Evening Bliss

Evening Bliss

A Story by Justin Taras
"

An evening of breathtaking views leads to a spiritual journey.

"

Imagine gazing upon a sight that is not only beautiful, but can send you on a journey of self-realization and awareness. Fortunately, I was taken on this creative date and received this gift at a very unexpected time. A group of friends and I traveled to a cabin in upstate New York for the weekend, but knowing that I'd see a life-changing sight was almost out of the question. As the hours begin to pass, nightfall begins to set in. I take a stroll outside and the beaming starlight’s of mother earth immediately greet me. But how is this possible? New Jersey is filled with pollution, we never get this luxury, why am I given this unbelievable privilege? Knowing I couldn't let this experience die with just me, I motioned for my comrades to join me for this moment. Peering up at the sky, you can see the glistening stars twinkling ever so softly in the night, casting a majestic glow on every murky crevice down below. You can see the golden illumination of the moon, gently placed amongst the stars as it watches over us, almost sending us a message that, "everything is going to be okay tonight". It was as if this scenery was taken from a Van Gogh painting and drawn just for us, ever so impeccable. While some might view this moment as unimportant or insignificant, I view this as means to not only appreciate the natural elegance of this earth, but to reflect on life as a whole. Some tend to worry about trivial events or look for beauty in the wrong places. By appreciating the grace and glamor of the natural wonders in life, we can understand that not only is there natural beauty, but that this world in general is truly majestic. Knowing full well that I was blessed with this uncommon experience, I took nothing for granted as my thoughts raced more rapidly than a speedboat beaming down the coastline. What made this experience all the more peculiar was the type of energy we all felt. It was as if all worry and stress in the world had dissipated and our bodies and minds were floating a gently as a feather, almost drifting away with our friends in the sky. As much as it pains me to say, I can’t imagine this exact experience and feeling can be duplicated. However, I hope that not only can each individual can embark on this brief spiritual journey, but that at some point in my life I can become one with the crisp and radiant night sky once more. 

© 2017 Justin Taras


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on May 30, 2017
Last Updated on May 30, 2017
Tags: travel, creative, experience, non-fiction, descriptive

Author

Justin Taras
Justin Taras

NJ



About
I'm a 22 year old recent college graduate, looking to share various writing pieces with the public. more..