Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs

Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs

A Chapter by Atul Sharma
"

Apply for the best engineering training programmes and increase your chance of getting a high salaried job

"

Searching the internet for Highest Paying Engineering Jobs? Want to know which job is best suited for you?

The field of engineering is growing at an unprecedented pace and so is the requirement for skilled engineering graduates. Skilled workers who can apply scientific principles, mathematical formulas, technological advancements, and social methodologies to design, develop, adapt, construct, and operate structures, devices, systems, and processes are in high demand all over the world.

However, engineering jobs can be quite competitive, and candidates with the most work experience and skills along with formal education are given more preference than a candidate with formal education but no work experience and skills. To help you out in selecting the multiple option available for you we bring you the Highest Paying Engineering Jobs right now:

 

1. Petroleum engineering

Petroleum engineering is a field of engineering concerned with the activities related to the production of hydrocarbons, which can be either crude oil or natural gas. Petroleum Engineers are responsible for on and off-shore oil exploration and finding the most efficient and profitable means of extracting oil and natural gas. Working in mines and oil rig has risks but  Petroleum engineering is one of the Highest Paying Engineering Jobs that you can opt for

  • Petroleum engineer design and built equipment for oil and gas extraction
  • Petroleum engineer design and built offshore and onshore drilling platforms
  • Petroleum engineer assist in planning and execution of drilling plans and crude oil and gas extraction, they also plan out ways to inject water, chemicals, gases, or steam into an oil reserve to force out more oil or gas
  • Petroleum engineer makes sure that all the drilling equipment are running properly and that all the safety protocols are followed
  • Petroleum engineer evaluate the production and quality of oil wells through surveys, testing, and analysis

 

2. Nuclear engineering

Nuclear engineering is the branch of engineering concerned with breaking down or combining of atomic particles i.e. fission and fusion as scientifically called. It also deals with the application of other sub-atomic processes based on the principles of nuclear physics.

  • Nuclear Engineers conducts researches on nuclear energy and radiation for industrial, medical and defence use.
  • Nuclear Engineers assists in the designing and creation of processes, instrumentation, equipment, and systems for experimentation and extraction of nuclear materials.
  • Nuclear Engineers maintain and monitor nuclear operations to ensure safety, detect violations of nuclear regulations and laws, handling and disposal of nuclear waste, and develop preventative measures for nuclear accidents.
  • Nuclear Engineers maintain and operate nuclear facilities and to ensure there is no violation of protocols and that the facilities run at its optimum level.
  • For being a Nuclear Engineer one needs to go through a lot of training and the scrutiny is very strict as it involves risks to self and others because of which it is one of the Highest Paying Engineering Jobs

 

3. Aerospace Engineers

Aerospace engineering is the branch of engineering concerned with the research, designing and development of aircraft, spacecraft, and satellites. Aeronautical engineers work with aircraft. They are involved primarily in designing aircraft and propulsion systems and in studying the aerodynamic performance of aircraft and construction materials.

  • Aerospace Engineering is primarily concerned with the designing, development, and testing of aircraft, satellites, spacecraft, missiles, and other air or spacecraft products for the military, commercial, or private use.
  • Aerospace Engineers also works in drafting the safety policies of aircraft and the standards that should be followed for operating any aircraft.
  • Aerospace Engineers also evaluate products to ensure that they meet customer requirements, engineering specifications, and quality standards.
  • Aerospace Engineers works towards identifying the issues of an aircraft and works towards fixing those issues.

 

4. Software engineering

Software engineering is the branch of engineering which deals with the detailed study of engineering, and application of engineering principals towards research, development, and maintenance of software solutions and is one of the Highest Paying Engineering Jobs that you can opt for. Software Engineering is a blend of computer science, mathematics, and engineering.  While a software engineer is typically responsible for the design of systems, programmers are often responsible for coding its implementation.

  • Software engineering focuses on user needs and wants and fulfils them by designing, constructing, and developing computer applications software or systems to meet those needs.
  • Software engineers coordinate the construction and maintenance of a company’s computer systems and plan their future growth.
  • Software engineers work with multiple teams to create and develop advanced software systems which are intended to solve real-time issues of the users.
  • Software Engineers also assist in resolving any operational, security, or functional issues with software, computer systems, and computer networks.
  • Software Engineers works on the development of game architecture, website creation, consumer and military software solutions etc.

 

5. Civil engineering

Civil engineering is a is a branch of engineering that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, such as roads, railways, airports, bridges, harbour’s, dams, irrigation projects, power plants, and water and sewerage systems.

