Flood

Flood

A Poem by Dupur Mitra

Flood wash away all

my memories, my love, my thinking

Flood wash away all thing in such a way

Nobody knows

which type of water has come here

in my room

Nobody knows

which type of words in my hearts

creating boom.

© 2014 Dupur Mitra


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I thought the poem was going the way of the cliche, but I was pleasantly surprised after the third line. I think the poem is flexible in meaning, and has a very nice sound to it. It's the kind of poem that one finds oneself reciting years later in the middle of some random situation. Nice job.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I like this. It has such a meaning to it that I had to re-read it a couple of times to choose its meaning correctly. It could be interpreted different ways. I saw it as something wiping away all of the memories, pain, heartache, pictures, and words that you have with someone special. That is what I picked up from reading this. Maybe I am thinking too much into it but isn't that a good thing though? I found a great message to take to heart.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This impresses with super phrases and well paced lines...

Posted 9 Years Ago


I like how you created sound with this piece and you speak of something we can all relate to, nice one!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

391 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 21, 2014
Last Updated on May 21, 2014

Author

Dupur Mitra
Dupur Mitra

Dhaka , Bangladesh



About
Dupur Mitra, is a poet and fiction writer from Bangladesh. Studied PhD from Jahangirnagar University, Dhaka in biodiversity and forest management. Published two books in Bangla, named 44 Kobeta (44.. more..

Writing