Princess Maia

Princess Maia

A Chapter by Missy
"

Princess Maia prepares to enter the portal to find the warrior.

"

Beatrice gave a sigh of relief returning the damp cloth to the girl’s forehead. “I’m so glad I get to stay here with you Princess Maia.”

            Maia didn’t say much of a word. She only looked toward the thick cover she was wearing. No wonder she was sweating up a storm it was hot in her room and this cover didn’t help matters much. She got out of the bed and started pacing her room. It was one of the biggest rooms in the castle her parents gave it to her when they realized they were expecting. As a young child the room was plain, but filled with many gifts. Now that she was a growing teenager her room changed to fix her personality or even more the personality of a future queen.

            The room now reflected what the majority of the castle looked like from the entrance to the grand ball room. The walls were a shiny bronze while the floor gathered a whole new perspective with the bright marble beige. The room had one huge rectangular window that was to all in the kingdom. The window stretched the entire length and stood the same height as the wall. All she had to do was open the door and she would be standing on the balcony from the very top story of the castle. Her parents figured if they were ever invaded she would be furthest from harm. She had many dressers even though she never used one. From the time she could remember clothes had always been brought to her. They were always some grand dress that a princess was supposed to wear. Her bed was made for a princess. It had a huge canopy over the top of it with drapes covering all sides so she could be hidden while sleeping. She could see now the drapes were swooped up on one side probably when her servant came to wake her.

            The nightmares were starting to take their toll on her. She didn’t know how long she would be able to defend her mind from the intrusiveness of Desmond. He was once a wizard and a huge help to her father whenever times were trouble. Throughout their land many people were gifted with sorcery. Her father came to rely on Desmond’s advice too much. Desmond finally realized that he ought to be running the country and not her father. That was when the rift began with some people siding with Desmond and the rest with Maia’s family. Desmond felt he had equal right to the throne since Maia’s family wasn’t the actual natural born rulers. The royal family that was their before Maia’s was actually a family of sorcerers. A tyrannical ruler came to power and with the help of followers killed all of the family except one. He considered him a warrior and he couldn’t kill the man. The warrior was able to overthrow the ruler and sorcery was once again rejoiced and praised by those who could use it. Hundreds of years past and the warrior is always reborn protecting the kingdom.

            Maia’s family is trying to protect the kingdom because they know that Desmond will destroy it. Desmond would be able to take the kingdom, but Maia holds it safe for now. He knows he can’t get past her. While Maia is not a wizard she can manipulate magic, but not conjure it. The only problem with her manipulation is that she can’t use it properly so she puts everything she has into the protection of her kingdoms walls. Her manipulation has consequences. She believes as people have believed for years that the warrior will protect the kingdom as he has years before she was born. The warrior was born years ago and he turned to the dark side with Desmond and once Desmond knew he had him, he killed him and sent his body back to the kingdom. All hope was lost until a wizard came forward to the kingdom saying that he could save them all she had to do was manipulate the magic.

            Maia’s parents thought that if they left the kingdom Desmond would give up the fight. Instead Desmond captured her parents and are holding them captive and using them as bait for Maia. She misses her parents terribly, but she has thousands of people to worry about so her mission remains. The wizard told her she can go and find a reincarnation of the warrior and bring him back, but only him as he won’t be able to go back. The way to do it was with the use of portals. Portals were not widely used all over the land. They are very difficult to conjure up. The wizard told her she could manipulate the magic of the portal to get her to the warrior and back. That was her plan, find him and bring him back she really didn’t think anything else through. She didn’t have time rumor was that Desmond was planning a new attack and hope was dwindling.

            She stood staring out the window at the pitch black sky with sparkling stars. She looked toward the houses of the people she could see a few candles burning in the windows that were nearby. She had to protect them. She would protect them.

            “Ah Princess Maia the preparations are near ready.” The wizard said he had dark hair and even dark eyes. He held his hands behind his back and did a slight bow as he approached the middle of the room toward her.

            Maia walked and stood in front of him. “I can’t have near ready. I need to go now. The dreams are getting worser.” She said the last sentence as she looked toward the ground suddenly feeling a headache coming on.

            Ether looked very concerned. “Would you like me to get you a batch of amer to put in your water?”

            “I will be fine as soon as I can enter the portal.” She tried to sound pleasant, but firm.

            “Yes princess.” Ether said and then walked out of the door.

            Maia turned around and went back toward the window. Thinking about the portal and being so close to her warrior. She was wondering if she was losing hope if their hope was all gone. She turned away from the window disgusted by the look of her own reflection through it. She was disgusted with herself for thinking that despair was all they had to offer. She walked over to her bedside and saw Beatrice coming near. She used a swoop of her hand and the girl with her red hair left the room. She got into bed and moved the drapes back over her bed. She needed to be alone now. She wasn’t in the mood to go to sleep. She just lies back on top of her covers and let her mind drift.



© 2012 Missy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

crap wrong book. this doesnt belong here

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
1 Review
Added on August 23, 2012
Last Updated on August 24, 2012
Tags: Princess, portal, fiction, dreams


Author

Missy
Missy

Lansing, MI



About
I want to be a writer. I write all day, everyday in case I'm working. more..

Writing
Ch. 1 Pretenses Ch. 1 Pretenses

A Chapter by Missy


A tortured soul A tortured soul

A Chapter by Missy