June 26, 2011

June 26, 2011

A Story by Violet
"

well f**k. I typed a really great thing here, and I loved it...but this stupid website didn't save it and now i am pissed. so here it goes, once more. just my thoughts about our society at the moment

"
It seems like people get more and more fucked up as each day goes on. Especially the teenagers. They are the future of America and we are just pushing them deeper and deeper into a hole of self absorbed s**t that they are going to build our future America upon. I'd like to just blame the media for it, but they don't deserve all the blame. It's kids parents as well. not just their parents, but all the role models in their lives. Teachers, actors, artists, everything. The media just advertises what they know will sell, no matter how corrupt and disturbed it is. no one cares if they drop s**t into influential kids minds because at least they are making money. no one cares if they are ruining the future because they are making money now. Parents just let their kids watch anything now a days. TeenMom, Jersey Shore, even freaking Degrassi has become mature. Yeah, teenagers will try to tell you that by watching these shows it teaches them how not to act, but that's a bunch of bullshit. Whether they want to admit it to themselves or not, they are subconsciously taking all of the things they watch and applying them to everyday situations. They think that high school should be exactly like Degrassi: hook ups, pregnancy, drugs, and shoot-outs. And that is exactly how high school is becoming. What they don't show you on those shows, is that the consequences are always more severe, and 99 percent of the time, not worth it. The music that they listen to influences them as well. Mainstream music is so horrible now. It astonishes me that there are so many young women who are listening to these rap songs that are just so horrid. They think it's so cool and it sounds nice. But if you read the lyrics, without the music, you will realize it's covered with nothing but sex, lies, drugs, and demeaning attitudes. I cannot even fathom why any girl would enjoy a song about using a girl for sex and talking about her in a way that is just....nasty. that is the only word i can think of to describe it. Basically, what I'm getting at here is that with all of this s**t people advertise as cool and hip, it's no wonder America is fucked. no one thinks for themselves. Everyone wants to fit in. But what is fitting in? Truly? Is fitting in wearing what everyone else is wearing? Is fitting in listening and watching what everyone else is listening and watching? Is fitting in losing who you are and what you believe in to be just like every other lost person? if that's what fitting in, i cannot understand why anyone would want to fit it. I cannot understand what is so appealing about being with other lost souls. It may make you feel "cool" or "important" for a few seconds, but is that 15 seconds of fame worth dumping your morals out the window? I am a 16 year old girl who has decided to hold onto my morals. I am a 16 year old girl who has decided that I would rather stand alone as myself than stand with everyone as a lost soul. I am a 16 year old girl who has realized the fucked up ways of society and has not let myself get wrapped up in it. I am a 16 year old girl who is trying to make a positive change in this fucked up world.

© 2011 Violet


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

If I can give you a bit of advise, don't have role models. They will always let you down. All the teachers, parents, artists, ad nauseam have deep seeded secrets. They try to keep it away from the young people because that is their job. But, everyone f***s up. The goal in life is to learn from it and move on. Just know everything important to you right now will mean nothing to you in 10 years. Just live and experience life and above all have fun.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Nice rant. I agree!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow. Is it really like this in America? You write very passionately by the way, I like it :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


If I can give you a bit of advise, don't have role models. They will always let you down. All the teachers, parents, artists, ad nauseam have deep seeded secrets. They try to keep it away from the young people because that is their job. But, everyone f***s up. The goal in life is to learn from it and move on. Just know everything important to you right now will mean nothing to you in 10 years. Just live and experience life and above all have fun.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

i agree 100% on everything you just said.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 27, 2011
Last Updated on June 27, 2011

Author

Violet
Violet

AZ, United Kingdom



About
I don't know. more..

Writing
Running Running

A Poem by Violet


Bollocks Bollocks

A Poem by Violet


drowning drowning

A Poem by Violet