Untouchable

Untouchable

A Poem by Scarlett Dale

 I thought my heart had finally healed; I thought I had pushed you from my head but these feelings just keep flooding back - why can't they stop? My brittle heart can't take the pain anymore. If it breaks one more time, I think I might die. Your face had completely shadowed itself from me, and I thought I had finally moved on - but now I see I was wrong. After so long, why? Why now, do your eyes finally decide to see me. The shadow. Why now, do your ears finally decide to hear my cries. Why now, do your arms decide to hold me close.Why now, do you let the sound of your voice comfort me. Why now, that I can no longer dream - no longer smile at you, and see you as mine. Why now do you torture me with your smile, aimed right at me, lighting my world.

 After so many years of being the invisible, why do you decide to finally define me? Can't you see the pain etched into my soul? How your smile brings bitter sweet joy? How the strength of your arms makes me want to cry? Why are you still so blind; You act like everything is alright - like your presence doesn't cause the pain I feel. I see how you look at me - like you know; know that I was always standing there in the shadows, but I just stand here now. Watching as your lover takes you by the hand and kisses you; Holding you close like I always dreamed of doing.

Watching as she leads you away from me with that sly glance back at me, letting me know I lost. Lost to her again, like the fool I am. How did I ever trust her? Viper in the pit. I watch as you walk away from me for the last time. You will still haunt my dreams, and I'll still feel that hole you put in me, but the only face I'll see is the one you etched into my soul right alongside the pain - the pain inside as another tear falls, for you, my forbidden love.

© 2010 Scarlett Dale


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on June 4, 2010
Last Updated on June 5, 2010

Author

Scarlett Dale
Scarlett Dale

About
I'm what you call a strange person. I love to write and when I do I feel as if it's coming straight from my heart onto the paper. Especially with my poetry. I was never one for poetry (writing it anyw.. more..

Writing
Ashes Ashes

A Poem by Scarlett Dale