Chapter LII: Ultraviolet

Chapter LII: Ultraviolet

A Chapter by Oran

            10:55 PM R.W.T.

 

            The night went on with hours of gruesome zombie slaying for the guys. Even Sticky got inspired and started to browse Minecraft’s mod folder for any zombie mods. I’d make a [1] Highschool of the Dead reference, but sadly I’m stuck in that episode that defies Hooke’s Law assuming that the material their breasts are made of is attached to a spring.

 

            Seriously though, the b**b physics in ecchi animations has at least two laws of physics that it doesn’t conform to.

 

            “You guys think there’s a mod that adds b**b physics in this game?”, Elias blurts out as they take down another Tank. It seems they changed the campaign to The Passing.

 

            “Rule 34, my friend”, Crisostomo replies. “I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a bondage mod for this game.”

 

            “That’s actually a good idea. Imagine if they had Zoey tied up and the zombies come at her-“

 

            “Yes-yes, they gang bang her. How about you keep these guys off my back while I load the fuel?”

 

            “Why would anyone want to make something like that?”, Credo questions.

 

            “People have their own preferences, Credo”, Elias explains. “You, for example, are into small, petite breasts, right?”

 

            “Hmm... I suppose that’s true.”

 

            “We all have different tastes”, Crisostomo follows up as he chucks a Pipe Bomb to lure away the zombies. “Some are more distinct than others, like Elias’ foot fetish-“

 

            “Oh, does this mean I can also elaborate about how you have an armpit fetish?”, Elias says as he cuts him off.

 

            “Well, I’ve come to accept it”, Crisostomo replies.

 

            “Even with the despair you feel whenever you approach a girl and realize how f*cked-up and creepy your way of thinking is when she accidentally lifts up her arms?”

 

            “...It’s a little hard to bear but...”

 

            “Of course, once she notices you’re staring, she’ll have no other impression about you except a pervert who gets an erection from-“

 

            “Okay! Maybe it is a little... strange...”

 

            “It’s weird as hell compared to Credo’s preference. This is why he has a girlfriend and we don’t.”

 

            “Damn... I want a girlfriend...”

 

            “Guys, I’m getting ravaged here!” Solis panics as a Hunter guts his character.

 

            “Got it”, Elias says as he shoots off the infected. “By the way Solis, do you have any preferences?”

 

            “Preferences? I’ve never really thought about it.”

 

            “Oh, I forgot. You’re one of those passive guys that women love so much.”

 

            “Hey, I’m not passive! I don’t really know what that means... But I’m pretty sure it was an insult!”

 

            “Solis, he basically means you haven’t discovered women yet”, Crisostomo explains.

 

            “I’ve discovered women a long time ago, ever since I could distinguish a pee-pee from a vaj!”

 

            “You see, right there”, Credo elaborates. “You say pee-pee instead of penis. We’re the same age but you act like you’re twelve and only recently discovered what a c**t is.”

 

            “...What’s a c**t?”

 

            The three men sighed in disappointment from his question. To make matters worse for Solis, Sticky speaks up.

 

            “Isn’t that the thing that makes women love you more?”

 

            “...Well, you’re not wrong, kid, but... Where’d you hear about that?” Crisostomo asks him.

 

            Ate’s father told me.”

 

            “Yvaine’s father? When did you meet him?”

 

            “Umm... I’m not allowed to talk about that subject without her permission.”

 

            “Come to think of it, she was registered as a citizen in Berial Magus as Osiris Yvaine.”

 

            “Osiris?”, Solis questions.

 

            “Yeah. She was apparently an official citizen since three years ago under that name.”

 

            “Oh... Aw, crap!”

 

            “What?”

 

            “Well, if you hadn’t noticed, this guy’s overgrown arm is pummeling me!”

 

            “Where are you?”, Credo asks as he hacks his way through the infected with a Ninja Sword.

 

            “Near Bill’s corpse!”

 

            “How the hell did you get there- Oh, it’s a Charger.”

 

            “Get him off!”

 

            Credo melees it.

 

            “Hey, guys, do you know how his arm got this big?”, Credo questions.

