Family Stories

Family Stories

A Story by Molly
"

This is about a family sitting at the table eating pie sharing stories.

"
"Eat up!" my mom cheerfully said "It's going to get cold!" I dug in. It was the most fantastic piece of pie in the entire world. Every little chunk of it was pure perfection. I ate it slowly, carefully tasting each bite, savoring every moment. My brothers, on the other hand, smother the whole thing in whipped cream and almost eat an entire slice in one bite! Truly disgusting! "It's your grandmother's recipe! It took her years to get it right! I know! I was the one who was always taste testing! I never thought I'd get sick of pie, but man, I couldn't even think about pie for years!" Every time we had pie, it was that story, over, and over. I could recite it the exact same way Mom did. My friends thought it was scary. "Hey Mom?" my brother Tom asked my mom, "Could I give some of this pie to Rodger?" "No, Thomas. It would kill him." My mom replied. You see, Rodger is Jack's lizard. He's had the thing forever. He told his friends that he got it at a special auction, but everybody knows that he just found it in the backyard. Dad walked in the door. "Hi everybody!" He yelled. "Hi Dad! We were eating pie!" Shouted my little brother Patrick. "Were you, now?" My dad. Everybody groaned because they knew what was going to happen. It was time for Dad's story. His story was "The Back-Scratcher Incident". Now I think that was even more painful to listen to than Mom's story. Mom's was short and sweet, while when you're listening to Dad's, it feels like it's a mile long. So he told us the story. "It was a long time ago, when I was about Patrick's age. Grandpa Bob and I were at a yard sale. I saw this amazing back-scratcher. It was neon green, and it worked like magic. It cured all the scratches I didn't even know I had! So I asked Grandpa Bob if I could get it. He wouldn't let me. He said 'No son of mine will have a used back-scratcher!'. Well I wouldn't allow it. When Grandpa Bob was looking at a tea cup or something, I put the back-scratcher in my pocket. When we got home I ran up to my room, shut the door, and scratched the night away. In the middle of the night I was awoken by a siren. 'Oh no! They've came for me!' I thought. I went downstairs to turn myself in, but then I saw Grandpa Bob handcuffed, and being escorted into the police car! Grandpa Bob was being arrested, but why? I went back to bed hoping that the whole thing was just a dream, but it wasn't. I asked Grandma Lauren what happened, and she said that Grandpa Bob had stolen a rare antique teacup. I shrugged, and then went up to my room, shut the door, and scratched the day and night away.". It was fun to picture the whole thing in my head. That night Mom told me that night Dad took the back-scratcher out of a drawer, went up to his bedroom, locked the door (So Mom had to find another place to sleep), and scratched the night away.

© 2013 Molly


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

interesting little piece. after somebody talks, be sure to start on another line. it makes the presentation much nicer and makes it easier to follow. all in all it is nice

Posted 11 Years Ago


:)< Very good job!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 3, 2013
Last Updated on January 3, 2013
Tags: family, stories, pie, lizard, back-scratcher, teacup, grandma, stealing

Author

Molly
Molly

Writing
Intriduction Intriduction

A Chapter by Molly


Sunlight Sunlight

A Chapter by Molly