The Boardgames

The Boardgames

A Story by Tara♥Undefined♥

The intensity of the game before me. The board, fused to the marble table; the pieces, detailed and expressive. Waiting, watching, silently as my opponent plans out her next move. I must protect my queen. Is all I can think. Without my queen the entire army will collapse andwe will have hopelessly lost. We-- I said We, as if I were in the battle, a pawn... no they are given up easily, I am a knight; the trickster of the board, the chivalrous, brave one who moves about obstacles in a mischievous fashion.

Suddenly, a red blur flashes past me and I notice the disposition of the king. That worthless b*****d, what good was he for? All he did was set back his bride. The reason I had given mine up early. He was only a burden. All he did was take up the space on the board. Priceless space. He would be eliminated  and now.Oh never shall I give into his power. Waiting and watching from the corner of my eyes. I grin. The foolish king, He sits awaiting my next move. He is three steps up and one step to the right away from me. Perfect placement, my dear. I make my move, fast as lighting on the checkered board. His downfall perplexes my opponent. The poor naive girl, she doesn't seem to have a clue what she's doing. All the better for me though I suppose. In that moment i lost sight of her queen. Where'd she go! I look past the bishop, hiding along the safety of the boards edge ad i see her. Strong and powerful. I tremble at her appearance.  SHe is but a move away from a strike to my bishops heart. So much for a safe spot, and with one wicked lash of her sword, she destroys him. My bishop shatters to pieces on the cold red and black floor. She will pay for this.

I, without thinking, without fearing, make my move, protecting my queen. three steps up and one to the right. Then , I realize where I have put my self. She is in the perfect position to make an attack. Goddess, I hope she doesn't see me, but with all my focuz on her, I dont realize the pawns surrounding me. I've reached my end, I'm sure of it, when one of her pawn's makes the biggest mistake of their small measly lives. He moved in to surround me further instead of going in for the attack. The board master, me, acts as if we are stumped, we have no clue which way to go now, but i sense what the master is telling me. I make my last deadly move.  Three steps to the right one step up. I reach the queen. I feel my queen's eyes widen from behind me as I fight for her life. This queen, all evil, all powerful, but she must go down. I lash out with one powerful wham and she in on her knees, begging me for forgiveness. 

"Hah aha, you expect me to give you the forgiveness that you have denied so many? I don;t think so." and she is gone. Cheers fill the open field. I stare down at my opponent. Devilish grin sweeping over my face. I have done it. I have defeated the red queen! "yah!!!!!!" I ride off, my battle cry echoes in the fields. i am the new champion. I have served my purpose, and i pull myself from the knights body, preparing for a new opponent, a new game.

© 2010 Tara♥Undefined♥


Author's Note

Tara♥Undefined♥
Please review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nicely portrayed..!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Lol. Lovely story. I love how you put us in the knights body. I wish there could be a little more feeling in it but it's really good. Keep workin on it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow, i've never read anything like this from you. i really like it and i agree with Zeitgeist_Manifesto about the feminist thing. very cool

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the way you put you playing style into the story. Many players favor different pieces and that gave it alot of character. I also enjoyed the slight hints of feminism. It would he a thrill to see this knight in shining armor save the day, then remove her helmet to reveal long flowing locks of hair. I also love how you seemed to be able to look through the eyes of your pieces.

The King "worthless b*****d", reminds me a lot of a buck. If you ever have a chance to watch deer in the wild, you will see that Does have a courage bucks will never have. They always seem to venture out into open areas or dangerous crossings while the buck just hides back in the foliage and waits to see what happens as he uses the mother of his children as a shield. Truly a worthless b*****d. You brought those images to life.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

360 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 6, 2010
Last Updated on September 6, 2010

Author

Tara♥Undefined♥
Tara♥Undefined♥

canton, OH



About
I am Savannah! Heello!!!^^ I love writing(obviously) I love to sing and dance and stuff. I like the rainy days better than sunny ones and Im crazy too. Well, Idk wat else to tell you.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..