 

            “Is that supposed to be a joke? If it is, then that’s probably Elias in two or three more years without a girlfriend.”

 

            All three of them laugh, but Solis just wasn’t getting into it. It’s not because he was immature. He knows that one arm gets excessively used when a person masturbates, but hearing the name ‘Osiris’ again puts him numb to the humor.

 

            I totally forgot!

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            2:18 AM R.W.T.

 

            It’s been a long night, and the guys decided to end it after The Passing campaign. Crisostomo, Sticky and Elias went back to their respective inns while the other two went back to the mansion where Kevlar assigned rooms for them and the rest of the Elementals.

 

            The old mansion at Bania had a total of 6 bedrooms at the second floor and a master bedroom that divides the set of rooms evenly on each side. Aside from Sierra and Therese who shared the king sized bed in the master bedroom, each member of the group had his or her own room. Everyone was sleeping soundly with their own Anima, except for one particular girl who just can’t seem to keep her eyes closed.

 

            Behind the mansion, adjacent to the shed, there was actually a target range used by the old Aristocrat owners, and Anna was out there, trying to hit a bullseye. She found a long bow and a quiver of arrows at the other end of the range, and she’s been trying to hit the mark for almost half an hour now. There’s about a 90 meter (295.276 foot in retard units) distance between the starting line and the target, which should be easy for her, but somehow she just can’t seem to hit it.

 

            Anna’s been thinking about what Credo told her earlier when she saw that dress again.

 

            It seems she got the reaction she wanted from him, but she wasn’t expecting to feel so weak after his reply from her explanation.

 

            It’s alright, Anna. You don’t have to worry about anything. We’re almost done. There are only two more left, and after that, we can merge into the key and this will all be over for you.

 

            How are we going to do that?

 

            I asked Eve, and she says she knows where to do the process, something about ‘The Divine Library’, whatever that is. Once the key is formed, we’ve had done our part already and you can go back home.

 

            What about you?

 

            Me? Well... You see, I... I think I want to join in the fight. I promised myself I would, for my parent’s sake. I know it’s something I can put off, but I want to find out who’s responsible for the destruction of the village I was raised in.

 

            But what if you...

 

            Die? I’m not going to die. To tell you the truth, I’ve been wanting to die ever since I left Sauniere. I made a living that forced me to prepare myself for death... Accepting contracts that had the highest bounty knowing that what I’m hunting for is just as dangerous. But I just wouldn’t die. I was always at the brink, but in the end, not one of them could kill me.

 

            I... I had no idea you felt that way. I didn’t even know something like that happened to you.

 

            It’s okay, Anna. That was a long time ago. I’ve met too many optimistic people to feel that way anymore. Right now, I have something to live for, and I’m not going to just let these Demons take away my reason to live.

 

            Your reason to live?

 

            You, and everyone else that survived the incident. In a way we’re family... or maybe I just wanted to think that there are people like me who never had the chance to live normally. I guess it sounds too gooey coming from my mouth, a little conceited even, but I’m glad I fell in love with a girl who knows how it feels. To tell you the truth, I never want to feel alone like that again, that’s why I want to protect what I have left.

 

            I see...

 

            They went silent staring at the rain after that. Credo had all these thoughts in his head and all she could think of was keeping him to herself. She didn’t even know how to react. Only a curt reply was said. It makes her sick to her stomach to discover how shallow her way of thinking is.

 

            “[2] MOTHER APE-A*S!

 

            That was the worst excuse for a curse I ever heard!

 

            If you’re going to swear, do it properly! You’re going to keep missing if you keep thinking about unnecessary things! At least keep you’re breathing at a constant stable rate!

 

            “If you’re going to swear, do it properly! You’re going to keep missing if you keep thinking about unnecessary things! At least keep you’re breathing at a constant stable rate!”

 

            Oh, look, somebody stole my line again. Who is it this time?

 

            It’s Kevlar.

 

            “AAAH! SHUT UP!”

 

            Anna threw a fistful of flames toward his way but it ended up being a pea-sized ember because she lost all her mana when she dropped her weapon earlier.

