Kingfisher

Kingfisher

A Poem by Dupur Mitra

You look nice
like a kingfisher
will you kill me
oh my dear

© 2014 Dupur Mitra


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Tell me another story like this in four lines and once you've finished with that one, tell me another. Let the poems come like sweet cupcakes!

Posted 9 Years Ago


I agree with Call Me Miss Imperfect, and that is precisely the reason I enjoy this short little taste of your minds space. It leaves me wondering what the story behind the words is, and a little mystery never hurt nobody, haha.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I read over this more than two times and I am puzzled. Maybe it isn't meant for everyone to completely understand. Writers ask for honest feedback and I am giving it. I do not know what this talking about. I might be lost, while everyone else has the key to this door. Unlock it for me and share with me the inspiration and meaning behind this please.

Posted 9 Years Ago


We have Kingfishers around these parts down in the glades. They like to claim the space between poles on a wire. They're a "turf" bird for sure.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Like the way you don`t use punctuation, and so turn the last line into a throwaway, ironical phrase.
An idea that impresses..

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

352 Views
5 Reviews
Added on May 18, 2014
Last Updated on May 18, 2014

Author

Dupur Mitra
Dupur Mitra

Dhaka , Bangladesh



About
Dupur Mitra, is a poet and fiction writer from Bangladesh. Studied PhD from Jahangirnagar University, Dhaka in biodiversity and forest management. Published two books in Bangla, named 44 Kobeta (44.. more..

Writing