Dangerous waters

Dangerous waters

A Chapter by Missy
"

She's staring, wanting more details. I can't tell her that I feel like he awakes every part of my body

"

"What guy?"

            "The only guy you spoke to tonight."

             Crap, I'm busted. "I don't know," it was the complete honest truth.

            Sara gives me a disbelieving look.

            "I don't, we just danced. I don't even know his name." She's staring, wanting more details. I can't tell her that I feel like he awakes every part of my body. "Who was the blond you spoke to?"

            "Mark," she grins. She keeps her eyes on the road. "He was at the casino earlier; he's staying there with his best friend for a couple days. They own their own business together, just here in town to meet with a client earlier today. He took me up to the VIP section. He offered me Cristal; I so wanted to drink. I was so shocked when the guards nodded to him as I went up."

            "You like him," I point out. A big smile comes across her face and we're laughing again. "Well, just be safe," I add.

            "I know. I will."

            The rest of the trip Sara beams all about Mark. Mark is thirty-one. He went into business with his best friend at the age of twenty-one. Mark has never been married. He does however have a four year old named Lucas from a previous relationship. Mark believes the pregnancy was on purpose since they found out after he split with his ex, she it was coming Sara explains to me.

            We finally pull into the casino and I'm overjoyed. We came here because apparently Sara told Mark she'd meet him here so they could hang out on equal ground while I'm bored alone. I can finally get a break from listening about Mark and pretending I'm interested when I'm not. We find pretty decent parking spots this time. I'm bummed because all this talking has completely ruined by buzz. I follow Sara whose power walking through the front doors. Mark is surprisingly waiting at the entrance for her. Sara barely manages to tell me she'll find me later before they're gone. I am not cared as I go onto the gaming floor. I go grab change with the remaining money I have. I mentally yell at myself for not insisting she drop me off at the hotel. I was going to be stuck down here for awhile.

            I grab my new stack of ones and go for the penny games. I hoped they would keep me busy for a little while at least. I lose my five bucks pretty quickly. I feel a dark cloud hover over my head with the realization that I'm bored out of my mind.

            "That's a bad one to play," I recognize the sexy sensual deep voice right away.

            I keep my face trained on the screen. I can't let him see the smile that just formed at the sound of his close proximity.

            "A gentleman won about a hundred dollars earlier. I don't think it'll give anymore."

            "Just my luck," I remark. I finally turn back to find Him leaning over my shoulder. He still looks incredibly sexy. I search his left hand for a ring, empty.

            I get over into the seat left of me. He sits into the one left of that one, next to me. I put a couple dollars in to start. I watch him slip a twenty in and press max bet. I am embarrassed at my measly two dollars. I put two more in and I feel better. I do not bet max.

            "Your names Mariah," he says after I place my bet.

            "Yeah," I answer.

            "Well, it's beautiful. It fits you."

            I am so taken by surprise that I hit the wrong bet and lose the two dollars I gained back. "Thanks," I stutter. I look briefly at him, but he pays me no mind. He slides another twenty into the machine.

            "I think we are not in the winning section." He turns and grins at me.

            Oh, I nearly melt. I actually feel my mouth water at the sight. I just stared back at my machine. I am suddenly feeling extremely hot. "It's hot in here," I say fanning myself.

            "Ah yes, a bit." He stares around as if he could actually see the temperature.

            "You know my name, but I don't know yours."

            "Ian," he responded going back to his game.

            I glance and see that his twenty has risen to two hundred dollars and I'm still playing with two dollars. I glance back and realize he's playing quarters, that's why. "You have a nice name as well." I somehow don't like that he's turned his attention to the machine. I put two more dollars in my machine. I must not show interest in him.

            "I do believe you're the first person to say that to me. You know Mark is pretty taken with Sara. He wouldn't shut up about her the whole way here."

            I laughed, "Same with Sara." Wait a minute, so this means Mark's best friend and business partner is Ian.

            We go back to playing our games respectively. A few minutes later his cell rings. Well, not really, he must've had it on vibrate because he just answers. He has a nice black Iphone.

            "Camden," he answers. A slight pause as he listens. "Uh huh....," he laughs. Then he hands the phone to me.

            I've been trying to play my game and pretending like I'm not paying any attention to him at all. I look at him curiously, but take the phone.

            "Mariah," I hear Sara yell.

            "Yeah."

            "Mark and I are at the hotel. We may be awhile. Ian said you chill in their hotel."

            "Uh huh," I tell her. "Excuse me," I tell Ian. I get up and walk a few aisles forward away from his ear shot. "I don't even know him," I raise my voice at Sara.

            "Oh, he's cool. Mark says so."

            "You don't know Mark."

            "Try to talk to Ian. It's not like you're having sex with him." She giggles. "Talk to you later," and the phone goes dead.

            I am so angry that if I were a cartoon smoke would be coming out my ears. I trudge back over to Ian to give his phone back. He is still at the same machine. He barely seemed to notice my coming back. I check his phone it's only a quarter past two. I silently curse. I'm tired.

            "Sorry about that," I interrupt handing his phone over.

            He presses the cash out button. "What's the verdict?" He turns and asks.

            I once again melt into those eyes of his. "I am not having sex with you and not because I'm married although that's part of it. I won't because I don't know you."

            "You know you are not the only one who got sucked into this," he complains rising from his chair. He makes complaining look sexy.

            I sit down in his spot. "Fine, then don't."

            "Okay," he says and then walks away.

            I am really tired. I jump up from my seat. "Wait," I call out to him. He slows his pace, but doesn't stop. We walk silently down the corridor to the elevators. I don't pay attention to the floor he presses. I'm too caught up in staring at him. He stares at everything, but me.



© 2012 Missy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on August 11, 2012
Last Updated on August 11, 2012
Tags: billionaire, drama, romance, bestfriend


Author

Missy
Missy

Lansing, MI



About
I want to be a writer. I write all day, everyday in case I'm working. more..

Writing
Ch. 1 Pretenses Ch. 1 Pretenses

A Chapter by Missy


A tortured soul A tortured soul

A Chapter by Missy