 

            “Wow. You could’ve killed me with that”, the Crow remarks.

 

            “Who... Oh, Mister Kevlar, I am so sorry.” She apologizes as she bows. “You just called out all of a sudden, and it kind of reminded me of A’melle.”

 

            “Who?”

 

            “Never mind.”

 

            “So, why are you still up?”

 

            “I was just doing a little practice”, she says as she holds up the bow. “Gotta stay sharp, right?”

 

            “It’s half-past two in the morning though”, Kevlar retorts, sensing a lie.

 

            “Well... What about you? Why are you still up, Mister Kevlar?”

 

            “Okay, first of all, stop calling me Mister Kevlar. It makes me feel like an old man. I’m twenty-four years old, Miss...”

 

            “Anna. I’m sorry, but you’re a lot younger than I thought you’d be.”

 

            “Is it because of the beard?”

 

            “Yeah, pretty much.”

 

            “Duly noted”, he affirms. “Secondly, I am up late because I can’t sleep.”

 

            “Why?”

 

            “Because I’m an insomniac.”

 

            “Really?”

 

            “Just kidding. I’m just feeling extremely nervous.”

 

            “Of what?”

 

            “I’m about to meet someone I haven’t met in a long time, and I feel very uneasy about how I should act.”

 

            “Oh... Is it a friend?”

 

            “Well, you could put it like that”, he says as he approaches the unoccupied bow and quiver set on the lane next to Anna. After a moment of sighting, he pulls back the bowstring with the arrow and shoots, missing the target completely and hitting the wall behind it instead. “Oh, Mein Furher, that was way off.”

 

            Anna winds up her bow as well and aims down toward her target. “When was the last time you met this person?”

 

            “About a month ago.”

 

            “A month ago!?” She lets go of the string and hits the target at the outer radius.

 

            “Yes, is there-“

 

            “Then what the hell are you getting nervous about!?”

 

            “Um...”

 

            “I haven’t even heard about Credo for three years and you’re acting as giddy as a Grade School kid just because you were apart for a month!? What the hell kind of adult are you!”

 

            Ouch, she hit the bull’s-eye!

 

            “Miss Anna, I-“

 

            “Grow a pair, you f*cking man-child! You have no idea what it’s like to keep your head above water while trying not to step on a landmine! Hell, I don’t even recognize him anymore, then he suddenly comes up and confesses to me at the worst of times, and now he’s all up on this ‘protect what I have left’-idea like he’s some damn martyr! I call bullsh*t on that! Now I don’t even know how the f*ck I’m supposed to act like a supportive girlfriend when he keeps dropping melodramatic bombs on me!”

 

            Kevlar stood there silently and let Anna run her mouth. When it felt like it was safe to speak, he asks her: “Are you done?”

 

            “Oh, my... I did it again...” A hint of regression smacks her in the face. “I’m... I’m really-really-really sorry!” She bows in apology. “I didn’t mean what I said; I was just frustrated about something!”

 

            “That was a lot of frustration”, Kevlar remarks.

 

            “But I-“

 

            “Miss Anna”, he says as he winds up the bow.

 

            “Yes?”

 

            “You’re absolutely right. Perhaps I am just overthinking things.” He releases the arrow and hits the target right at the center. “Now then, how about you try again and do it properly this time?”

 

            “Okay...”

 

            She winds up the bow and... It’s a hit.

 

            “Good job.” Kevlar takes the bow and quiver from her. “Now, get some sleep. You’re all going to the Divine Library tomorrow.”

 

            “Okay. Thanks, Kev.”

 

            “Let’s just stick with Kevlar please.”

 

            “Oh, then... Thank you, Kevlar.”

 

            “You have my thanks as well. Also, a word of advice: ‘A man who’s already dead from a landmine can’t die from a nuke.’”

 

            “What?”

 

            “I’m just saying, if you’ve already done something you can’t take back, you might as well go all the way.”

 

            “Oh! I get it!”

 

            “Glad to be of help.”

