Dominic and Gloria

Dominic and Gloria

A Chapter by Missy
"

The beginnings of a beautiful friendship between two kids that blossomed.

"

Four years later

 

            “You do realize that you’re my best friend in the whole wide world, right.” Gloria said while hear and Dominic were laying on covers staring up at the stars glistening in the moonlight. The moon was full and bright. That was something they always did starting a couple years back. They ran all the way from there homes up to the Laland field and watched the stars and talked about anything and everything.

            “You’re my best friend.” Dominic said staring at the way her hair curly blonde hair laid against her cheek. Her hair used to more brown but over the years it’s gotten lighter.

            “Do you ever think of courting?” Gloria asked turning over on to her side to look at Dominic’s brown eyes.

            “Ye-Yea.” Dominic said shocked that she was the one to ask first. He turned over on to his left side to stare at her. She was a foot taller than him now that they were ten. Her green button down dress went perfect with those gorgeous green eyes of hers he thought. She hated dresses though her mother always seemed to be putting her into one. Her mother would never learn to accept Gloria was not a lady. At least she wasn’t in the proper sense meaning prim and innocent. Gloria would roll around in the dirt, burp, and do every other thing a man would probably found disgusting in a woman even though he probably did it himself. To Dominic Gloria was perfect. She was honest and true to herself.

            “Does that mean were courting now? Are you going to have to take me on dates?” Gloria asked unaware Dominic was still in a trance over her. “ Earth to Dominic. Are we courting now? Are you taking me on a date? She asked while shaking the brown sweater he wore that was obviously too small for him but she knew he loved it.

            “Yea we are. I will take you on a date I promise. Dominic said while rising to his knees. It was late out and he knew they would be in trouble. They always stayed out late pass curfew.

            Gloria followed his lead getting on her knees in front of him. Her button down dress rose even higher on her small legs that hadn’t taken any shape yet. “We should kiss now to seal the deal.”

            “Okay.” Dominic said leaning in.

            Gloria had her lips puckered as she leaned in too. They kept leaning until finally there lips touched and they held there for a moment experiencing something neither of them were familiar with. It faded away rather quickly because Gloria kept leaning into Dominic causing him to lift from the knees and fall backward sending Gloria crashing onto him. The both of them paused for a moment and then looked each other in the eyes. Gloria staring into those dark brown eyes of Dominic and Dominic staring into the green eyes of Gloria’s. They both immediately started laughing.

            “C’mon. We should get back homes. Our parents will not be happy.” Dominic said rolling out from under Gloria. Then grabbing her hand and the cover they were on and started walking back.

            “We should do that again tomorrow.” Gloria said as they were walking through the grassy plain that was prickling her feet because of her sandals.

            “We do just about.” Dominic said laughing.

            “I mean the kiss. It was nice.” Gloria said staring toward the ground. She was kind of embarrassed to say it. She hated when her parents kissed. Her father came home from the war about two years after Dominic moved in and her parents seemed to be kissing a lot.

            Dominic face was flushed. He became an immediate shade of red. He didn’t say so, but he thought it was nice too. He was with a girl. He was courting a girl. That girl was his best friend. For Dominic life was as perfect as it could get. For the next few years Dominic and Gloria would stay courting one another. They kept their relationship secret from there parents of course. They did go up to Laland field every other day however they only tried the kissing thing a few more times as both of them were too shy to kiss first.



© 2012 Missy


Author's Note

Missy
Short, but it's all setting up for the next part.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on August 23, 2012
Last Updated on August 23, 2012
Tags: romance, kids, drama, kissing, fiction


Author

Missy
Missy

Lansing, MI



About
I want to be a writer. I write all day, everyday in case I'm working. more..

Writing
Ch. 1 Pretenses Ch. 1 Pretenses

A Chapter by Missy


A tortured soul A tortured soul

A Chapter by Missy