Chapter LIV: Shear Force and Bending Moment

Chapter LIV: Shear Force and Bending Moment

A Chapter by Oran

SHEAR FORCE AND BENDING MOMENT

 

Persons in the Play

 

SOLIS                   TENENBAUM

MEA                     LUX

CREDO                   LINA

ANNA                    RYLAI

SIERRA                  CHARLOTTE

THERESE                 CISQUA

YVAINE                  KAT

NAIYA                   MARIA

VIOLET (Instructor)

 

SCENE: The stage has eight chairs lined up in a row facing a single chair at the opposite corner. SOLIS, MEA, CREDO, ANNA, SIERRA, THERESE, YVAINE, and NAIYA are seated from left to right in this order from the audience’s point of view whereas VIOLET is seated on the single chair. The background has a view of outer space from the window of the ship and a few aluminum plates plastered around the large window.

 

VIOLET: As of now, you are all under my authority. I would like to remind all of you that none of you are expendable, and it’s my main objective to retrieve the key without any casualties. Before we begin briefing, however, I would like to know a few things about who I’m working with. Let’s start with the generic blonde white boy who looks a lot like Sora. [Gestures at Solis]

 

SOLIS: Me?

 

VIOLET: Yeah, you. When was the last time you masturbated?

 

MAIN CHARACTERS (Except Naiya): What!?

 

VIOLET: [Serious tone] You heard me.

 

SOLIS: But I...

 

MEA: Hey! That’s completely inappropriate!

 

VIOLET: [Ignoring Mea] Am I to assume that you’ve never done it before?

 

MEA: Are you listening to me? He’s not-

 

VIOLET: Well, come on, kid. When was the last time you spanked your monkey?

 

SOLIS: Tenenbaum, help me out here!

 

TENENBAUM: Don’t drag me into this!

 

ANNA: [Raising her hand] Excuse me, is that supposed to be a reference from Sigmund Freud?

 

SOLIS: Who’s Sigmund Freud?

 

VIOLET: You know your stuff, Miss Anna. I guess that homeschooling of yours paid off.

 

ANNA: Um... Thank you, but, how did you know I was homeschooled?

 

VIOLET: [Ignoring Anna] Well, since somebody here already knows what I’m on about, I’ll drop my question, for now.

 

SOLIS: [Sighs in relief and whispers] That was close...

 

VIOLET: For now, you’ll be introducing yourselves one by one and discuss how you got here and what you were up to before starting to gather. [Gestures at Solis] Solis, please begin.

 

SOLIS: [Stands awkwardly] Um... I’m a Slayer for the Hunting Guild and during one of my jobs to hunt a Volaris, a swarm of those... things attacked me. I probably would’ve died there if Me- I mean, Eve hadn’t been there. She told me stuff about my powers and how my Elemetn- [Tries to word it properly] " Elemne... Elm... Elemental Affinity didn’t match my weapon. I’ve been following her lead since then, I guess.

 

VIOLET: I see. You used to live in a shack near Redwood Forest, right?

 

SOLIS: [Nods in agreement] Wait... How did you know I-

 

VIOLET: I know a lot of things, kid.

 

TENENBAUM: [Whispers to Lux] Maybe she’s a psychic or something.

 

LUX: [Whispers] I don’t think whispering to each other is going to help.

 

TENENBAUM: [Whispers] Why?

 

LUX: [Whispers] Because if what you say is true, then she can read our minds!

 

TENENBAUM: [Whispers] Oh, okay. I’ll be quiet now. [Hops on Solis’ head and takes a nap]

 

VIOLET: Next, you. [Gestures at Mea as Solis sits down]

 

MEA: [Stands up] I ran away from home and decided to fulfil Binomial Nomenclature. Lux seems to have the ability to detect Demons and Elementals so I used her as a tracking device.

 

VIOLET: That’s it?

 

MEA: What do you mean?

 

VIOLET: You ran away and decided to make the book come true?

 

MEA: Yes. I didn’t like my home at Ryuu-kishi so I ran away. The only thing I could think of to do was try to finish the book that foretold our destiny.

 

VIOLET: How did you know about this book?

 

MEA: It’s pretty famous, you know. Also, my foster parents know about my powers and so they explained it to me.

 

VIOLET: [Amused] Wow, you really know how to lie, don’t you, Tearju Assassin?