 

            They part ways, Anna heading for the mansion and Kevlar heading for the shack.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            6:03 AM R.W.T.

 

            Credo’s body-clock is set for him to wake up at this hour under normal circumstances, and as he wakes from a good night’s rest, his Wood Elemental also awakens as with all men in the morning. Today, however, his Wood Elemental feels a lot livelier than usual, which may be due to the surprisingly comfortable warmth he feels on his back. Some sort of supple material clenches his left arm as he sleeps on his right side, and its softness extends towards his backside. The grey shirt he wore in his sleep was pressed behind him as if something were clutching him.

 

            Well, f*ck.

 

            Anna’s spooning him. In reaction, he hits his self-defense mechanism and spreads a layer of frost in his back.

 

            “Cold!”

 

            Anna rolls away from him and falls off the bed along with the blanket.

 

            “Anna, what the hell are you doing?”, he says, looking down on her as he sits up on the bed.

 

            “What’s wrong with wanting to cuddle? I couldn’t sleep last night so I thought-“

 

            “You thought you could sneak in here like the way Sierra did yesterday. You do realize how inappropriate that was, don’t you?”

 

            “But I’m your girlfriend! What kind of p*ssy doesn’t want to cuddle with the person he loves?”

 

            “That’s not the problem here.”

 

            “Then what is?”

 

            “Think about it. I’m a sixteen year-old who has done nothing but travel and fight Demons for the past three weeks, whereas you are someone of the opposite gender who just happens to be someone I’m in love with. Now, think about how much frustration I’m unable to release during that time.”

 

            “What...” Oh, look, she’s blushing. “What’s your point?”

 

            “My Wood Elemental has Awakened... And it has a near endless supply of mana ready to burst.”

 

            Anna stands up and heads for the door.

 

            “I’m... I’m going to go see what’s for breakfast.”

 

            As she left without another word, Lina pops out from the bedside.

 

            “You want me to suck out the mana to retain the Equilibrium of your Wood Elemental?”

 

            “I am not into that, thank you very much”, Credo politely declines.

 

            Meanwhile, in the next room...

 

            Solis just woke up from the thud when Anna fell off the bed. Feeling hungry, he gets off the bed and flicks Tenenbaum’s antenna as the cat slept on the window sill overlooking the back of the mansion.

 

            “Tenen, time to wake up. I’m hungry.”

 

            “Go bother someone else”, she protests while pushing his hand away with her paws. “I’m trying to sleep here. Why don’t you go socialize with other people, like that new twin sister of yours?”

 

            “Yeah... I’d rather not...” He shudders to think about her kiss from last night.

 

            A sudden knock on his door catches the Slayer’s attention. He goes over to open it to find Mea leaning over.

 

            “Hey, Solis. You got a minute?”

 

            Mea leans in toward him while clasping the door handle.

 

            “Eve...” He actually called her name right this time, but he still can’t seem to keep a straight face when he meets her eyes. “Is there something wrong?”

 

            “Well, someone wants to talk to you...”

 

            She opens the door completely to reveal the empty section of the hallway outside Solis’ room.

 

            “Um... Is this person... invisible or something?”

 

            Yes, she is. Maria’s mini Mirage Field slowly faded as she hopped off her partner’s shoulder, revealing, Naiya, the bashful young girl backed up against the wall. A small yelp escaped her lips when she saw herself fully visible.

 

            Kukuku... This will be amusing”, Mea whispers to herself.

 

            “Oh, it’s you... You wanted to talk to me, Naiya?”

 

            He felt the need to be the one to approach first since his responsible-brother-senses are tingling, so he harmlessly walks toward his sister feeling as though he needs to console her. His senses betrayed him. She didn’t seem to want to be consoled. If anything, it seems she was trying to get away from him as if he were a rapist.

 

            Kuya! I... um...” She mumbles as she backs up on the wall.

 

            “Did I... do something?” Solis backs off, sensing her alarm.

 

            “No! You did not do anything wrong! I... It’s my fault!” She reluctantly stands straight and walks a few paces toward him. “Please don’t be mad but... I would like to retract my statement about bearing your child!”

