Chapter LVI: For the People

Chapter LVI: For the People

A Chapter by Oran

            To build an empire isn’t easy, as you can imagine. Aside from the people, the management of resources, the people, the political decisions, the people, your military strategies, and, of course, the people, there is one big factor in all of these: the people.

 

            Yes, people. Stupid f*cking people, as Sigmund Freud once said.

 

            Couldn’t have said it better myself. Don’t you think, King Gremorie?

 

            Well, he can’t actually hear me, but he’s in his throne room idling by the window. It’s been a while since we last saw him. This man right here was able to unite Humanity a century ago. From your perspective, dear reader, he was actually able to attain a sort of Golden Age for every Human in the period of his regin. It was such a bloody battle he started, but it all ended with him being on top, and all the power went to him.

 

            His first decree was to eradicate Religion.

 

            His second decree was to abolish Freedom.

 

            Why eradicate religion?

 

            Because there is no God.

 

            Why abolish freedom?

 

            Because man hates responsibility.

 

            These two ideas are what made King Gremorie’s reign a glorious one. People no longer serve a non-existent God, only their noble king who freed them from their miserable indoctrination. People need not worry about what to do tomorrow or what to save today, only to obey their noble king’s decree. No more divisions. No more bickering. No more troubles. No more burdens. No more... thinking. All that is left is total obedience to their king.

 

            This was the dream he envisioned and made come true. This was everything he fought for in order to make the world a better place for Humanity. This what the people truly wanted. This was what was taken away from him.

 

            The people finally had everything they could ever want and need. That was his goal from the beginning: The closest possible Utopia called from Marxism. But for some pathetically Human reason, the people wanted more.

 

            They wanted their God, even though he was the one who truly answered their prayers. They wanted their freedom, even though he was the one who freed them from responsibility.

 

            These people...

 

            Sickening.

 

            And so they rebelled. A man by the name of Don Saturnino headed this atrocious congregation. They became so unruly and violent, the polar opposite of how they were before they started to want.

 

            How could they do such things to their king?

 

            It all started with a single idea from the other races: Elementals and Elves.

 

            The uprising began, and soon, only a few remained loyal to him. Still, they weren't enough. Those that were sensible enough to recognize their true king died by violence. There were no bounds to how twisted and monstrous Humanity can be, and the king himself witnessed this as they slaughtered his sons and raped his daughters. He was bound and forced to watch as the people he loved tore apart his family and those that stood with him, and they didn’t stop no matter how much he begged.

 

            But there was very little contempt from him. He had no feeling of repulse, disgust, or even anger toward the people he loved.

 

            It’s not their fault.

 

            He loved the people until the bitter end.

 

            His only regret was being unable to liberate the other races. He wasn’t able to let them see his true purpose.

 

            Now he has a chance to right his wrongs.

 

            This world needs a king that shows compassion for all living things. During the first thirteen years of his return, he merely displayed just how vicious he could be if he wanted to, and his people were more than happy to take their revenge.

 

            But one day a girl was brought before him. The girl was a survivor of the race he thought he’d driven to extinction. She was so afraid and alone. In her eyes he saw his own cruelty and injustice towards the people who had nothing to do with his ruin.

 

            He let the girl live.

 

            He stopped attacking and gathered all his people.

 

            We must stop this! These people are innocent!

 

            For the next three years, he wouldn’t stage any attacks, although some of his people were against his decision and continued to terrorize the other beings of this world.

 

            At that time, even he was questioning his own principles as he looked back at the cost of everything he’s accomplished.

 

            Now, his course is clear. It is time for him to unite the world once again. There will be no more vengeance. The time is coming when he will once again rule, this time, not only Humanity, but everything that lives in this world.

 

            Only then will the Known Regions know of true liberation.

 

            But not anymore....

 

            Something twisted overcame him about a month ago... Something snapped. An inexpiable hatred grew in his heart, but he couldn’t tell what it was. He never really understood why, but when he found himself ordering his people for a new kind of idea... The idea of perfection... That is when a bothersome ringing in his head started to sound off. His nobility was converted to pride, and his love for the people was converted to hatred for the weak. It was like a Demon had awakened in him.

 

            His inability to fathom the sudden change was unsettling.

 

            What could have stirred up this hatred toward the people?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No References



© 2017 Oran


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

they weren;t enough

Just a minor one.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
1 Review
Added on November 25, 2016
Last Updated on March 13, 2017

Equilibrium


Author

Oran
Oran

Somewhere in the Philippines, My house, Philippines



About
I write stuff. - -Stop scrolling! You'll get lewd if you keep scrolling! Are you sure you want to keep on reading this? Okay, if you insist on knowing, I am from the deep and disgusti.. more..

Writing
Steel is Yielding Steel is Yielding

A Story by Oran


Afterglow Afterglow

A Story by Oran


lwo3ynq5f lwo3ynq5f

A Story by Oran