Jump On In

Jump On In

A Poem by M Lamont

Jump on in

Let the water surround you

Let the air surround you

Let life surround you

 

Stop waiting by the sideline

Stop standing on the edge

Stop wading in slowly

Jump on in

 

Your fears will be diminished

Your heart will race

Your blood will pump fiercely

If only you jump on in

 

Kick down the doubt

Kick out the worry

Kick the inhabitation that binds you

And jump on in

 

You have one ride in life

And life is not permanent

Steer life where you want to go

So please, jump on in

 

Written by: Mark Lamont

July 2007

© 2008 M Lamont


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really great :)
not only is it well written, it gives a very interesting message, one that is true.
Life isn't permanent indeed, and we can only make it work when we take life in our own hands, not regret what you have done, and no chance to regret what you haven't.
Great poem here!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love being your muse and you a"muse" me and inspire me to write. For those who may read this, see my story M Lamont refers to, I titled it "Jumping State of Mind". He wrote first and this poem is great, in a bigger picture sort of way, my story is pretty simplistic. Can you imagine all these wonderful writings that went to waste before we started posting here, kinda like not jumping in? All the times I "waded in slowly" were just painfully cold.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is very nicely written, I enjoyed it. The open stanza is the best, and I like the repetition in each stanza, very powerful. Also appreciate that the last line replicates the first, great way to end. Well done!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! I just wrote the anti-thesis to this poem in a story "Stupid Shy Girl". You're absolutely right - we should all Jump On In!!! Great write, I'm faving it. : )

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 2, 2008

Author

M Lamont
M Lamont

Alexandria, VA



About
I got back into in the fall of 2006 after a friend urged me to do so. She is a musician and I was inspired by her lyrics. Thanks Little Mouse!!! My inspiration comes from friend�s stori.. more..

Writing
Becoming Me Becoming Me

A Poem by M Lamont



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Where To Go Where To Go

A Poem by M Lamont