 

            “What- This again?”

 

            “I’m really sorry, but I don’t think I am mentally prepared for intercourse!”

 

            “It’s... erm... I don’t think I want to do any form of intercourse too, so... it’s all good... I guess.”

 

            “Really?”

 

            “Yeah, I mean, you’re my sister, right? I wouldn’t want that kind of experience for you. And above all, that kind of thing is sacred. You should save it for after marriage.” Solis spoke his mind with every ounce of sensibility his immature mind could muster.

 

            “Thank you! I love you, kuya!”

 

            She leaps onto him and hugs him.

 

            “Um... Yeah, I love you too, Naiya”, he awkwardly hugs her back.

 

            “I promise we’ll do it after we’re married!”

 

            “Yeah... Wait, what!?”

 

            While this was going on, Mea couldn’t help but snicker as she watched the scene unfold.

 

            Would you like to know how she did it, dear reader?

 

            Of course you do!

 

            Okay, so remember last night when Mea took Naiya with her? That girl took her to a secluded place and showed her something incredible: Aki-Sora Chapter 15 from the 3rd Volume. As sure as the writer is a virgin, that damn incestuous story was really f*cked-up. Fortunately, it was enough to persuade Naiya to give up on her little plan. The poor girl got traumatized, but it had to be done lest worse things are ‘conceived’.

 

            From another point of view, the door to the master bedroom was open, and our adorable tsun-tsun Wind Elemental was watching from behind with her eyes bursting with a fury stronger than the intensity of typhoon Yolanda, but not as much as the plunder of rehabilitation budget thereafter.

 

            Why is Naiya clinging to him like that? There’s no way someone as weird as her could be his sister! Besides, if anyone is going to f*ck Solis, it’s me! His d*ck shall belong to me!

 

            These weren’t exactly her thoughts. It was just Therese whispering lewd things to her from behind.

 

            “Stop poisoning my thoughts, Therese!” She strikes her older sister with her elbow toward her midsection.

 

            Therese clutches her stomach from the pain but somehow she’s able to give a rebuttal.

 

            You’re... You’re still not potent enough to tell him your true feelings... Eve just about has him on a string... *cough*...” Oh, Mein Furher! She just coughed up a mouthful of blood! “...And that little sister of his can get away with... *cough*... anything... The way you’re acting right now... At this rate, he’ll never ever look your way!

 

            “NOOOOOO!”

 

            And... She Awakened... Wow, she’s floating. It’s like a small tornado is forming about where she’s levitating... but it only lasted a few seconds because her magic dagger wasn’t with her. Come to think of it, I think she left it with Lanette.

 

            Hehehe... Pathetic...

 

            “I’LL SHOW YOU PATHETIC!”

 

            Sierra is balling her fists!

 

            You always do!

 

            Therese used Clever Rebuttal! It’s super effective! Sierra has been paralyzed!

 

            Before this shenanigans carries on, in more ways than one, Anna came back upstairs and called out to everyone.

 

            “Um... Guys, Sheldon and Kevlar said to meet up downstairs.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            The Elementals were led downstairs and into the lving room. The two gentlemen were seated on either side of the middle couch, while between them sits a girl with a black tank top and a pair of trousers coupled with her boots. She had this astounding look in her eyes that makes me feel like I’m looking at some sort of badass college professor or something, especially the way she sits with her legs crossed yet with her posture straightened. It’s like she’s looking right through every single one of them as they entered the room with an unchanging expression. Her name is Violet, the same girl the writer kept pressing me to foreshadow, the Emu assigned to defend them since three years ago after the battle at Origami Canyon. All of them stood in a row in front of the Avians, however, as you can’t see, Yvaine was not with them, mainly because she was still asleep.

 

            “I thought you said they were complete”, Violet questions as she eyes through them.

 

            Even Mea was intimidated by the way she was scanning them, but Anna was able to speak since she was the one given the orders.

 

            “Um... Yvaine wouldn’t open her door and threatened to shoot me if I knocked one more time so...”

 

            Violet sighs as she rubs her temple in disappointment. “Why do I have to handle these kids?”

