Experience Everything

Experience Everything

A Chapter by Ekai Stone
"

1

"

It's all very interesting. After a lot of traveling, jobs and acquaintances I've accrued a wide range of life experiences; they're priceless - I wouldn't go back and change anything. I'm a believer that things will always work out, that life is meant for the acquisition of relationships and experiences and as James Allen said in 'As A Man Thinketh', "A man is literally what he thinks, his character being the complete sum of all his thoughts."

In regards to my work history, whenever someone asks me, "That sounds so cool, why did you stop doing that?" I have to pause for a second before I answer. By the tone of their voice it really sounds like, "ugh, you're stupid for quitting that." I say back, "Well, the universe is preparing me for something. I'm in training. I don't know what for but, I never really stopped doing any of those things because I'm always coordinating, designing, reading, writing, taking photographs and acting." I say acting because my sales manager and old mentor at Volkswagen/Hyundai, Gy Williams, once told me, "You gotta fake it till you make it youngin."

My lesson here is summed up in Benjamin Franklin's words, "Empty the coins in your purse into your mind and your mind will fill your purse with coins". Every opportunity you get, take it. Stay in the moment, stay positive, learn everything you can about everything and believe that you're always in the right place at the right time.

I have to end this now because I'm in WA, DC on my way to a water mitigation/home renovation job for a diplomat. LA, Portland to the east coast... I surprise myself sometimes. Caio*

Ekai



© 2014 Ekai Stone


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on September 10, 2014
Last Updated on September 10, 2014
Tags: #LFAMRC, lesons, mixed race, children, teens, parents, adults, family, drama, suspense, shocking, tragedy, tragic, autobiography, experiences