 

MEA: [Feigning ignorance] Tearju Assassin?

 

VIOLET: Yes. You’ve probably heard about them, haven’t you? That symbol on your chest says you’re one of them.

 

MEA: [Clicks her tongue] I... I’m sorry for lying.

 

VIOLET: [Giggles] You remind me of someone; so serious yet so naive... [Clears throat] Look, I understand that it’s a secret you have to keep, but that symbol is already identified throughout Draconia. Anyone could tell. So, why don’t you tell me what really happened?

 

MEA: [Takes a deep breath] I was disavowed after failing horribly in my first assignment so I went out to live in exile in The Upper Kingdom. After hearing stories about the book, I decided I’d be the one to find all the keys, and luckily Lux was able to find Solis.

 

VIOLET: You’re telling me that you’re no longer one of the Tearju.

 

MEA: [Shakes her head] No.

 

VIOLET: Then why are you wearing that uniform?

 

MEA: It’s my foster sisters’. They wouldn’t let me keep it so I stole away before they could take it from me.

 

VIOLET: Alright, then. Last question: After you’ve gathered everyone, what was your next step? You were planning on forming the key, correct?

 

MEA: Yes. I never really had a plan, but since word of our existence was spreading across the Regions, I thought there would be at least someone who might want to offer assistance to this “world’s only hope”. And now, here we are.

 

VIOLET: [Nods her head] No further questions. Next, please. [Gestures at Credo as Mea sits down] Ah, the guy who killed the Impaler. ‘Antidisestablishmentarianism’, was it?

 

CREDO: [Stands up] Yes. I don’t really know where it came from, though.

 

VIOLET: Neither do I. Please proceed.

 

CREDO: So... I’m from a small village at the edge of Sauniere’. Demons sacked the place when I was thirteen and that’s when I started doing jobs in Demon Hunting.

 

VIOLET: You were thirteen and you were doing this alone?

 

CREDO: Yes.

 

LINA: Hey! I was with you the whole time you ungrateful-

 

CREDO: Except for Lina.

 

VIOLET: How’d you end up with the others?

 

CREDO: Solis and Eve found me. I was out hunting Buhangin and I had them help me out.

 

VIOLET: Okay. Last question: For the record, have you ever engaged in fornication? If so, who-

 

CREDO: [Growing slightly pale] NO! HELL, NO!

 

VIOLET: I see. I thought for sure you’d already have experience.

 

MEA/THERESE: So did I.

 

CREDO: Just because I get along with a lot of women doesn’t mean I’d do something as stupid as that! I... [Looks at Anna]

 

ANNA: [Blushes] Wh-What the hell are you looking at!?

 

CREDO: I swear, you’re the only one I’ll-

 

ANNA: AAAAAHHH! [Throws Rylai at his face]

 

RYLAI: [Collides with Credo’s face] Owie!

 

CREDO: [Puts down Rylai] What!?

 

ANNA: That’s not something you talk about in front of everyone, you dunce-

 

VIOLET: That’s enough. Credo, sit down. [Credo sits down] It’s your turn, princess.

 

ANNA: [Stands up as she clears her throat] I’m from Xenovia. My foster father had me home-schooled with the same curriculum of formal education and had me trained with archery. I was just studying and training everyday, actually, for the past three years. The three of them found me next and I went along with them.

 

VIOLET: Am I to assume that this is where your relationship with Mister Credo started develop?

 

ANNA: What? I thought you were asking about how we got here!?

 

VIOLET: My question is still related to the topic.

 

RYLAI: Their relationship didn’t start there! [Hops around excitedly] They were childhood friends and Anna was so into him that-

 

ANNA: SHUT UP! [Throws her slipper at Rylai]

 

RYLAI: Not this time! [Dodges the projectile] She has his name written all over the back of her diary! She has a picture of him under her pillow! And don’t even get me started about what she did to that Venus Djinn plushie you gave her!

 

ANNA: [Thinking to herself] Plushie? What is she talking about? Does she mean...

 

CREDO: That stuffed toy I won at the Christmas festival?

 

RYLAI: Exactly! She-

 

ANNA: [Takes off her nylon gauntlet and gags Rylai with it, furiously] THAT’S ENOUGH OUT OF YOU!