 

            “Because you’re good with them”, Kevlar answers with a reassuring tone.

 

            “Because kids piss you off, and Kevlar thinks you’re beautiful when you’re pissed off”, Sheldon gives a slightly less reassuring answer.

 

            “I never said that”, Kevlar retorts.

 

            “Whatever. I’ll handle this”, she says while rising from her seat.

 

            “Hey, we talked about this.” Kevlar stands up and puts a hand on her shoulder. “This isn’t recruit training. These are just kids who have something we need for an operation.”

 

            “Really? If you ask me, I’ve never seen soldiers better fitted for slaying Demons in my life, now that I look at them for real.”

 

            “Yeah, I know. I read the files, but that’s not the plan Violet.”

 

            “Then what do you expect me to do?”

 

            “Nothing. Let me do it for now.”

 

            “...Suit yourself”, Violet prompts as she sits back down.

 

            “Alright, which one of you are friends with Yvaine?”

 

            Naiya raises her hand.

 

            “Can you make her come downstairs?”

 

            “I will try asking nicely”, she replies. “If she does not comply, I will try other methods.”

 

            “Very good.”

 

            Naiya exits the room and heads upstairs.

 

            “Now, as for the rest of you-“

 

            A door slamming open can be heard upstairs, followed by the angry protests of the Lightning Elemental.

 

            “Hey! What the hell are you- Put me down, Naiya! I’m serious! Kat, help me out here!”

 

            “No can do. This bed is more comfortable without you in it.”

 

            After a few moments of cusses and empty threats, Naiya was able to bring her down.

 

            “I have returned”, Naiya announces as she re-enters the room.

 

            It looks as if she’s lifting up Yvaine with telekenisis as the captured girl struggles against the strange force holding her up. She wasn’t wearing her coat, so it makes her feel helpless and exposed as she’s carried to the living room.

 

            “NAIYA! I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL- Ow!”

 

            Naiya dropped her.

 

            “Good job, Miss Naiya”, Kevlar acknowledges.

 

            “Thank you.”

 

            “Alright”, Yvaine says as she gets back on her feet. “Now that you got me here, do you freaks expect me to-“

 

            Her words were cut short when Violet gets back up and strides toward her. Kevlar couldn’t stop her this time. The tall girl that had the same skin color as her inspected her closely from head to toe. Yvaine found herself frightened the way she was caught off guard by this strange woman, and in an attempt to keep up with her bravado, she mumbles a question, barely holding on eye contact.

 

            “The hell are you looking at..?”

 

            It didn’t sound as threatening as she thought it would be, but Violet answered her anyway.

 

            “Oh, nothing really. All I see is a frightened little girl.”

 

            It sends shivers down her spine when Violet answered with such an innocent tone and a smile on her face, making a mockery of her.

 

            “...I’m sorry...”

 

            “Well, as long as you understand. Just remember, a lot of people died to keep you alive. Good people who wasted their lives for you. The least you could do is cooperate. I swear, if your father-“

 

            “Violet!” Kevlar raises his voice.

 

            “That’s a little too much, even for you, Vi”, Sheldon remarks.

 

            “I get it”, Violet complies as she sits back down. She stares back at the row of Elementals in front of her, obviously scared and shook by her demonstration. Either way, she clears her throat and gets with the matter at hand.

 

            “Listen up, you eight. I’ll be the one taking you all to The Divine Library. Bring your cats with you and prepare yourselves for a trip to space. We’re going to be exiting the atmosphere of the Known Regions, and I’ll be giving you instructions as we go along the trip. Our means of transportation will be provided by me and my colleagues. Before I go on, raise your hand if you don’t have a weapon that matches your Affinity.”

 

            No one raises his hand.

 

            “Outstanding. Now, I assume all of you know how to use your powers by now, but do all of you know how to use the Awakening skill?”

 

            They all nod their head.

 

            “Speak!”

 

            ““““““““Yes!””””””””

 

            “Alright. Pack up all your weapons and gear, and don’t forget to bring your Anima. [3]We leave immediately.”

