Behind the portrait

Behind the portrait

A Poem by Tara♥Undefined♥

A family is like a picture so perfectly framed each face grinning like the world's never changing. They appear to be perfectly fine, perfectly wonderful, perfectly intertwined. But each picture has a story. And stories were meant to be told. then the secrets not a secret and the picture gets dropped to the floor "whispered" and glass shatters.

 

Guitar solo

 

Somedays we just wake up and feel drunk and our face is caked in sweat. Greasy, you get up and lazily, clumsily walk away to the place you know you can't go.

 

 

Chorus: A home is not a home when your a lone or you doing everything. you got no one who loves you or someone who beats you so child you better run away. ( before they get to you and you know there going to hurt you but you can't leave oh, where would you go.)

 

 

Dreams, that's where you like to stay, unless that dream is a nightmare. A tale that you don't care, for cause it reflects you, shows everything about you and haunts you in your sleep. Awake, baggy eyes no one makes a peep.

 

 

A home is not a home when your all alone or your doing everything. You got no one who loves you or someone who beats you and child you better run away. Just run away. Run away x3 (they're gonna get yah)

© 2010 Tara♥Undefined♥


Author's Note

Tara♥Undefined♥
song I just wrote about judgment. Hope you like it please review!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

love it. you'll be a great music maker

Posted 13 Years Ago


You have create a sad story. The photos we take become more valuable with time. Easy to feel lock-in and needing to escape. I like the set-up and the story. I like the flow and the ending. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this but it is sad. You have written it well though

Posted 13 Years Ago


I liked it but I guess I would like it more if I heard you singing it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


love it keep it up and awesome job

Posted 13 Years Ago


i love it, it was absolutly beautiful great job

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is wonderful, i really enjoyed these lyrics. I write lyrics as well. I like this one it has potential.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the idea of bringing that solo in early. I imagine this structure can set a tempo that keeps the listener engaged. I imagine a big finish.

I love the universal message here. No matter what background you are from, the topics of family makes us all sound the same. We've all wanted to escape for some reasons. This is a nice song.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i did like it, keep it up :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 14, 2010
Last Updated on July 14, 2010

Author

Tara♥Undefined♥
Tara♥Undefined♥

canton, OH



About
I am Savannah! Heello!!!^^ I love writing(obviously) I love to sing and dance and stuff. I like the rainy days better than sunny ones and Im crazy too. Well, Idk wat else to tell you.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..