 

CREDO: Whoa! What’s wrong?

 

ANNA: [Smiles creepily] You don’t need to know, Credo.

 

CREDO: R-Right then...

 

VIOLET: So you two knew each other before gathering?

 

ANNA: Yes. We used to be playmates as kids.

 

VIOLET: I see. As long as your romantic relationship doesn’t jeopardize this operation, I’ll approve of it.

 

ANNA: T-Thanks... I guess...

 

VIOLET: Next. [Gestures at Sierra as Anna sits down]

 

SIERRA: [Stands up]

 

VIOLET: What’s your name?

 

SIERRA: It’s Sierra.

 

VIOLET: Okay... [Gestures at Therese] Stand up too, twin sister.

 

THERESE: [Stands up]

 

VIOLET: You’re Therese?

 

THERESE: Yes.

 

VIOLET: There’s something I’ve been wondering about you two... Why the hell were you two living in Origami Canyon? You know there’s a Demon living there, right? How’d you two get by?

 

SIERRA: [Looks at Therese with a hint of trouble]

 

THERESE: [Sighs] I’m sorry. I can’t tell you that. Let’s just say my- our mom left something behind for us.

 

VIOLET: I understand. Let me ask a different question: Do you know someone named Sakamoto Rika?

 

THERESE: [Irritated] How do you know that name?

 

VIOLET: I’m the one asking questions here.

 

THERESE: ...She’s our foster mother.

 

VIOLET: I see. According to the reports I’ve heard in Draconia, she went rogue against the government and disappeared. It seems she had a breakthrough on her research in portals but she refused to share it with her employers.

 

THERESE: I... didn’t know that.

 

SIERRA: Me neither.

 

VIOLET: It’s alright. She was my friend, you know? So, how’s she doing, by the way?

 

THERESE: Oh... She’s...

 

SIERRA: She passed away three years ago.

 

VIOLET: [Taken aback by Sierra’s statement] I... I’m so sorry. I didn’t know I’d brought up such a morbid subject. You can sit down now, Therese.

 

THERESE: [Sits down]

 

VIOLET: I apologize about suddenly shifting the mood. Let’s continue. If you will, Sierra.

 

SIERRA: I’m also a Slayer for the Hunting Guild. Most of the time I just hunt stuff for credit, and... [Blushes] sometimes I like to write poems.

 

VIOLET: A poet, huh? What kind of poems do you write?

 

THERESE/CISQUA/CHARLOTTE: [Looks at Sierra mischievously] Yeah, what kind of poems, Sierra?

 

SIERRA: It’s um... About nature... I guess?

 

THERESE: Huh? You sure it’s not poems about a certain ‘someone’?

 

SIERRA: Wha- How the did you-

 

THERESE: Sierra, we’re roommates. I found a few scraps of paper while I was cleaning out the living room and I just happened to find one entitled ‘The Youngest Sun God’. [Speaks with a smug look on her face] I wonder who that poem was referring-

 

VIOLET: Therese?

 

THERESE: ...Yes?

 

VIOLET: Shut the hell up. You’ll get your turn to speak later, okay?

 

THERESE: [Overwhelmed by a sense of regret]

 

VIOLET: Are we clear?

 

THERSE: Yes, Ma’am!

 

VIOLET: Sierra, please continue.

 

SIERRA: Right... Well, after I finished hunting a few Remobras at Wintermaul, I went back home to find an airship losing altitude toward the canyon. As it was falling, I saw someone tied to the ship with a length of chains fighting off Hollow Drakes that were swarming the ship.

 

SOLIS: ‘Hollow Drakes’?

 

SIERRA: Yeah, those things that look like Remobras. Since I discovered them, the Guild let me be the one to name it.

 

SOLIS: [Eyes sparkling] Really? That’s amazing! I did not know about that!

 

SIERRA: [Continues as she feels somewhat drawn to Solis’ excitement] Anyway, as I looked through my scope, I found Solis was the one fending them off, but then I think I saw Credo calling him back as Nigrum was headed for the ship.

 

SOLIS: You named that big fat dragon too!?

 

SIERRA: Yes, I did. So... When they were about to head back inside, Credo got bit by one of the Drakes. By then, Nigrum collided with the ship and Credo fell off as the ship toppled over. When the ship was out of sight, I opted to head home but the commotion must have stirred up the other monsters in the forest so I had to stay hidden for a while. I met up with Solis and the others when I found them lost in the forest too.