 

            [3]What about breakfast?” Sheldon asks.

 

            [3]We leave in forty-five minutes.”

 

            “Right on”, Sheldon comments.

 

            “You two already had breakfast! Get up your butts and do your jobs!”

 

            “Yes, Ma’am!” Sheldon salutes.

 

            “We’ll be going now, Violet.” Kevlar stands up. “I’m sorry I couldn’t get you that gold crucifix.”

 

            “It’s alright, Kev. I know how expensive it is.”

 

            “I promise I’ll get you something good next time”, Kevlar says as he heads for the door with Sheldon.

 

            “Wait”, Violet calls to him, so he pauses with his hand on the door.

 

            “What’s up-“

 

            Oh... Oh, Lord! That is one deep kiss! That’s an adult kiss right there!

 

            “You forgot the insurance for your promise”, she says as their lips part.

 

            “Uh... Thanks... I guess...”

 

            Kevlar was dumb founded while Sheldon was like...

 

            (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

 

            “Now go out there and finish the job.”

 

            “Right... Bye, Violet.”

 

            The two gentlemen exit the mansion.

 

            “Well, what are you all looking at!? Breakfast is in the kitchen! Go! Go! Go!”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            7:20 AM R.W.T.

 

            After meeting again last night, Crisostomo and Elias decided to take their companions to stay at the same inn. The macromage noticed that Maise and Lanette seem to get along very well, and as a caring brother, he felt relieved to see his sister socializing with someone other than himself. The room they were staying at was the cheaper one that Mea rented, but it’s not as packed as it was anymore.

 

            Earlier, Solis came in and gave them a brief explanation of the situation, but before they could get a chance to understand, he ran off back to the mansion... Well, he had to come back again to take Sierra’s dagger from Lanette, but he was in such a rush that they couldn’t even talk. He’s really terrified of what Violet might do if he’s late. From what the Slayer said, it appears they’re going somewhere called The Divine Library using a special vehicle provided by the female companion of the two gentlemen.

 

            “So, what do you think about those... Elementals?”, Crisostomo asks as he and Elias sit on chairs next to the door.

 

            “Nothing much. I feel like they’re main characters to a poorly written Visual Novel. I bet they all have tragic backstories once you get to know them. Except for Therese. That girl is a genius who knows how to play like an idiot.”

 

            “Hmm...” A smug look forms in Crisostomo’s face. “You into her? I mean, I don’t know what she looks like, but if you mention her like that...”

 

            “No. And even if I were, I’d never try to get close.”

 

            “Why’s that?”

 

            “That girl is too much trouble for me.”

 

            “How so?”

 

            “She reminds me of Violet, and girls like Violet are bad news, my friend.”

 

            “Heh... Well, I’ve been assigned to accompany Naiya. That girl is so sweet. I wish I could have someone like that, you know?”

 

            “Which one is she?”

 

            “The small blonde, and apparently Solis’ sister.”

 

            “Oh. But still, those kids sure have a lot on their plate. It makes me want to join the war. I’ve been thinking about this a lot, actually-“

 

            “No!” Maise exclaims. “You are NOT joining the war!”

 

            On the bed, his sister was lying on her stomach while Lanette sat on her back and massaged her shoulders.

 

            “That’s not your decision to make, Maise”, he retorts.

 

            “But I don’t wanna go to the Garrison; I wanna go back home!”

 

            “Which is why I’m not taking you with me.”

 

            “Hah? You can’t even cook anything without using ketchup! Do you really think you’ll last long when I’m not with you?”

 

            “Maise”, Lanette interjects. “I think your brother is only worried about you.”

 

            “Yeah, you tell her, Lanette”, Elias encourages. “Hey, you’re a maid for hire, aren’t you? How about taking care of Maise for me while I’m away?”

 

            “What... Are you sure you’re okay with hiring me? I don’t have any papers.”

 

            “Of course, I am. That is, if you’re willing to wait for me to collect my wages.”

 

            “Really? That would help me very much! I will take you up on your offer.”

 

            “Wait, Eli! Don’t I get a say in this?”, Maise protests.

