Baseball, Apple Pie, and 'Doh!'

Baseball, Apple Pie, and 'Doh!'

A Story by Michael Stevens
"

Just another boner in a long line of boners!

"
                                                      

 

  Baseball, Apple Pie, and 'Doh!"!

 

     My topic today is saying stupid s**t, or as I like to call it, 'mouthidungness'. It was a bright, sunny day in 1994. The Major League Baseball players were on strike, so my dad and I decided to go see a minor league game. We got to the stadium, took our seats, and were just enjoying being outside on a beautiful day, and watching some baseball.

 

The game got to the late innings, and a series of relief pitchers came in the game. As one of them came in, it reminded me of one of the major leaguers who hadn't been playing so hot, so I turned to my dad, and just started roasting this poor guy. "Let's hope he does better than--(name redacted due to being a puss!) has been lately, that guy sucks!" And I went on and on about what a lump of nothing this guy was. I started to say something else nasty, when the guy sitting right in front of me turned around and gave me a dirty look. Imagine my shock and embarrassment to see it was none other than the very player I'd been ranking on.

 

     I immediately shut up. I figured at this point, it was probably wise. I also shut up because, what are you going to say? "Oh, did I say you? I meant somebody else!" The funny (or not!) thing was, embarrassing someone in public, ANYONE, is the last thing I'd ever want do. If I'd have known, I would have never spoke like that. Thus, tis a cautionary tale of 'keep your mouth zipped, because one never knows, does one?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2015 Michael Stevens


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on November 30, 2015
Last Updated on November 30, 2015
Tags: baseball, boners!

Author

Michael Stevens
Michael Stevens

About
I write for fun; I write comedy pieces and some dramatic stuff. I have no formal writing education, and I have a fear of being told I suck, and maybe I should give up on writing, and get a job makin.. more..

Writing