This Month Is Fired (August Dies)

This Month Is Fired (August Dies)

A Story by Angelheaded Hipster
"

The first two weeks in August .....

"
It seems like I am surrounded by the deaths of my close friends. I loved Paul to no end. I wrote something for him, but I cannot bring myself to share what I have penned. I think I should, for Narnie, Alessander, and the rest of the Time Machine travellers....but I cannot. I loved Paul. He was a mentor, he was a friend, I looked up to, admired and respected him. And hes gone. I am thankful that he was able to see my words, and I am thankful for his encouraging words.
No, we never physically met, but he valued my words, and he encouraged me in ways that made my smile light up a room. I gave him flutterbys.....he is why I consider my muses Butterflies....I adored him.  And he is gone. Gone with the wind baby, yeah, all that noise. And I lack the words...the words to give him a proper send off....

Todly. Todd. I saw him so clear in the afternoon sun, looking back at me, with his mile wide bright shining grin on his lips....I begged him to stay...I didnt want him to go...but he was a grown man, and he was one of my best friends. I saw him that afternoon....and I got a phone call Tuesday morning....and I thought...."no. His wife is a lying b***h..."....but no....she wasnt lying, and it is not a dream, it was real. I lost him.

How does one cope? How does one get used to not seeing someone? How does one bury the memory so they dont break down in tears anytime a memory flashes past their eyes?

So yes. August. You are motherfucking fired.

© 2010 Angelheaded Hipster


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It seems this time of year presses death against many of us, I adore the ending to this piece love!
I wish I could "fire"November and "December" lol
Hugs
xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

559 Views
1 Review
Added on August 28, 2010
Last Updated on August 28, 2010

Author

Angelheaded Hipster
Angelheaded Hipster

My name is Amber....my friends call me.....Amber, GA



About
"God made my body and if it is dirty, then the imperfection lies with the Manufacturer, not the product. Do not remove this tag under the penalty of the law." ~ Lenny Bruce "I don't care to belong .. more..

Writing