 

VIOLET: Good. No more questions for you. Next please. [Gestures at Therese as Sierra sits down]

 

THERSE: [Stands up] I’m a scientist like my mom, and since I’m an Earth Elemental, I have a certain fascination for precious stones and such. I’ve collected a lot of different types of rocks that are still under the effects of Cataclysm, some of which have useful applications. [Raises her hand and shows the ring on her pinkie] This one’s my Elemental weapon, and it can transform into any solid, although I was only able to program a few weapon types. I call it Capernaum.

 

VIOLET: Interesting. How’d you know the material matches your Affinity?

 

THERESE: The material itself was exposed to the same element as Earth Elementals and I just kind of made it work using mom’s technology.

 

VIOLET: How’d you meet up with the others?

 

THERESE: Well, before that, I started a few rumors in settlements close to Origami Canyon and the word just sort of spread. I don’t really know if that’s how they found me and Sierra.

 

CREDO: Actually, I got a tip from a friend saying there are two Elementals in Origami Canyon. That’s the reason why we were headed there in the first place.

 

THERESE: Wow, really? I didn’t think it would actually work. Who would have known you’d crash-land near my home on purpose; not to mention, having me ‘nurse’ you for a bit? [Winks at Credo]

 

CREDO: Let’s not cause anymore misunderstandings... Wait, did you do something to me while I was passed out?

 

THERESE: [Acting bashfully] Maybe I did ‘something’~~

 

CISQUA: By ‘something’, you mean ‘sit there and stare at him for ten minutes’, right? It was like your first time to ever be alone in a room with a guy so all you did was admire his pecs as you took off his clothes.

 

THERESE: [Unamused] Who’s side are you on? I was trying to get a reaction from-

 

ANNA: [Grabs Credo by the cheek and holds his face to her breast] MINE!

 

CREDO: Mmmph! [Frees himself from her grip] Anna, I don’t-

 

ANNA: [Grabs him by the collar and kisses him]

 

EVERYONE ELSE: [Groans nauseously]

 

CREDO: [Breaks off the kiss] Damn it, Anna! Was that really necessary?

 

ANNA: What? You’re my boyfriend, right? I’ll make out with you wherever the hell I want!

 

CREDO: Oh, my God! Where is this coming from? Earlier you were so bashful when I mentioned about-

 

ANNA: Kissing and f*cking are two different things! I have to be assertive, okay! I don’t want to lose you to this... [Looks at Therese with eyes filled with scorn]

 

THERESE: [Sticks out her tongue]

 

ANNA: [Springs up from her chair with flames in each hand] THAT DOES IT!

 

CREDO: Anna, stop. [Pulls her back to her seat]

 

ANNA: NO-

 

VIOLET: Sit down, Anna.

 

ANNA: ...Fine. [Settles back down]

 

THERESE: Okay... Maybe I took it a little too far. I’m sorry-

 

ANNA: Yeah, you better be!

 

THERESE: [Adjusts her glasses] Well, after Credo told me he was from that aircraft that crash-landed near Echidna’s domain, he kept going on about the passengers so I took it upon myself to look for them at the crash site. When I got there, I met up with Eli, the engineer of the ship, and Maise, his sister. It seems the others decided to explore and met up with Sierra. Meanwhile, a few Dread Petals started spawning so I had to buy Eli some time so he could fix the ship.

 

VIOLET: Fix the ship? Alone? Is he a... macromage?

 

THERESE: Yes.

 

VIOLET: [Nods in amusement] No further questions.

 

THERSE: What? Really?

 

VIOLET: Yes.

 

THERESE: Okay... [Sits down]

 

VIOLET: Yvaine. [Gestures at Yvaine]

 

YVAINE: [Stands up] I’m part of a business that supplies itself with money and/or products to be distributed to the community through an ingenious way of procurement. My division is in charge of logistics, specifically methods of transport.

 

VIOLET: In other words, you’re from the Thieves’ Guild and you’re in charge of stealing sh*t, right?

 

YVAINE: Hey, don’t you judge me! You don’t know what I’ve been through.

