MOTHER EARTH

MOTHER EARTH

A Poem by moonbeam40
"

POETRY

"

 You are slowly destroying me

By chemically poisoning all of my Seas

Chopping down my rain forests and trees

Pouring cement all over me

Exploding bombs in my belly

Displacing all of my energies

 

There is a price to pay for your stupidity

For I am mind power memory, of living

life force energies ,without me where

would you be, my energies have to move

by cementing me over by your causing

earthquakes, volcanic eruptions,

flooding and terror,

Mad cows and poisoned fish finally

end up on your dish, instead of nourishing

you this food is slowly poisoning you

ruining your digestive tract your health

your nerves this is a fact, act now do

 what is right, fight the good fight

with all of your might, the whole world

needs saving  make this your goal

think how to repair the ozone hole

 if I am to remain your source of

 sustanance and salvation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2011 moonbeam40


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yes I agree, hole in the ozone, i think it's too late to repair it. I can really feel this write. We don't know exactly what they do to the cows or th way they feed them or even fish for that matter. It's the pollution and no one caring. Very well done and said!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

There is urgency in your poem and I do believe all of us need to be aware that all the poison and destruction is effecting us, too. Human health is declining as is the health of the Earth. It is time to unite and stop the continued destruction.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I very much enjoyed this poem, a message powerfully said - I've recently been studying a course in naturopathic nutrition - some very interesting facts came out about food pollution including how a well looked after cow slaughtered for meat is nutritionally superior to one living in cruel conditions - it all goes so much deeper than many realise, very interesting poem. Annie :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great poem. Good expression of how we have to take care of the earth. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting poem love, I do believe that the earth is answering us back though......sad fact of life that we as humans are destructive, hide it under the carpet syndrome! Great poem xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


"we scorch the earth
set fire to the sky
we stoop so low
to reach so high"

we are rotten stewards of the planet-nice ode to a raped planet

Posted 12 Years Ago


Absolutely..........thank you so much for writing this wonderful poem to bring this injustice to light

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The words are true. We need to take care of Earth. We need her more then she need us. Time to stop the destruction of the water, earth and air. A outstanding poem. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dear, where I work, I outdoors and there is soooooo much noise pollution it dilutes my minds thoughts of what it use to be. I've watched the area grow from wide open fields of rolling hills of natures own melody of the wild and its own universe of quiet. embraced by a major freeway.

Its been 26 years now and its all gone and covered with mans concrete jungle of busyness and noise. It is sad that my own eyes have seen it all fade away from what it was.

There is one field left that I walk through often, its quiet, but you can hear the freeway noise and its littered with trash and what not of residence that surrounds it. It really does weep with the vise of man kind.

I so much enjoyed what you and your heart envisioned and wrote for us moonbeam.

Like our friend Emma Green has mentioned - I repeat her heartfelt words - I could go on and one. But I won't.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So much truth, so many tragic pictures in your lines, seems the cards are stacked against us but, of course, so much of the tragedy is our doing. Things have been happening for centuries - equally the cure would take the same time -but it's not as simple as that. In the process of taking from Mother Earth we've abused her, contaminated her and like it or not we're now reaping the UNbenefits. I better stop, could write a mile of rant .. but instead thank you very sincerely for your compassionate awareness.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stunning in imagery ~ how true your words are, we are destroying the very planet that sustains us, and yet we still continue to do so blindly, thinking science will get us out of this rut~ miracle cures are not going to happen.I loved this piece, the force behind your words screams at us~ and you have an insight any do not have~ Fabulous work.............and gripping reality.

Mad cows and poisoned fish.
Finally end up on your dish.
Instead of nourishing you.
This food is slowly poisoning you.
Ruining your digestive tract.
Your health your nerves.
This is a fact.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 26, 2011
Last Updated on October 6, 2011

Author

moonbeam40
moonbeam40

ESSEX, CLACTON, United Kingdom



About
Western zodiac sign Gemini, Eastern Zodiac I am The Metal Dragon. Born June 7th 1940, was evacuated until 1947, when war ended 1945? Born in Hornchurch Essex although I am not in any records? Many st.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The tree The tree

A Poem by moonbeam40


Dreaming Dreaming

A Poem by Robin