Poor on Roads

Poor on Roads

A Poem by msharma
"

This Lockdown has brought to notice the plight of poor on roads.

"
Hell !O! hell all around
This wailing , screaming that all sounds on ground
It is the misery now at work 
for those,Oh! those who are on roads .
A call sudden  which has brought life of the workers to still
now has told them to trot all alone  in this misery  until
Until.. the welcoming ...   from their remote lands  which they do call their homes.
Thousands  are pacing on the roads . Walking barefeet  Oh! all  with great sores
Jam packed roads, no vehicles on roads ,what more is noticing  is the courage to fight  and to reach their  own land
Oh! home  they sob ! Sob that is drowned now in their parched throats
O! dear God end this misery now, Let these people be given helping hands, Let not humanity be made to bow at every body's end.

© 2020 msharma


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You paint such a sad picture with your words. The pandemic has affected everyone, but in different ways. We all hope it will be over soon. May the poor who walk so many miles reach their homes and be with their loved ones. Powerfully emotional write. Lydi**

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Covid has given us all a great and powerful punch .. but we are rebounding ... treatment protocol is working and should be available to all soon ... and if we are to believe .. a vaccine is close to being released ... far more people have contracted the illness and survived than we will ever know .. simply an impossible task to check everyone in the world .. your words and imaging are heart wrenching .. i think of the diaspora of all Nationalities .. longing for home .. and those roads .. sore feet .. walking towards an unknown "better" life ... and i am reminded of this from the Bible .. Deuteronomy 15:10 & 11
"10Give generously to him, and do not let your heart be grieved when you do so. And because of this the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in everything to which you put your hand. 11For there will never cease to be poor in the land; that is why I am commanding you to open wide your hand to your brother and to the poor and needy in your land." ... I read Chris's poem inspired by this one of yours .. both pull at my conscience .. to be aware and do more ... peace and love :)
E.

Posted 3 Years Ago


As we grow we leave home to find our own paths and futures, to build lives and families of our own. Our paths take us far afield. Sometimes events like our present ONE - overshadow all that is and could be and we need return to our roots for strength, guidance, even nurturing cause we hurt so - physically, emotionally, socially, and sometimes even existence is threatened. It's too easy when we get caught up in our own fears to not be aware of the state of life and existence for others caught up in theirs. So many are so lost today... and the tears are like rainfall... and even souls can drown.

Posted 3 Years Ago


I also agree with Lydi and Zanul. This is a very moving poem from a kind and loving heart. Beautifully written. Thank you for sharing this 'gem'.

Helen

Posted 3 Years Ago


You paint such a sad picture with your words. The pandemic has affected everyone, but in different ways. We all hope it will be over soon. May the poor who walk so many miles reach their homes and be with their loved ones. Powerfully emotional write. Lydi**

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank you for sharing the meaningful work at the time of global pandemic.This pandemic has affected both the poor and rich people.But poor people are worst affected.There is little scope to help those who are the worst victims by the common people.Governments, very few rich people and international agencies are trying hard to help them with limited success.Only God can end the crisis as you have clearly mentioned in the last line.
Stay safe in the pandemic.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 15, 2020
Last Updated on May 26, 2020

Author

msharma
msharma

nainital, uttrakhand,india, India



About
I am a teacher want to know how to write.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..