Torn

Torn

A Story by Ms Paragon

She knelt by the river and closed her eyes. The smell of jasmine peered her nostrils and soothed her pain. She opened her eyes to the moonlight reflected on the river, to the eternal dance of light, shadow, water and darkness. She started tearing up the photos into small pieces, and watched them as they were carried away by the river, never to come back, never to return. Pieces of a life that never was. A life that was not to be. Her hot tears followed the pieces down the river. Never to come back.

 She got up, clean now, revived,  and followed the path out of the woods. The path leading to a new life. Her life.

© 2018 Ms Paragon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sometimes we have to let go of the past, and move on. If that means getting rid of old photos of someone we loved, who betrayed us, then so be it. It has to be done in order to set ourselves free.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Amazing write, heartfelt beautiful and endearingly powerful.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Wonder how many have done this.
Strong stuff.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Ms Paragon

5 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!
Rebirth. A shaky but strong step forward to a new chance. What a strong woman. I salute her!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Ms Paragon

5 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts!
Paragon.. i love your writing skills..... i am trying my hand at writing story too :)

and in such small parah you have managed to capture the pain, the feel of her regret... the new hope and her surroundings... :)


Posted 5 Years Ago


Ms Paragon

5 Years Ago

Thank you for your encouraging words! I appreciate it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 28, 2018
Last Updated on September 28, 2018