 

VIOLET; Oh, but I do. You were raised by Dire but he died due to an overdose of stim packs. When he was gone, you roamed the streets and started stealing food from the local farmer’s market. Eventually you joined the Thieves’ Guild and rose up the ranks, but all of that changed when your father... Oh, dear. It seems I’ve answered my own question. Why don’t you continue from where I left off?

 

YVAINE: You... You did that on purpose...

 

VIOLET: Did I, now? [Smiles in amusement]

 

YVAINE: Look, if you already know about me, then why bother asking?

 

VIOLET: I never heard it from the daughter’s point of view.

 

YVAINE: Daughter, you say?

 

VIOLET: Yeah. Your father was a good man, Yvaine. He’s just a bit too anxious about paying his debts.

 

YVAINE: I don’t have a father, just some guy who forgot to wear protection and ended up spawning me from the womb of some b*tch he f*cked.

 

VIOLET: That’s not how he thinks of you, though.

 

YVAINE: Don’t give me that bullsh*t. It makes me sick to think you gathered all these freaks here along with me. My goal here is to get the key and be done with it.

 

ANNA: [Frowns after being slightly offended]

 

VIOLET: Hmmm... I’m surprised you’re willing to cooperate despite your father’s sentiment towards the situation.

 

YVAINE: Well, I owe her for saving my life. [Points at Naiya]

 

VIOLET: Please elaborate.

 

YVAINE: I was headed for a town south of Berial Magus. I should’ve known the place had already been infested with Demons. Let’s just say I was in a tight spot and I couldn’t have made it alive out there without her.

 

VIOLET: And that’s why you decided to join the gathering?

 

YVAINE: Yeah. Whatever the hell this is, I want nothing to do with it after the key. That’s all you need us for, right?

 

VIOLET: Yes, but we’ll get to that later.

 

YVAINE: Good. [Sits down]

 

VIOLET: Who told you could sit down?

 

YVAINE: [Stands up nervously] S-Sorry.

 

VIOLET: No more further questions. You may sit.

 

YVAINE: [Unamused] What is wrong with you? [Sits down]

 

VIOLET: Next.

 

NAIYA: [Stands up]

 

VIOLET: Go ahead, Miss Naiya.

 

NAIYA: Pardon me, but... I don’t really want to recall what happened to me in the past. [Speaks in a faint voice] It makes me feel unpleasant thinking about it.

 

VIOLET: Well, that would be unfair to your friends here, wouldn’t it?

 

NAIYA: It’s not my intention to play unfair, it’s just...

 

VIOLET: Just speak.

 

MARIA: Hey, don’t force her! You can’t even begin to imagine what-

 

NAIYA: Maria. It’s okay. [Takes a deep breath and speaks] For the past three years I was imprisoned by Demons. I used to live in Fortuna’s Citadel when the town Apothecary was asked to create a potion that brought the dead back to life, but it only brought upon a plague when he tested it for the first time.

 

SOLIS: [Whispers to Mea] Fortuna’s Citadel? That place where we took Grace?

 

MEA: [Whispers to Solis] Yeah. That must’ve been what happened to the people.

 

NAIYA: When we were about to evacuate, a few Demons took me away while the rest of them were... killed. It seems they were behind the Apothecary’s failed creation. After transporting me through the Plaguelands and into their palace, they locked me up in a cage, but I don’t recall them ever hurting me, just empty threats about my life. It was as if they were trying to isolate me from... something, although I haven’t the slightest clue why they kept me alive for so long. They let me eat, sleep, and bathe every day. They even gave me a small collection of books so that I’d have something to spend time on. I was afraid of them, so I never asked why they did such things. The only one I could talk to was Maria.

 

VIOLET: They didn’t do anything to you?

 

NAIYA; No. Perhaps they needed me alive, but I see no reason why they treated me with no hostility whatsoever.

 

VIOLET: How’d you get out?

 

NAIYA: [Summons a book from her orb]

 

VIOLET: [Reads book cover] “Harem Kings”?

 

NAIYA: That’s just the cover title. The text contained within the book is the original publication of Ryan Perez on Binomial Nomenclature. The version that survived the “Elemental Incident” was already translated. [Flips the book over and takes a sheet of paper from the back page] It’s all in here. [Hands it over to Violet]

 

VIOLET: [Takes sheet of paper and reads it]

 

NAIYA: [Looks back at the book and notices another sheet of paper] Oh... dear.

