This is who I am

This is who I am

A Poem by Kimberly "Melody" Carney
"

A very brief run down of my thought process of ME.

"

 Here it is

 this

is who I am

I am

 who I am

Not who I was yesterday

Not who I’ll be tomorrow

An ever flowing vessel of change

When I fall apart

 I see what’s inside

When I pull myself together

 I’ll walk with clarity not pride

I have the understanding that

I am in control of nothing

 Except

my own reactions

I have the knowledge that

My reactions

 can

change the world

Internal peace

real peace

Is more valuable than a warless world

Grace is my daily bread

Serenity and insanity

Separated

by a thin tread

This is me

This is who I am

Not who I was yesterday

Not who I’ll be tomorrow

An ever flowing vessel of change

 

© 2012 Kimberly "Melody" Carney


Author's Note

Kimberly "Melody" Carney
This Is Who I Am
I would like to comment on my own poem as to allow my insight on it. One: if you think it is tofu, that is ok by me…smile. I am who I am and not all understand me. I am a raw creature enlightened by what is hidden right in front of our faces. Not everyone sees it, I am use to that. I love who I am and this poem could not express me better thus the words are chosen precisely. Two: Everything past the first cosmic bang is a reaction, the desire to write, how we wear our hair, who we love is a reaction to a prior reaction precisely lines up before us to embrace. Yes I am a true believer in destiny, karma and the fact everything happens for a reason. I was referring to others; children, mates, and people at work or even the casher I always seem to get that is never quite concerned about how long she takes. Our life’s are and incredible intertwined web or better yet a puzzle, we are but a small piece. One piece affecting the other. When things happen to us it is not always about us it may very well be all about the stranger next to us we never even met. I choose to simplify the complexity that comes with being as arrogant as to think it’s always about me. I am but a piece, a very special piece for without me the picture is not complete, yet only a piece with equal value of each that connect with me if for only but a brief moment in this life. Thank you for your reads and hopefully a look at the amazing flip side of this life we are blessed with.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is beautiful. So powerful and honest. I love the way you repeat the "Not who I was yesterday/Not who I'll be tomorrow/An ever flowing vessel of change". Brilliant.
This piece just eminates a sense of well being and is so very, very stong. You're word choice, the flow, as if your pen was enchanted and all that magic seeped into your writing. Absolutely magnificent!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

This is beautiful. So powerful and honest. I love the way you repeat the "Not who I was yesterday/Not who I'll be tomorrow/An ever flowing vessel of change". Brilliant.
This piece just eminates a sense of well being and is so very, very stong. You're word choice, the flow, as if your pen was enchanted and all that magic seeped into your writing. Absolutely magnificent!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

yes, the world won't hold still, and neither do we...darnedest thing

Posted 11 Years Ago


thanks for the edit, I understand better now your thoughts,

Posted 11 Years Ago


I wrote a poem titled This Is Me Plain To See. Of course it is about me but it is also not about me at all. I choose to use the words "me" and "I" in it because the topic isn't about me at all. It is actually about the way the world seems to be from my perspective. My life is but a reflection of the past and the future or my part in it is far to far away to see.

Very nicely done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

don't ever change

Posted 11 Years Ago


I'm sorry. I seem to be in the minority when I say I found this a vernal, generic gesture of a poem. It sounds like a poem, looks like a poem, but it's tofu.

Posted 11 Years Ago


wonderful and insightful write, I notice you speak of only being in control of your reactions which are usually dependent on an action elsewhere; are your reactions not also an action (albeit made with clarity) which will in itself cause a reaction? I guess I'm also asking about choices, ambitions, desires, beliefs and the actions we take in pursuit of these, if we only act out of reaction that is, if the likes of ambition and desire are prompted by things out of our control, then I am thinking life would be chaos, dependant on outside forces to which we can only react. I understand change is constant, I guess I'm a little stuck on your use of 'reaction', a most thought provoking read...thanks for that.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

looks to me like an individual with inner peace and enlightenment...

I have the understanding that
I am in control of nothing
Except my own reactions

that is something we all need to remember, especially knowing that every reaction has a reaction and negative actions can fall like dominos.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zen, i've read in a book by eckhart tolle, that we should never seek nirvana. let go of selfish goals or rewards...focus only on the calm of yourself and the universe and the rest will fall into place....
that being said, i'm very impatient...and my mind is so noisy...this may be an impossibility for me..heh...
poignant write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

710 Views
24 Reviews
Added on June 25, 2012
Last Updated on August 23, 2012
Tags: Adventure, Confusion, shame, pain, healing, Love, health, ageing, grace, life, abuse, poetry, wisdom, knowledge, nature, understanding, family, purity, soul, unity, equality, surviving, domestic

Author

Kimberly "Melody" Carney
Kimberly "Melody" Carney

Denver, CO



About
To really truly believe in your dreams and make them come true… you must not first believe in yourself, but be prepared to prove your doubts and fears wrong. To know giving up is not an easy .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..