Life Tracks

Life Tracks

A Poem by Kimberly "Melody" Carney

 

The train turned from familiar ground

The destination on the map is not found

Are you lost or still on the right train

When it stops is there poverty or fame

Unknown certainty grips your heart

 

Life is a series

This is only a part

 

So relax

 

Enjoy the changing view

 

To succeed you must try the new

Knowledge comes from learning

Learning comes with experience

Experience comes with adventure

Let the train run free and wild

 

Success comes not with money

Nor happiness with fame

But, making love naked in the rain

Dancing in the streets without shame

This is success     true success

For they are memories only an

Adventurer

Chasing their dreams can claim

 

 

© 2012 Kimberly "Melody" Carney


Author's Note

Kimberly "Melody" Carney
Photobucket
The best advice I can give to my readers is the same advice I give to my teens. Relax! Enjoy life, make mistakes, learn from them and stop dreaming long enough to give you dreams life. Put yourself out there just two feet past your comfort zone…close your eyes and free fall….that’s when you know your living!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your poem expresses a happy, positive attitude toward life, which is certainly different than what many other poems express in their dark, negative lines. While it's good to occasionally take chances and reach out for experiences, knowledge and wisdom should be applied first to avoid disastrous problems. The road to success starts with dreams, then plans, followed by actions. And, of course, people have different definitions of success. Ok, I'm getting off the soap box. Your poem displays pleasant images born from a positive attitude, something we can all use.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I loved your words of wisdom, and the note of advice for living... Thank you! We live in a world that too often tries to distract us from all that should be cherished... You place us back on the right track..

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I couldn't agree more.. you right with such amazing balance, beauty and grace..xo

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kimberly "Melody" Carney

11 Years Ago

You are so kind! I do not see that in my writings, I simply write what’s in my heart. Thank you.
Lily Mae

11 Years Ago

Then your heart is all those things.. ;) xo
awesome and inspiring poem, I loved it. A poem by a strong person I can feel the strength in every para.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is nice- a rare scene in the poetry field- an optimist with a profound footlooseness! Though I am a brethren of the opposite, I have enjoyed reading your work! Thank you very much!

To be honest, I didn't like your pedagogic tone...especially where you wrote:
"To succeed you must try the new"(I wanted to make it bold)
Knowledge comes from learning
Learning comes with experience
Experience comes with adventure

isn't it a bit I-tell-you-what-to-do-to-be-successful type?


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this poem right here, my favorite of yours i've read so far! but i've only read like three, but I love the symobolism and all that you're trying to express. favorite line" making love naked in the rain dancing in the streets without shame"! good piece :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Fav line without a doubt: "When it stops is there poverty or fame"

Then you did it again with this below:
"Success comes not with money
Nor happiness with fame
But, making love naked in the rain
Dancing in the streets without shame..."

It seems to me that you have gone through something and came out with these realisations that are so basic that we look right pass them. This is the third piece I have read by you and it's putting me in mind of the Buddha or even that man from Nazareth (J.C.). I am not trying to swell your head, but perhaps you should write a book for teens and young adults.

I really enjoyed this as well. Keep them coming.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Making love naked in the rain...my my what I thought. Well this truly makes me want to be successful. Very motivating and uplifting poetry. You spark inspiration, Very well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Chase you dreams and forget the fear. Lovely sentiments.

Posted 11 Years Ago


"But, making love naked in the rain
Dancing in the streets without shame
This is success true success"
The above word are true. When we have no fear and dance in the street with a lover. These are the good days in a life. Thank you for the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I loved it. It was very nicely written :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

826 Views
21 Reviews
Added on June 20, 2012
Last Updated on August 23, 2012
Tags: Adventure, Confusion, shame, pain, healing, Love, health, ageing, grace, life, abuse, poetry, wisdom, knowledge, nature, understanding, family, purity, soul, unity, equality, surviving, domestic

Author

Kimberly "Melody" Carney
Kimberly "Melody" Carney

Denver, CO



About
To really truly believe in your dreams and make them come true… you must not first believe in yourself, but be prepared to prove your doubts and fears wrong. To know giving up is not an easy .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A Murderers Tale A Murderers Tale

A Chapter by xEmix