Tale of The Street

Tale of The Street

A Story by Sharpdeath
"

Based on Erin Hunter's Warriors

"

 

The Tale of the Street
The Beginning
Sun  stalked a rat, hunger roaring in her stomach. She got close enough to sniff it quietly, and jumped back as the reek of poison struck her nose. With a jolt, she flipped around, only to see nothing. Sun cautiously sniffed her way towards an acrid scent. A hideously thin, gray cat leaped in front of her.
“This is the Land of the Akin Clan. Go no further, unless you shall dedicate your life to the Akins.” He hissed in her ear. She took a step back, rather confused. Sun’s mind snapped back to earth, quite suddenly. “I cannot. I am of the Alley Cats.”
The tom she was speaking to bristled. “A RIVAL CLAN CAT ON OUR TERRITORY?!” A smallish cat jumped to his side. “Yan, show her the exit, from her life or from MY territory.” Yan gruffly pushed Sun out, her claws pierced into her skin, but she soundlessly kept moving. She saw a small light glistening on the gray cat’s chest. Sun glanced at the tag, hoping it would be enough to read the claw marks, the cat language, on the tag. “J. O. H. N. N. Y.” She put the letters slowly together. “Johnny, JOHHNY!” She yelled, though she had not meant to. Sun put a paw to her mouth and let the small cat push her out of the Akin Clan territory.
Sun returned to the junkyard, the home of the Alley Cats. She went to see the Herb Cat, Yarrow, wondering if she may have any foreign contamination from the dumpster-alley. She hissed as Yarrow rubbed a poultice on her pelt. She stalked back to her den, the wind chilling her skin. “Snow-sky is coming….” She whispered, though she had no reason to. Hue padded up to her, bouncing around like a kitten. “Ah, yes! Today is his Quick-foot promotion! He’ll be in the Quick-foot training… learning how to fight, hunt… Claw-bones are next after that, after he’s done in Quick-foot training… sharing a den with me… I hope I’ll be in the extra den then…”She was deep in thought for a long time, but Hue broke the span. “HELLO, SUN, are you OKAY?” Sun jolted her head up, to meet the eyes of Hue, seeming quite disappointed in her absence of mind. “Yes, very nice…” She said slowly and padded to the Claw-bone den.
Sun fell asleep in her bed of moss and blackbird feathers, her dreaming approaching her like a cat stalking its prey. One dream decided to pounce, and the rest left to let the winning dream feast on filling her mind. She was drowning in the salty ocean, when the water swept her to land. She saw the thin gray cat on the shore; he was not noticing her, but staring at the clouds and whispering something inaudible. The dream left her mind, like a cat leaving its prey’s remains to be picked at by vultures. Sun awoke, and heard the leader, Hawk, announcing Hue becoming a Quick-foot.
Sun stalked through the camp, visions of yesterday still flashed in her mind. With a sigh, she passed the Kit-den. A kit-bearer stepped out of the den to see Yarrow. “Have you seen the young cat Yarrow is training to be an Herb Cat? The white one, oh, what was his name?” Sun pondered the thought for a heartbeat, and then remembered the name. “Whitney. She have left to the Neutral Cats, they seem to have Death cough.” The she-cat gasped, and then calmly left to Yarrow’s den. “Is that what happens with kits? Is that all she thinks about now?”
With a jolt, Johnny awoke from his slumber. He had many visions of yesterday, just as Sun had. “That cat, she was so familiar. Like I know her, but I don’t know her name.” He whispered quietly to himself, trying not to wake the other Claw-bones. He stretched his back and stepped outside, only to flip back into the den. Snow covered the ground in a cold blanket. “It must have snowed last night.” He said, louder than he had thought. Cloud rolled onto his back, frustration filling his eyes. “I finally fell asleep, and then you got up!”Johnny almost felt scared by the Claw-bone. “Sorry!” He whimpered. “Just shush!” Cloud growled, and tried to fall asleep again. Johnny stared at the sky, barely visible with the heavily falling snow.

© 2009 Sharpdeath


Author's Note

Sharpdeath
Critisicm welcome! Both good and bad....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I used to be so obsessed with Warriors! Haha.

Just thought I'd put that out there.

Posted 13 Years Ago


To anyone who care(no one) I won't be continuing this for some time.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I wrote it fast..so...not much

Posted 14 Years Ago


I don't like how the story looks where some is a full paragraph and the others at the bottom are centered, but when I actually read the story, I realized that I liked it. You did a good job :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 20, 2009

Author

Sharpdeath
Sharpdeath

Lexington, KY



About
Hey. I'll tell you some stuff about me. I'm about thirteen years old, and live in Kentucky with m three dogs and family. I would say I have a very unique style of writing that has not probably been us.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Sharpdeath


Silver Eyes Silver Eyes

A Story by Sharpdeath