Chapter Five : Conflicting Ideas?

Chapter Five : Conflicting Ideas?

A Chapter by Totoro-Sama
"

In the end . . he was just persistent.

"



They both sat together in the mess of boxes. Mia's blush subsided with the mature realization that he had just saved her from a lot of pain. She didn't have the right to criticize him, or get angry for no good reason whatsoever. So . . After declaring himself right (yes, he was . .  this time, at least), Mia heard Ace begin to heartily laugh once more, even though he could have easily been the one who was injured. Why was he laughing?! Ohhh  . .  if the school had found out that Mia-Sara Jones had injured the great, superstar athlete Ace . .  her head would be on a pike by his fan club! The young girl gulped at the horrid thought. All the unwanted attention! His back . . did the boxes bruise him in any way? Did they hit his head? Was there any damage? Were his arms okay?! As they sat in that awkward position (her head turning to look at him), Mia bit her lip in worry as she reached her hand out to Ace, the young, red-headed male noticing quite quickly as he concluded his usual, giddy chuckle. 

"You ok--"

He stopped when he saw her reach for him. Her lighter, ruby eyes seemed to look into his darker ones, which were still glowing with that confidence that she felt back at the field. There was a silence as a breeze blew by the window, making the curtains flutter and dance slowly within the darkening room. There was a silence that followed his abrupt stop as Mia's pale, slender hand moved closer to his cheek, while Ace seemed to be stuck in place, his face unmoving, nor showing any change of countenance. 

The young man flinched at the touch. 

Her hands were cold . .  but they were surprisingly soft, and very comfortable. A slight blush accented Ace's cheeks at the feel of her skin. He didn't notice it at first . . . But . .  Mia smelled nice . .  (due to the perfume she had to wear on the job), and unlike his eyes, which were full of nothing but pride in himself, her eyes were of a gentle red . . like that of the sunset sky. Her face was meek, and even though it was pale due to exhaustion, her countenance shone with natural beauty. She was similar to a mother. Ace couldn't help but close his eyes unconsciously to indulge himself in the caress. 

Mia inched upward his head toward his left temple, right next to "confident" eyes not blinking.

. . Slowly . . .

. . . . Gently . . .

. . . . . . . . Slowly . . . . .

"Ouch!"

Ace flinched again when Mia's hand made its way into the side of his head, into spiky, red locks that had hidden the bump he had gotten from one of the boxes that had fallen on him. At the reaction, Mia frowned, sighed wearily, and removed herself from the young male. She stood up over Ace, putting both hands on each side of her waist, shaking her head as the "superstar athlete" could barely touch the minor hit without hissing at the sharp pain. And right on time, the nurse made her way inside the room as the door sounded open, creaking as the staff member stopped in place to see the mess that had been made, and the two who had made it.

"What's going on . .?" she asked, looking around at the two for an explanation.

"I---"

"He's injured." 

Mia declared before Ace could even open his mouth to speak, gracefully tucking a lock of brown behind her ear before turning around to make her way over to the table where the young girl picked up her items. Ah, she looked like her old, indifferent self again.The young student looked about the table and scanned for small or easily forgotten objects. There were the notebooks that Rachel had left for her. There were a few pencils scattered here and there. Mia's backpack had been carefully placed right on the office chair. Ace's was right next to hers . . but she didn't even pay his any mind as Mia turned her head to the window, knowing that she would be late tonight. And, as what she would do usually, the young girl didn't even pay any attention as Ace began to stutter in his speaking, still trying to recover himself from what had just happened. 

"W-wait a min---" he began, only to be cut off by the nurse.

"You got yourself hurt this time? Again? I swear, kids these days. Let me see your head."

"No, I'll be fine . . look! She's getting away!" 

He quickly pointed toward the door, at Mia who had gathered her bag, and was finally walking out. Ah. she was spotted.  The young girl stopped right under the doorway as she tilted her head back, long, brown locks pouring down slender shoulders as she pierced Ace with a sharp glare. She wanted to escape before she was seen. But . . that just couldn't happen, could it? At the sight, the young boy flinched on the ground he sat in, surprised that someone in the school . .  someone who had been a female and a student would stare at him in such an irritated, annoyed manner . .  especially after what she had done. Surely, Ace must have had conflicting thoughts.

"As I said. I will be fine."

She faced forward and began to take a step forward before looking back again as if to say one last piece.
Mia cross-examined him and the boxes scattered about, raising a brow.

"And besides, aren't you in need of some assistance?"

Mia snickered as the young girl stepped out, her hair fluttering behind her as she made her way down the empty halls, alone. Her steps echoed with each moment forward.

. . . . Click, Clack . . . Click, Clack . . .  Click Clack . .  Click Clack . . .

It was a lonely sound. It bounced on sealed windows and painted walls. It was the only sound to keep her company in the darkened building. She rarely was here when the school was empty. It was strange, especially when Mia looked out one of the windows to stare at an empty field.  Practice must have been over. She didn't see the small ants scurry around to pick up equipment like usual. Gates to the courts were closed. Rachel must have gone home under the impression that Ace would entertain Mia. The brunette scoffed at the thought as she continued to move on. That man had his own problems right now. Although . . . Mia had to admit . . it was rather rude of her to treat him that way after he had saved her from that fall. Maybe she would apologize later. The young girl put a finger under her lip in thought. 

"Nah."

She spoke aloud, closing her eyes to take in the emptiness surrounding her. As lonely as it was . . this kind of atmosphere was calming as well. Much better than having to worm your way through a mass of bodies hoping that you don't lose the key-chains hanging on your purse. Rachel is a prime example. The poor blonde had lost the cutest teddy-bear figure that she loved to have strapped on her racket-case-thingy; the racket case? As a woman who always tried to stay away from sports, this young girl only knew how to run for student body president rather than how to run a mile. A sigh escaped as Mia made her way out of the building, and outside the gates before looking back at the giant school, also facing forward at the street to marvel at the lack of students and noise. Sunset . . it was almost over. 

Soon the night would begin. And so, behind dreary, brown bangs, the young lady looked up at the soon-to-be starry sky, tracing the last of the sun peeking behind the mountains far off into the distance. Oh well.

Sara would be late for work.

"Let's hurry then."

Mia took a step forward before she heard a muffled sound make itself known behind her. The brunette shook, startled by the sound, and startled by the person who had made the sound as well. She was tempted to keep going. It spoke again.

"Hey! Wait up!"

Why was this man so intent on walking her home? Mia stood still before she felt a hand on her shoulder. It was him. Ace struggled to catch his breath as the young red-head leaned over to take a breather, one hand on her shoulder with the other supporting his upper body by grasping his corresponding knee. Mia tilted her head to look back at the young man . . .  who looked as if he ran all the way from the office just to find her. 

"Phew! Made it!"

Ace chuckled to himself, with that oh-so-ever confident shine in his eyes.


© 2014 Totoro-Sama


Author's Note

Totoro-Sama
Picture Found in Zerochan.
I Am Quite New at this . . so Please go Easy On me.
Comment or don't. I would like some reviews though.
If you want to see the characters, there is a Guide.

Note : It's been a while, sorry if it's not satisfactory. Sorry for it's shortness as well.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on August 16, 2014
Last Updated on December 31, 2014
Tags: Anime-Inspired, Anime, Fantasy, Romance