 

VIOLET: Naiya, are you trying to imply something regarding the repopulation of the Elemental race? If so, the methods described here are quite-

 

NAIYA: Please pay no mind to that! [Takes the sheet of paper and rips it up]

 

VIOLET: Why did you write such a thing?

 

NAIYA: I retract everything stated in that paper! [Takes the other sheet of paper from the book and hands it over] Please, read this one! There are more pressing subjects within this one!

 

VIOLET: Alright then. I’ll overlook this subject for now. [Takes the sheet and reads it]

 

NAIYA: Um... That letter is supposed to be from my... [Looks at Solis] Our father, kuya.

 

SOLIS: You... You mean you’ve met our father?

 

NAIYA: No, and from the context of the letter, I had presumed he’d already passed away.

 

SOLIS: Hah? What does the letter say, anyway?

 

VIOLET: I think you should see for yourself.

 

SOLIS: [Stands up and takes the letter] Hmm... [Sits down and reads silently]

 

VIOLET: How old are you now, Naiya?

 

NAIYA: I am only sixteen years old. I am aware that I am supposed to receive that letter at the age of eighteen but Edith gave it to me just before I was captured, including the book.

 

VIOLET: And have you met Osiris Luno?

 

NAIYA: No. But I have reason to believe that Osiris Luno is Yvaine’s father.

 

VIOLET: [Speaks sarcastically] Really... I’m not so sure about that. Is that true Yvaine?

 

YVAINE: Like I said, I don’t have a father, although I am Osiris Luno’s b*****d.

 

VIOLET: Close enough, I guess.

 

SOLIS: Wait-wait-wait! So... So if you’re Osiris Luno’s daughter... [Takes Kirin out of his sheathe] I think this belong to you, Yvaine.

 

KAT: Oh! Oh! I know that sword!

 

YVAINE: Where... did you get that?

 

SOLIS: Osiris left it to me when he went away. [Hands it over to Yvaine]

 

YVAINE: How do you even know him?

 

SOLIS: He’s the guy that raised me! He taught me everything I know about swords!

 

YVAINE: You’re Solidad?

 

SOLIS: [Blushes slightly and shouts with a squeak] Don’t call me that!

 

VIOLET: I think we’re getting a bit off topic here. Naiya, why don’t you tell me how you got out?

 

NAIYA: Once I was able to activate my powers, I broke through the cage and left the place using Maria’s power.

 

VIOLET: What can she do?

 

MARIA: It’s my time to shine! [Hops on Naiya’s head and turns both Naiya and herself invisible] How’s that!

 

VIOLET: I see. And how did you meet Yvaine?

 

NAIYA: [Fades back into visibility with Maria] I started by following the strongest traces of mana that I could detect since these often lead to Elementals, but during my tracking, I found the daughter of Berial Magus’ king inside one of Alteph’s hollow trees. She was in need of medical attention so I took her to Berial Magus where I was to be met by King Dagon. I encountered Yvaine as I was waiting in my room and...

 

YVAINE: You tried to choke me to death, right?

 

NAIYA: I... I’m sorry about that. I had no control over my power back then.

 

YVAINE: Relax, Naiya. You saved my a*s back in Blightcrystal, right?

 

NAIYA: I suppose... After the incident, I met with King Dagon and we planned on transporting me to Bania using a Xen Wave Emulator, but the plan went awry and I ended up in a decommissioned facility next to Blightcrystal. As we waited for the teleporter to recharge, I... don’t really know how to explain what happened next... [Curls her toes inside her shoes]

 

MARIA: [Raises her paw] I think I can explain.

 

VIOLET: Go ahead.

 

MARIA: When she activated her powers, mana started to overflow inside her. She couldn’t control it so she started acting all crazy; flying around and screaming as flames and whirlwinds and all the other Elements went out of her body!

 

NAIYA: That’s... a bit of exaggeration but, that’s more or less how the event transpired...

 

MARIA: So I followed her as she was flying, and luckily she landed next to Blightcrystal where this poor girl [Points at Yvaine] was being tortured by some scumbag Demon! From there, Naiya blasted the Demon with all the power that was coming out of her and erased him from existence!

