A COSMIC ENCOUNTER

A COSMIC ENCOUNTER

A Poem by moonbeam40
"

EXTRA TERRESTRIAL

"

Through interstellar time and space.

Came forth a craft of an unknown race.

Neath twinkling stars in the skies of earth.

I saw you.

 

A magnificent machine of a silvery sheen.

Had set it's course slowly silently

Steering it's way towards me.

From the tip of it's cone a red light shone,

Like a beacon going off and on.

I saw you.

 

Were you a probe were you scanning me.

This close encounter twixt you and me.

I felt no fear just wondrous awe.

Through my window on the 17th floor.

Judging your size and measurements

A scout ship from the mother sent.

 

Why you appeared I am not sure.

You blew my mind to it's very core.

Then slowly silently you backed away.

Finding my voice shouting don't go away.

I could not go so I was told.

Twas my chemical make-up

that made that so.

 

I watched you leave through a portal gone.

Wondering where you really came from.

Thoughts of love on their way to you wend.

Drifting towards you and in destiny blend.

 

 

LOUISA OCTOBER 1970.

 A true account.

© 2012 moonbeam40


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

An amazing account of something most of us only ever dream of seeing.......and you clearly give a stunning voice, to something that came to see us, something you welcomed, and how beautiful your descriptions are. Us humans really should never believe we are the only creatures on this universe, too presumptuous, for the universe is never ending, and I think we are probably the least intelligent forms of life in this universe, just my take.Wonderful write, truly amazing.


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

To think and feel that Homo Sapiens are the only so called beings in our universe just shows, yet again, the arrogance of Mankind .. the kind of Man who misunderstands that there is life in different forms, forms we can't evver imagine or picture, and, certainly not what we see in movies or comics.

What you felt was a touch, a beckoning, a signal; you remember it and share .. there are far more people than you think who understand. ' I felt no fear just wondrous awe.' There's an understanding heart inside your earthly form.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hi Bubo, thankyou for reviewing my two poems the Tree and Cosmic Encounter,hope you are enjoying this lovely sunshine, love Moonbeam xxx.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I wonder if i would be petrified or amazed and excited were this to happen to me.
From reading your poem of it i feel i would be as you .. wonderful that you saw this ... and felt love? That is hopeful. A very interesting account written in poem structure. I enjoyed this.

Also welcome to the Cafe:)


Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Powerful expressions of the seen and not seen.. of the felt presence of life reaching for you.. and you wondering... Now we wonder as well at the life that fills the universe..

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Smiling all the way through every account of your Cosmic Encounter. Your are a true poetess of rhythmic rhyme.

Enjoyed This Enconter

Thank You for sharing Louisa

Welcome to the Cafe

Posted 13 Years Ago


An amazing account of something most of us only ever dream of seeing.......and you clearly give a stunning voice, to something that came to see us, something you welcomed, and how beautiful your descriptions are. Us humans really should never believe we are the only creatures on this universe, too presumptuous, for the universe is never ending, and I think we are probably the least intelligent forms of life in this universe, just my take.Wonderful write, truly amazing.


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love this poem. amazing words from an amazing mind xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 13, 2011
Last Updated on October 29, 2012

Author

moonbeam40
moonbeam40

ESSEX, CLACTON, United Kingdom



About
Western zodiac sign Gemini, Eastern Zodiac I am The Metal Dragon. Born June 7th 1940, was evacuated until 1947, when war ended 1945? Born in Hornchurch Essex although I am not in any records? Many st.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The tree The tree

A Poem by moonbeam40


He will be... He will be...

A Poem by Gee