Harsh words and Blue lips.

Harsh words and Blue lips.

A Story by blue blue blue.
"

Little girls who spout hate, end up in the ground with a pale face.

"
One,
two,
three.

Stepping carefully around the unmarked graves, she pulled the little body behind her by a silver-shoed foot. Her own feet were bare, as was called for in the ritual. Otherwise, the bones of the children she had spared would have no way to feel her own, for the soles of shoes were much too thick for the child faced by them.
Several more graves to go, she knew only from patches of hair spouting like grass from the earth. Beautiful hair, she’d noted. Hair she herself had once had, in her youthful days. How she loathed the children, monsters they had been. Throwing rocks, shouting names. Taunting her with their hair, hair none of them deserved. Filthy little beasts, they had been.
She remembered one incident in particular, involving the golden curls she pulled behind her now.

“Oh you old hag, go back to your cabin before we skin you like your mother!”
Only having been coming to town to meet with her tailor, she ignored the child and continued on her way.
“Are you deaf? I demand that you leave, wench!”
A small pebble had hit her back. This, too, she had ignored. The child followed her through the town, spouting profanity’s and threats at the woman until she returned to her home.

Stopping at the fresh grave, she lugged the girl over her shoulder and dropped her in, feet first. The hole was only a few feet ‘round, and only three feet deep. She couldn’t have their heads buried, for that would kill them much too fast.
With little ease, she pushed the dirt back into the hole, sealing the child from the neck down. Like the other girls, her hair was spread on the dirt behind her and a noose was fitted around her neck.
The woman crawled back down the aisle of children, inspecting them for any flaw that she could have missed. As far as she could tell, the children hadn’t managed to harm themselves in their fruitless struggle to get free of their nooses. A dark-haired girl had managed to get her arm from beneath the dirt and was still squirming, scattering some dirt onto the girl next to her’s hair.
Shaking her head, the woman kicked her hand back into the dirt, resulting in a yelp from the child. “Mina, you feisty little thing you. Such bad manners, you’ve always had.” The woman grabbed her chin, looking her face over. Pale skin, red eyes. Her lips weren’t quite blue yet, but they would do. Tears hit her fingers.
“You’d like to go back, wouldn’t you?”
The girl sobbed vigorously, ignoring the woman and receiving a prompt slap.
“Where ma-’am?” Her was strained, as her lips were barely able to move.
The woman continued on her way, searching over the other girls. At the end of the line, she stood, admiring her work. Seven dainty little heads, complete with ringlets and curls. Pasty little faces, some with lips blue and some with noses redder than the blood that covered their skin.
“You’ve done good, girls.” The woman patted each of their heads, stopping at her newest arrival, who was blinking into conscience. Giving her a little kick to the head, the woman crouched down. The child’s head was thrown back violently, nearly hitting the ground.
“Oh, Melinda Sue, Melinda Sue, I’ve got you now.”

As the day went on, the woman continued to prepare for her ritual. Tying each girls hair to the next, she made her rounds until all the hair was off the ground and the girls were strung tall from their pigtails and bangs.
“You girls like to throw things at poor old women, don’t you?”
She pulled the remaining nooses tight, ripping the dark haired girl and Melinda Sue from the ground with one swift tug. Pulling again, she rigged their squirming bodies across the ground, watching the twigs snap below them.
Tying each of them to the head of another dead child, she called through the woods:


“Little girls like you two
do not deserve to live.
Despite your survival thus far,
it’s time to join your sisters.
You’ll rest in the ground,
with your heads bald
as a warning to the passer-by
that dreams of sweet children.”


© 2011 blue blue blue.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wickedly epic.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Grisly, ghostly and eerie
Gotta love it

Posted 12 Years Ago


Eerie, nut case, breaking point, all of the above. very well written and very well done. I enjoyed the cruelty and the words of each sentence :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


morbid and to brutal a lesson for little girls to learn, but good writing and story, a little advice if you want to get more reviews, start reviewing peoples work, randomly if need be, people will return the favor...best way to make friends on here...

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is the most excellent story.. You did a great job writing this out.. I love the fact that I could see them and feel them.. very descriptive.. I can't wait to read more..xx

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

340 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 21, 2011
Last Updated on June 21, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..