 

YVAINE: Okay, what you’re saying is true but aren’t you forgetting-

 

MARIA: Ah, of course! After rescuing Yvaine, we went through an underground tunnel where a smart dragon who knows how to make potions conveniently offered Yvaine a treatment for her injuries from her torture! And that’s how we got to Bania!

 

NAIYA: What about the assistance of Captain Cris-

 

MARIA: And that’s how we got to Bania!!!

 

YVAINE: Yeah, I guess that’s how it went down.

 

NAIYA: Yes, a concise way to explain things.

 

VIOLET: Very good. You may sit, Naiya.

 

NAIYA: [Sits down] Thank you.

 

VIOLET: Well, I guess it’s my turn now. [Stands up] The name’s Violet. I’ve been with the Avians for almost a decade. As of now, our organization is lacking in man power but we’ve been more than active three years ago after the battle in the cliffs of Weiss. Have any of you heard of it?

 

ANNA: The Fallen Forty-Four?

 

VIOLET: Yeah. Back then, there were more than thirty members with the Avians. Now there’re only five of us. You already met the other two. There’s another one who some of you have probably met in Quinholm; the doctor that treated Solis.

 

CREDO: Doctor Winston?

 

VIOLET: He’s not a doctor, but yeah, his name’s Winston. You see, we’ve been watching all your actions for three years now, except for these two twin sisters [Points at Sierra and Therese]. I was the one in charge of keeping record, and that’s why I know so much about you. If you ask why, you’re all parts of a key that could seal the Equilibrium Gate that the Demons use to get power from “Hell” or “Underworld” or whatever it’s called. As you all should know, there are two keys; one with eight parts, and another with two parts. The other key’s parts should be within the possession of the Solar Elemental and the Void Elemental, but it seems the Demons beat us to it, right Solis?

 

SOLIS: I’m sorry.

 

VIOLET: Kevlar and Sheldon are on their way to the Plaguelands now to retrieve the other key from “Bloody Palace”. As for me, I’ll be escorting the eight parts of the key to “Paper Fortress” in order to re-form it. It’ll take three days to get there so make sure you’re all in good condition to fight.

 

YVAINE: Three days!?

 

VIOLET: Yes.

 

YVAINE: What the hell am I gonna do about Sticky!?

 

VIOLET: Who’s... Sticky?

 

MEA: Her cousin.

 

NAIYA: Don’t worry, Yvaine. I am positive that Captain Crisostomo will take care of him.

 

YVAINE: I don’t think so... Well, I guess he can take care of himself for three days but... What the hell are we supposed to do until then? And what’s this thing about a fight?

 

VIOLET: This place has a bathhouse and ten bedrooms. Why don’t you eight get to know each other or something? You know... “Have fun and mingle”, right? What do teenagers usually do nowadays when they’re bored?

 

THERESE: Oh, I know-

 

VIOLET: Aside from masturbating.

 

YVAINE: You expect me to spend time with them?

 

ANNA: Hey, you’ve been running your mouth for quite a while now! You’re being really offensive, you know that?

 

YVAINE: I don’t give a damn about how you feel! Why do I have to sit here for three days?

 

VIOLET: Well, why don’t you just blame your father? You’re pretty good at pointing all your troubles toward him, aren’t you?

 

YVAINE: Oh, God f*cking damn it!

 

VIOLET: No more questions? Good. Feel free to use the facilities within the ship. Just don’t touch the control panel, please. [Walks out of the room]


[Curtain]



© 2016 Oran


Author's Note

Oran
Amateur playwright's work

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

First: I have no idea what Sigmund Freud has do to do with the context. Maybe it's Schadenfreude?

while I was passed out = out cold. I felt like it fits more for Credo.

VIOLET; Oh, but = just a typo of the semi colon.





Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Added on September 23, 2016
Last Updated on October 31, 2016

Equilibrium


Author

Oran
Oran

Somewhere in the Philippines, My house, Philippines



About
I write stuff. - -Stop scrolling! You'll get lewd if you keep scrolling! Are you sure you want to keep on reading this? Okay, if you insist on knowing, I am from the deep and disgusti.. more..

Writing
Steel is Yielding Steel is Yielding

A Story by Oran


Afterglow Afterglow

A Story by Oran


lwo3ynq5f lwo3ynq5f

A Story by Oran