t sick are you?”

     “Please be quiet, Max,” said Trent.

     “No, we are not sick,” said John. “What makes you think we can’t go back? My friend who came with us evidently escaped.”

     “How do you know he made it back to your era?” asked Magda. “Have you seen your friend or anyone from your time looking for you?”

     “I’m not sure,” said John. “It only seems that we have been here short time. This the second or third time I saw someone with new technology.”

     “Have seen you people from the past?” asked Trent. “There are soldiers from the Civil War here.”

     Max sighed with frustration. John stood in thought.

     “We don’t have much time to waste,” said John. “I will take you to where I last saw my friend.”



© 2022 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on September 17, 2022
Last Updated on September 17, 2022


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer