Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

A Chapter by Jennifer

     Officer Schneider impatiently looked at his watch as Warren looked on. Gabiola was in the corn maze for a about a half an hour. Schneider was beginning to feel suspicious about the whole thing.

     Was it an elaborate trap? Maybe the children were hidden in a trap door. Perhaps, Gabiola fell in it. Warren might be lying.

     “We should go in there and see if he found anything,” Schneider said.

     The color drained and Warren’s face, “No, don’t go in there. If we go, we will get stuck in whatever the hell is.”

     Schneider sighed and went to his car. Warren was right. He was aware that the maze looked like a crop circle and they were unable to search with any technology due to some magnetic field.

     Who could he call for search the maze? He couldn’t think of anyone. He thought of an idea, but he wasn’t sure who would go in this mission.

     Schneider went back outside and Warren was still there. More Warren was just looking at the corn maze. He wasn’t sure what was on this man’s line.

     “I need to rescue them somehow,” say Schneider. “You have any ropes?”

     Warren shook his head, “This house isn’t even mine anymore. I wouldn’t even know. They are going to have to find their way out.”

     “Well, I’m not going to let that happen,” says Schneider “this needs to be resolved today.”

     “I warned you,” said Warren.

     “Why don’t we go to where you came from?” asked Schneider.

     Warren looked at the sky and back of the field. He sighed and shook his head. Schneider grumbled under his breath.

     “I can’t promise anything,” said Warren.

     They walked to the other side of the maze. They approached the exit which seemed dark and eerie. They walked into the maze.

     As they walked, Schneider listened for anyone else who was there. He did  not hear anyone talking or walking. The wind began to pick up.

     “Oh no!” Warren turned the other way and ran.

     “Wait!” Schneider ran after him. “Stop!”

     Schneider heard a noise and felt the ground vibrate. He stopped and looked behind him. A dust devil was headed in his direction. Schneider began to run away.

     He didn’t know why, but the dust devil was terrifying. He made it out of the maze and caught his breath. Warren waited for him outside.

     “Now, do you understand?” Warren asked.

     “What was that?” Schneider asked.

     “How should I know?” Warren was upset. “That maze brings you to another time. These different times are worse than the last. I don’t want to be in there again.”

     “We’re not going in there again,” said Schneider. “I’m going to see some if someone can go in on a rope.”

     “That will work?” asked Warren.

     “We can try,” says Schneider. “It’s either continue searching or wait for them to find a way out.”



© 2022 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on October 10, 2022
Last Updated on October 10, 2022


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer