Perfect Accident

Perfect Accident

A Poem by Bree
"

Long a*s time since I posted ...

"
The streets are cold and dark where you live,
Just like your heart.
At least that's how I imagined it would be. You're too cold to let others in,
So you rot in the caves and catacombs made up of cobwebs that you pull off for a heart.
It lives in your chest like normal hearts do, but your heart isn't human, 
No, it's something
Far darker.
We ponder the streets.
We smoke, we laugh, then smoke some more only to accompany ourselves by the loneliness of hollow laughs.

But this is how I imagined it would be, Things are different than they appear and how we see.

It's raining outside.
We can't smoke when it rains so we sit on the wooden floor in your room
Our hands touch, becoming friends, then you pull yours back, making them strangers again
We sit in silence for awhile, making our voices strangers to each others ears.
Once we start talking again it's like light reuniting with the spectrum.
Fire ignites, and lightning strikes when we talk 

So we talk
And talk
And talk 

Until it's dark and your parents come home, so I sneak out the same way I came in, through the window on the side of your room that you always keep unlocked for me, as if I belong apart of your room, much like possession.

If only I can belong in your inhuman heart. I can't expect much but I can try, 'cause I know I belong there, I can feel it with my bones and my heart longs to be a friend to yours and my lungs long to breathe your breath because that's all they'll ever need.

It's raining outside again.

We can't smoke when it rains so you let me in your room through your unlocked window reserved for me, and we lay on your bedroom floor.
You're once accident away from a miracle, and I so happen to be that accident, I too your hand that was a stranger to mine and I told you to open that stone heart, and so obediently you did and I never seen so much life in your eyes in so little time, but then the life went away and was replaced with tears, and maybe it was because you finally felt those empty crevasses fill and our hearts becoming more than strangers.

And by the tears that fell and they life they held, this was an accident, I could tell, you spent to long waiting for.

(c) musickidxx 2012

© 2012 Bree


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
Added on January 31, 2012
Last Updated on January 31, 2012

Author

Bree
Bree

Wayne, NJ



About
Bree. ~Things I like~ Poet. Bisexual. Atheist. Music addict. Junior. London. Jersey. 17. Monster energy drinks. Fuzzy socks. Coffee. Kittens. Tumblr. Crayons. Markers. Creative. Rainbows. Old Carto.. more..

Writing
Playground Eyes Playground Eyes

A Poem by Bree


Sleeping Alone Sleeping Alone

A Poem by Bree