Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

A Chapter by Jennifer

     Warren just got done working for the day.  He saw corn growing on his property and went out to investigate. He heard children laughing, but did not see anyone there.

     He went inside the field of corn, “hello?”

     He heard more laughter. Warren shuddered and wondered if he should continue. His heart was pounding with terror, but he proceeded to go further into the mysterious field. Warren’s vision faded to black for a moment. He heard someone screaming. His vision came back and he was a child laying on the ground in front of him. His hands were covered in blood.

     Warren noticed that there is a family laying on the ground around him. Warren was mortified at the site and tried to run. His feet seemed to be frozen to the ground.

     He suddenly woke up covered in sweat. The bed he was lying and was hard and cold. Warren remembered that he was in jail and he didn’t understand why. He felt like he was in danger. He had a hard time sleeping. He didn’t understand why he was in jail and didn’t recognize where he was.

     He knew he was still in the same town. Everything just looked different and he couldn’t put his finger on it.

     He called for an officer, “I thought I was supposed to be out of here.”

      The officer shrugged,” we are searching for researching your property. Once we are done we will let you go.”

      “There’s nothing there for anyone to be looking for,” Warren said. “None of you want to go into the cornfield. It’s too dangerous.”

     “You keep talking like that,” the officer walked away.

     Warren sat on his bed. He didn’t have anyone else to talk to. He laid down on his bed and dozed off. He heard a loud knocking and his door clicked.

     “You’re free to go,” said the officer.

     Warner got up and exited the cell. Officer Gabiola met him on his way out. Warren shook his head.

     “You didn’t find anything,” Warren told him.

     “Not quite,” Gabiola responded.

     “I really don’t want to have anything to do with you,” Warren said.

     “I don’t blame you,” said Gabiola. “I do want to talk to you about what we did find. Can I give you the ride?”

     Warren smirked, “I’m really not interested.”

     “How did you get out of there?” Gabiola asked him.

     “I don’t know,” he answered. “I went to investigate and I got stuck in the field. I saw people getting killed. I finally walked out and saw you on my property. If you knew what was good for you, you would stay out of there.”

     “Okay, so where are you going to go?” asked Gabiola. “That house does belong to you.”

     “That house is mine!” Warren yelled.

     “Well, if you don’t want to ride, you will need to get an Uber,” said Gabiola.

     Warren’s eyes narrowed, “A what?”

     “Don’t you have a cell phone?” he asked him. Gabiola looked at the officer behind the counter. The officer shrugged her shoulders and shook her head.

     Warren looked lost, “A cell phone? I have a telephone and it’s at home. Can’t I use your phone to call a cab?”

     Gabiola grabbed his cell phone, “Here, you can use this to call a cab. I will call them for you.”

     Warren was more puzzled. Gabiola dialed a cab company and handed Warren the phone. Warren looked the phone with a blank stare.

     “What is this game you’re trying to play?” asked Warren as someone answered the call.

     “I’m not playing a game,” he said. “I’m helping you get a ride.”

     “You’re trying to make me look crazy,” said Warren.

     “Warren, I know we got off on the wrong foot,” Gabiola said. “You are right. I hope you can accept my apology.”

     “What makes you think I believe you?” said Warren.

     Gabiola took his phone and hung up. He pulled the pictures of the crop circle from a file and showed it to him. Warren stared at it and shrugged his shoulders.

     “I don’t know what this is,” he told him.

     Gabiola pointed at the screen, “This is a crop circle on your property. There is something that is preventing us from searching for the children.”

     “Well, I did say something strange is going on,” Warren said.

     Gabiola nodded,” there strange things going on on the entire property. If you got out, we need to know how. Can you help us?”

     Warren sighed, “All I did was walk. I don’t think you come out the same way that you go in. I don’t even know how I got out.”

     “Can you come with me there and show me where you exited the maze?” asked Gabiola.

     Warren nodded, “yeah, I will see how I can help.”



© 2022 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on October 6, 2022
Last Updated on October 6, 2022


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer