a list: for my future lver

a list: for my future lver

A Poem by Addie Santos

I barely can understand my penmanship as I write a list to my future lover, who will forgive me a legion of times and who would make my dark places a home for himself. I'm a perfectionist so. 
1. He has to be gentle. That would my mother would always tell me. No matter the looks, how thick his wallet is in his jeans or slacks is unimportant as so as the penury he's felt. As long as the man is gentle, he will make you fall in love with him again. Every time. 

2. He has to counter me from my what's right and wrong. He has to correct me even if it's the thing I hate most in the entire world. I can be stubborn. But I do hate it, really. If he needs to pour a bucket of ice on top of me for his perspective to be proven, so be it.

3. Reading to me will make my five senses miraculously focused on him alone. The pitch of his voice; how differently he says ph from th, the way his lips move, the feeling of his direct skin on mine, the smell of manhood and utter love, and the taste of forever. Of course, the meaning is important but my body will commit to memory on how you read.

4. Holding me will be your one-way ticket to escape a fight. You don't have to touch me specifically, because I don't have a favourite place to be touched. My skin is liquid. Touch me someplace else, the beholder of it will budge. The beholder is my mind. Don't be worried though because I'll surely touch you back. I will not just pay you with a caress or an embrace but be reminded that I am inhumanely sensitive and I will perceive it as that you love me(back).

© 2014 Addie Santos


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed your list. I believe good to know the woman or man before giving everything away. Would be wise to read the list of needs and want.
" I will not just pay you with a caress or an embrace but be reminded that I am inhumanely sensitive and I will perceive it as that you love me(back)."
I like the directness and real life feel in your words.
Coyote




Posted 10 Years Ago


Addie Santos

10 Years Ago

Thank you, unfortunately other people think my writing is nothing compared to theirs. The world is s.. read more
Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Many types of writers. Each of us write with our own style and goal. I write for me and I hope someo.. read more
Some realistic and sharp demends based on wisdom and understanding from both sides of the equation...Bravo.....................

Posted 10 Years Ago


Addie Santos

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much. x
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

You are welcome...:)...................

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 19, 2014
Last Updated on March 19, 2014
Tags: heartbreak, depression, mature, poetry, anxiety, romance, love, isolation, relationship

Author

Addie Santos
Addie Santos

About
Read Charles Bukowski. more..

Writing
one shot one shot

A Story by Addie Santos