 

            “No. I don’t want to put my little sister in harm’s way.”

 

            “No? Why!? I demand to know-“

 

            “Alright, Lanette. Let’s have a demo. How would you handle my little sister’s rebellious attitude?”

 

            “Um...” Lanette thinks for a moment and snaps her finger when she gets an idea. “I suppose operant conditioning using reinforcement and punishment.”

 

            “Okay, but what are you gonna do? I’m not giving you permission to spank my sister until you have enough experience with her.”

 

            “Then...”

 

            Lanette stands and turns all the way around so that she faces towards Maise’s legs.

 

            “Hold it. What are you doing? I’m still not letting Eli-“

 

            “This is punishment.”

 

            Lanette skitters her fingers on the girl’s soles.

 

            “Nya! Hahahahaha! Stop! I’m sorry!”

 

            “This is reinforcement.”

 

            She stops and massages Maise’s legs and feet instead.

 

            “Wow”, Elias remarks.

 

            “Do I pass?”

 

            “You’re hired!”

 

            “I’m looking forward to your orders.”

 

            Lanette stands on the bed, faces Elias, and bows humbly.

 

            “Likewise”, Elias replies.

 

            The newly hired maid continues to massage Maise. Crisostomo, however, feels a certain spark in him that seems to have ignited within Elias as well, so he asks him....

 

            “Hey”, he whispers. “That was sort of...”

 

            “I know”, Elias whispers back. “Surprisingly, it was sort of arousing.”

 

            While this was all going on, Sticky remained asleep on the bed next to Maise.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            Outside of Bania is a huge swamp littered with reeds and murk. The ground was mostly wet, and the grey clouds overshadowing the area made the place all the gloomier. The Elementals were treading through the inner parts of the swamp as they are led by Violet. Their cats refused to walk as their paws would sometimes sink through the ground, but their complaints were minimized after they found out how scary their guide is from their partners. Now, they’re all in each of their partner’s shoulder as they move deeper into the swamp.

 

            “We’re here.” Violet stops in front of them and they instinctively line up in a row. “First things first.” The Emu took out a small, 2” x 3” (5.08cm x 7.62cm) digital camera from her pocket. “This is for documentation. I don’t care what kind of expression you have as long as I have a clear shot of your faces.

 

            “Ready... One... Two... Three...”

 

            The camera flashes as she pressed the button and a digital projection can be seen on the screen.

 

            Solis was smiling nervously with his hands in his pockets.

 

            Mea was holding up a peace sign.

 

            Credo was loosening his scarf.

 

            Anna was keeping her hands clasped.

 

            Therese was adjusting her glasses.

 

            Sierra was fixing her ribbon.

 

            Yvaine was flipping the bird with her hands behind her back.

 

            Naiya was staring intently at the lens.

 

            “Good to go.”

 

            Violet takes something else from her pocket with her free hand. A purple key.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

References:

1. Ecchi manga/anime series about zombies written by Daisuke Sato and illustrated by Shoji Sato

2. Quoted by Jacksepticeye

3. Quoted by Le Frog from the Dreamworks animated movie 'Flushed Away', directed by David Bowers and Sam Fell



© 2016 Oran


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed this chapter as a whole. However, calling it a retard units is a bit of a dark spot on this well made chapter. It did not offend me since I use meter most of the time. I know its a joke but such thing can lower your chapter's rating.

I enjoy the Sexual Innuendos though.

"her back and massaged her shoulders." not sure if my correction is right or wrong but I think it should be "Massaging"



Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
1 Review
Added on August 8, 2016
Last Updated on August 8, 2016

Equilibrium


Author

Oran
Oran

Somewhere in the Philippines, My house, Philippines



About
I write stuff. - -Stop scrolling! You'll get lewd if you keep scrolling! Are you sure you want to keep on reading this? Okay, if you insist on knowing, I am from the deep and disgusti.. more..

Writing
Steel is Yielding Steel is Yielding

A Story by Oran


Afterglow Afterglow

A Story by Oran


lwo3ynq5f lwo3ynq5f

A Story by Oran