A Grim Look

A Grim Look

A Story by midnight reaper

Our situation is grim, grimmer than before. America the land of the free now crumbles as our leader chases his own tail, as our nation tears itself apart piece by piece with no end in sight. The average man begins to grow skeptical of his fellow man's view and which side he takes as everyone turns to their darker side as nothing ever changes and the tension rises with every passing day.  Some even begin to think we live in a dictatorship cleverly laid out to look as if we have any freedom. Though if this is the case, why do we not rise up, as our basic right we can yet we are afraid. Even so, generations before did it with great pride and were always heard. We stutter and huddle in a safe corner so we don't have to worry about the normal dangers that life holds. Is this what we have come to? Are we that afraid to strike a match in a room that is already volatile and in need of a single spark? So who will light the match and end a chapter that was so vile and disgusting and turn to a new one which holds nothing of this? 

© 2017 midnight reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on October 7, 2017
Last Updated on October 7, 2017