Deep Fall

Deep Fall

A Chapter by mrspotatohead
"

A story about a lawyer who tried to save a girl from the hold of the strongest mafia in New York City. But the relationship between the girl and the mafia had a deep secret. Can the girl be saved?

"

Since the conversation in the car, her eyes see me differently. Whenever there’s a meeting in Thomas’s office, her eyes met mine many times. I’m starting to get nervous around Thomas, but the look she gave me was a cry for help.

                “So, you’re saying that Veronica should come out as my mistress?” asked Thomas.

                “Yes, that way no one would suspect her. There are rumours that she’s been working for you. There’s no specific lable to her until now, so everyone must be wondering what she is to you,” Georg said.

                We had a fight about this last night, because I didn’t like this arrangement. As much as I don’t want to say it, I have to admit that I was a bit jealous, and worried that Thomas will tighten his grip even more to Veronica. She was leaning on his desk, facing Thomas who was sitting behind his desk, she only showed me her back  that day, not once did her eyes fell upon me.

              “I have a better idea. Why don’t we just get married?” I couldn’t hide my shock. What did I do? I locked the doors of her prison forever. Veronica looked a bit shock too, now that she was staring at Thomas. “What?”

                “I thought you don’t want to get married,” she said. The room fell silent.

                “Don’t you?” The room fell even more silent. She looked away. “I’m going to retire for today. You guys can go home.” He went out of the room, Veronica followed silently behind his back without him having to say anything. He gave his hand without looking back, trusting that Veronica would be there to accept it, and she did. I looked away.

               That night, I couldn’t even sleep just thinking about what Clare’s doing right now. I was trying to sleep on the couch, listening to the rain, when a nervous knock on the door got me up and running. It was Clare, and she was crying, I knew that they were not rain drops on her face, they were tears, because she was making a nervous noise. She couldn’t breath because she was so scared.

              “Help me, Henry,” she said between her gasps. I took her in gently, guided her to the bathroom. I unzip the wet dress she was wearing. She was shivering and she hugged me, she was naked and she hugged me. That time, she reminded me of a kitten I found when I was a kid, it was tortured and I gave it a bath, which killed it in the morning, shivering to death. So I hugged her back for a while, until she stopped her shivering. I took her hand and guided her into the bath, I turned on the shower and cleaned her up. Her eyes were on me all the time, she was still holding my shirt tightly so it got a little wet.

                I wrapped the towel around her as I hugged her. I left the room to get a T-shirt for her, but it took a while for her to release her grip on my hand and my shirt. I put an over-sized T-shirt on her and slowly took her to the sofa in the living room. I made a cup of hot tea and gave it to her.

                “What happened, Clare?”

                “He proposed to me. When we’re alone. I was naked and he was naked. I rejected him tonight, it was the first time I ever rejected him. I wanted to know if what you said was true. He got a little rough on me and forced me,” she showed her injuries which I noticed earlier, but I couldn’t even think of anything..bad enough. I couldn’t bring myself to do it. “I ran away, Henry. I had nowhere else to go. Can’t you understand why I behave like this around him? It’s because no one would love me like he does.” I shook my head. I was trying so bad to push that thought, it was so sad that she thought no one would love her. “What? Why are you shaking your head? Do you want to love me like he does, Henry?” Her hands was on the sides of my face, keeping my eyes locked on hers. I didn’t know how I looked into her eyes, but my eyes were teary.

                All I know next is that she was kissing me, hard, smooth, and then hard again. I tasted her tears and I sensed her fear.

                “Not like this. Not like this..,” I said again and again while holding her tightly. That night she fell heavenly asleep in my arms.  



© 2014 mrspotatohead


Author's Note

mrspotatohead
All the names in this story are fictional. This work is an amateur, and I apologize beforehand for the mistakes in this story. Thank you for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on April 28, 2014
Last Updated on April 28, 2014
Tags: romance, drama, mafia, new york city, lawyer


Author

mrspotatohead
mrspotatohead

Jakarta, Depok, Indonesia



About
Greetings, I'm an 18 years-old amateur writer. So far, my writings have only been about me, life, and my thoughts. I do occasionally write short stories, but in the future I hope I write as big as a n.. more..

Writing
Freedom Freedom

A Chapter by mrspotatohead


Found Found

A Chapter by mrspotatohead