You Stutter When You Sleep

You Stutter When You Sleep

A Poem by Scott Michael Heath
"

A very random 'poem' type thing.

"

You Stutter When You Sleep
  it's been so long since i've had anyone sleeping next to me. it's better than anything just to fall asleep. i kept myself up to watch your thoughts drifting next to me. sometimes this single and only event is where i want to be. safe in my room, in my blue, blue room. angel sleeps there breathing through her sleep. sometimes i live for that half-concious waking up to see that there's someone next to me. and that's where i'd like to be. i'd love to hear you breathe. things that don't last get glorified. and i still don't know what the hell just happened. but a minute awake in the morning light and i heard your little lungs stutter the sleepy air you breathe, and that's enough to make me know that's where i'd like to be. i'd love to hear you breathe. it's probably something i don't really need, but that's where i'd like to be.

© 2009 Scott Michael Heath


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
Added on January 8, 2009

Author

Scott Michael Heath
Scott Michael Heath

Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia



About
I live in Melbourne, Australia. I've been writing for over 20 years now, and have had numerous things published. Currently working on various projects, one being my autobiography. more..

Writing