  • Civil engineer undertakes technical and feasibility studies including site investigations of construction sites and areas using a range of computer software for developing detailed designs.
  • undertaking complex calculations before and after construction
  • liaising with clients and a variety of professionals including architects and subcontractors
  • Civil engineer deals with resolving design and development problems and is also responsible for managing budgets and project resources.
  • Civil engineer undertakes the scheduling of material and equipment purchases and deliveries and making sure that the project complies with legal requirements, especially health and safety
  • Civil engineer assesses the sustainability and environmental impact of projects and ensuring projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time with lease or no environmental or legal issues

 

6. Chemical Engineers

Chemical engineering is a branch of engineering that uses various principles relating to chemistry, physics, and mathematics to efficiently use, produce, transform, and transport chemicals, materials, and energy.

  • A chemical engineer designs and develops the safest and most efficient means of producing food, drugs, chemicals, fuel, and other materials
  • Chemical engineers are involved in many aspects of plant design and operation, including safety and hazard assessments, process design and analysis
  • Chemical engineers work towards improving food processing techniques, and methods of producing fertilizers, to increase the quantity and quality of available food.
  • Chemical engineers develop methods to mass-produce drugs, making them more affordable; and they create safer, more efficient methods of refining petroleum products, making energy and chemical sources more productive and cost-effective.

 

7. Electrical Engineers

Electrical engineering is a branch of engineering that generally deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. Electrical engineers specialize in power supply and generation.

  • Electrical engineers design, develop, test and supervise electrical equipment manufacturing.
  • Electrical Engineers works on the development of new and improved electronics, components, and equipment. They also test and resolve problems with existing electronics.
  • Electrical Engineers work with a large number of products and systems from lighting and wiring within structures to cars, robots, generators, and navigation systems to ensure performance and resolve issues.
  • They also design and assemble new products, test products to ensure safety, and oversee the installation of components.
  • Electrical Engineers create technical drawings and specifications indicating instructions and proper operation.

 

8.Biomedical Engineers

Biomedical engineering (BME), also known as bioengineering is one of the  Highest Paying Engineering Jobs. It involves the application of engineering principles and design concepts to medicine and biology for healthcare purposes. Its main focus is on improving the quality, efficiency, safety, and effectiveness of medical systems and products.

  • Design systems and products, such as artificial internal organs, artificial devices that replace body parts, and machines for diagnosing medical problems
  • Install, adjust, maintain, repair, or provide technical support for biomedical equipment
  • Evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical equipment
  • Train clinicians and other personnel on the proper use of equipment
  • Work with life scientists, chemists, and medical scientists to research the engineering aspects of biological systems of humans and animal

 

9.Mining engineers

Mining engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the application of science and technology for the extraction of minerals from the earth crust. Mining engineer deals with exploration and discovery of mineral resources, through a feasibility study, mine design, development of plans, production and operations to mine closure.

  • Mining engineer are Involved in the development and designing of open-pit and underground mines
  • Mining engineer are Involved in managing the operations of the mine, training, and supervision of personnel
  • Mining engineer ensure that mines are operated safely and in the most environmentally effective ways possible
  • Mining engineer is involved in finding solutions in the area concerning water and air pollution, land reclamation etc.
  • Mining engineer prepares technical reports for miners, engineers, and managers
  • Working in mines has its own risks and therefore Mining engineering is one of the Highest Paying Engineering Jobs

 

10.Marine Engineering

Marine engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the designing, development, construction, installation, inspection, and maintenance of propulsion systems, engines, pumps and other pieces of technical equipment that make boats and other maritime vessels function effectively. Marine engineer work on all kinds of ships, from ferries, cargo ships, and hovercraft to cruise liners and military vessels, such as frigates, warships, and submarines.

  • Marine engineer works in R&D and construction and maintenance of marine vessels and their components.
  • Marine engineer draws blueprints, designing engines and propulsion systems, testing prototypes, and supervising the construction of full-size ships and also smaller boats and vessels.
  • When working on larger ships, such as cruise ships, ocean liners, destroyers, frigates and aircraft carriers marine engineers use computer-aided 3D modelling programs to conduct simulated tests to ascertain the design flaws, check efficiency, check functionality etc.
  • Marine engineers are responsible for designing onboard systems such as helm control systems, Propulsion systems, Mechanical and electrical systems, safety systems etc.


© 2018 Atul Sharma


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on October 29, 2018
Last Updated on October 29, 2018
Tags: engineering, training, education, college, civil, mechanical, electronics, science


Author

Atul Sharma
Atul Sharma

Bangalore, Karnataka, India



About
Monkfox is a team of IIT Alumni offering Hands-On Workshop Exposure the training is by Industry Professionals and experts. Monkfox has Trained 100+ Colleges / Universities and 16000+ Students / Facult.. more..

Writing
My book My book

A Book by Atul Sharma