Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Sharpdeath
"

It's just the proglogue..(Italicized means it's from the past or is thoughts)

"

 Hero of Time, Hero of Winds, and Hero of Hyrule were all names that Link knew his ancestors had earned from their brave feats.

Really, though, he did not want to be called any of them. He just wanted to be known as one of the farmhards for Lon Lon Ranch, hardworking and kind.

He thought about the past a lot, before he'd made it to this paradise. A child's laugh hit his pointed ears, and he smiled slightly. Gwyn... He recalled his younger brother, which led him to remembering the times before here, where they were safe.

Fire crackled and smoke rose in the air as a small farmhouse was slowly devoured in the heat. Shouts from the neighbors could be heard, frantic and horrified.

Suffering the worst of it was a little boy, heart pounding against his chest, but slowing each second.

"Help me.."He tried to shout, though it came out as a mere whisper. He didn't have long.

"I'm here, Link!"Muffled, but still there, a call out to him came."Where are you?"It was Jonathan, his eldest brother! He would save him...

"LINK!"He called again.

"I'm...here..."The younger one couldn't stay alive much longer. Thankfully, he'd stop getting it in his system soon. Jonathan picked him up and managed to get them both out, but Link was worried for Gwyn, his newborn baby sibling.

Bravely, the older one once again dove into the smoking building. He got Gwyn out and to Link..but the wood collapsed on the brave one, killing him easily. 

"Jonathan!!"Link screamed, using the last of his fading energy. He passed out, Gwyn crying in his arms.

Tears formed in his eyes. After that event, the baby became everything he had. He'd lost his mother after its birth and his father in a war. Jonathan had been taking care of them, but after his passing, the two young boys were put in the hospital to heal, and shortly after, in an orphanage. Now, being five, he wasn't too knowledgable. He knew about life and death, but couldn't read or write. They taught him well, he just wasn't naturally good at it and struggled greatly.

They stayed there for six years, so Link was eleven and Gwyn was six. Then the two were adopted by Talon to help him work. Link and Malon were best friends at first sight, and Gwyn was happy too.

Life seemed perfect, and it was for a time..

One day, still in his first year of living there, when he was out to get some water from the river near the ranch, Link caught sight of a half dead looking wolf. Winged no less!

He carefully picked her up and carried the canine all the way back.

Talon wanted to sell her for profit, but feeling a strange connection to it, Link begged and pleaded to keep her as a farm dog.

After a while, his father agreed and his new pet stayed with them.

Now, sitting on the cliff, winged wolf Mulina by his side, Gwyn and Malon playing in the water, he didn't see how life could get any better.

He also didn't see how quickly it could get worse.

 



© 2011 Sharpdeath


Author's Note

Sharpdeath
Sorry this wasn't up...a long time ago...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

452 Views
Added on May 25, 2011
Last Updated on May 28, 2011


Author

Sharpdeath
Sharpdeath

Lexington, KY



About
Hey. I'll tell you some stuff about me. I'm about thirteen years old, and live in Kentucky with m three dogs and family. I would say I have a very unique style of writing that has not probably been us.. more..

Writing
Silver Eyes Silver Eyes

A Story by Sharpdeath