Could you

Could you

A Poem by SarahCortland
"

Regrets seem to be a big part of our life despite people say "live with regrets" you can't be aide you aren't perfect but the question is could you live with it?

"
Could you let her go if it would make her happy? Could you let him have her knowing he'd be away? Could you smile even when it hurts? Could you not blink and eye though you had something to say? Could you be his friend with the pain? Could you stand by her side but let her go? Could you pretend you were happy for him? Could you live with the hurt and not let her know? Could you hold back those feelings? Could you forget your anger? Could you let him leave you? Could you let her love that stranger? Could you really be that strong? Could you not cry those tears? Could you not admit it all? Could you really let that person go and regret it for years?

© 2010 SarahCortland


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This brings to light a fairly difficult aspect of love and friendship. All very good questions

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a wonderful piece conveying a powerful message between each line and in each stanza. You take regrets and learn from them, then you live with them. Within each stnaza gives general feelings that an average person could relate to when it comes to regrets such as parents letting children makes mistakes themselves, or friends, or love. To me, this seems like a parental point of view, but that's just my interpetation of the piece.

However, in the first stanza, on the last line, I didn't quite understand; was that a typo to mean blink and watch because I couldn't understand.

Other than that,I love it and how it makes me think yet flow like a beauitful waterfall

Posted 13 Years Ago


The consistency and simplicity of each line in question is the essence of this poem.
Keep it up.

Alex

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow...I'm not entirely sure what to say here. It's a wonderful poem that forces you to think, to try and place yourself in the situation of someone else. It's odd because you find yourself contemplating the questions asked and wondering how you should answer.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Great questions. I love it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


tough situation. You brought it to life here. We all can feel the emotion
in your words. You are really on a roll.

Posted 14 Years Ago


i ask myself these questions .......

Posted 14 Years Ago


Excellent write. The questions stay the same but do the answers? They change with time I think. Great job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


The question as we all ask ourselves is would we ?
Bravo

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wonderful! I really like this,lots of emotions shown.Excellent!

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

798 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 25, 2010
Last Updated on May 18, 2010
Tags: Regret

Author

SarahCortland
SarahCortland

Owensboro, KY



About
My name is Myspace Layouts. I love to Write poetry and I am currently working on one book. Sometimes I write short stories but Poetry is what i like to Stick to. Confidence Quotes .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..