Remember Me

Remember Me

A Story by Missy
"

Certain sounds capture the thoughts of wanderers and lead them to a man who is looking for someone.

"

Down Sturgis corner sat a desolate house surrounded by trees that never want to live. A quiet whistle known to attract stray wanderers of the sidewalk is heard amongst the misfortunate. The small budding curiosity shovels deeper into the front of the mind. Stuck in a cycle of rhymes and hymens in the ears to the ones who understand. Pain so output, longing so fractured it breaks a stone fortress that encompasses a common person's heart. Which leaves them no choice to follow such a melodic sound. A step towards it evokes a darker meaning of the song that continues to string its emotions.

Before it is known, the creaking of the rotting wooden porch copies that of the song as the person approaches with enraptured thoughts. The door slowly creaks open as the person was about to open its corroding metal doorknob. A beautiful whistle turns into an instrument of pure intelligence. It almost breaks their heart under such intense pleasantry. Stepping into the home discreetly, they wander further in toward the noise. The closer they crept the more sorrowful and melodic tune echo's louder down the dust-filled halls. Cobwebs vibrate in a symphony along with the barely hanging artwork on rusty old nails.

The person walks in a daze as tears begin to pool into their eyes. The music beginning to seep into their memories. Nothing left untouched by its lovely long fingers as they stroke their nerves. Their body is trembling to the beat, the reason most unknown to them. Arriving at the end of the hallway, the instrument playing could be easily identified-- a piano. Their nerves were soothed as they open the door casually as if it was their own home. Whoever is playing this emotional masterpiece must be discovered. Warm wet tears met their cheeks as they spot a man's strong and lengthy back in their peripherals.

He is using the piano with gentle strokes amongst the keys. The room pulses as the white chipped piano hums. The rainy weather outside shines through the windows in a pitying way. There was a hum in the air, thriving underneath the floorboards. But they soon realize it was the man with slicked-back dark brown messy hair. He stops abruptly, his back hunched in an uncomfortable position.

The moment the music stopped its wonderful-tune their heart halts. They become very confused and clench their chest with their hands as it begins to swell in pain. He slides them a side glance with a slight glare.

"You are not her. Get out."

She sobs as her body convulses in fear, the trembling increasing in force. His eyes were a stormy and thunderous gray; dead but alive in a single eye.

She takes several steps back, afraid in a perpetual stance of agony. Her heart picks up wildly with no control. Sweat tickles her back with its warnings of the man in front of her. He stands up and stomps over to her with a dangerous expression.

"GET OUT!" he screams again as her vision explodes black.

© 2019 Missy


Author's Note

Missy
Happy Early Halloween! I don't know if this is considered 'spooky' but I would say it contains mystery and piqued curiosity. Let me know in the comments if you enjoyed this piece. :) Thanks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on October 30, 2019
Last Updated on October 30, 2019
Tags: halloween, scary, mystery, death, piano, music, creepy, home, fear

Author

Missy
Missy

Writing
Rays of Death Rays of Death

A Poem by Missy