My Story

My Story

A Story by Huggy Bear
"

My story is a sad tale of almost killing myself and the reasoning behind it. Long ago I was your average innocent kid.

"
My story is a sad tale of almost killing myself and the reasoning behind it. Long ago I was your average innocent kid. I was very smart and kind to all I came into contact with. Sadly no one dared to be my friend on the account I was smart and kind. I roamed my life path when I came across this across this angel. Her name I dare not mention.

The pain that resonates from that name is too great. My friendship with her was too good too be true. I allowed myself to be sucker in to her illusion. My feelings evolved from a friend to a crush. Somehow she felt that feeling from me and used it to her advantage. The days followed with her asking me to help her out with expenses.

First it was rent and then it was phone. The list went on. At this point I did not care. I was following the idea that by me helping her, I was showing her what a good guy I can be in her romantic life. One day she asked for a special gift. She needed an obscene amount of money to redecorate her apartment. I agreed to give it to her. I toiled for weeks to gain the money she asked. When I obtain the money she was thrilled. She told me for the first time that she loved me and she could not imagine what she would with me. I was fantastic.

In the middle of redecorating her apartment I decided to be brave and tell her how I felt. The response I got was less then flattering. She laughed at my face. She told  me I was delusional. She continued on to say I was a weak ignorant virgin fool and that no decent looking girl would want to be with me. She ended her response with a slap and told me to get out and drop dead. 

I ran out. The pain I felt was immense and searing with anger. I wanted to kill myself. She convinced me that I was not worth it anymore. I thought about how I should do it. I could of gotten run over by a car or I could of downed a bottle of pills. When I got home I decided to write a suicide note about why I killed myself. After I was done I read it over and just as I was about to do it, a flashback occurred. I witness all the lives I touched and my mind showed me that if I killed myself that I would be doing a great injustice to not only myself but for my friends also.

© 2010 Huggy Bear


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh goodness Mustafa, what a story and what guts you had sharing this with us. Thank God you saw that your life would be a tremendous loss to everyone and nobody and nothing in this world is ever serious enough to take one's life. What a terrible situation to have gone through. After that experience I guess you would have battled with "trust". You were lucky to escape her clutches....you are far to good for her. What a witch she was to pull the wool over your eyes and take advantage of your kind nature.

A lesson learned, but painful to be sure!


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh goodness Mustafa, what a story and what guts you had sharing this with us. Thank God you saw that your life would be a tremendous loss to everyone and nobody and nothing in this world is ever serious enough to take one's life. What a terrible situation to have gone through. After that experience I guess you would have battled with "trust". You were lucky to escape her clutches....you are far to good for her. What a witch she was to pull the wool over your eyes and take advantage of your kind nature.

A lesson learned, but painful to be sure!


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good story....
Reading it...I feel that you are really a good person...
If it only a story...
Your writing is good....


Posted 13 Years Ago


Unfortunately this is isn't anything new in a world of darkness, but I do think it is slightly unique in its new way. My biggest problem? Too much telling. Do some more showing. Have a few flashbacks on the "good times" and expand in more places. You have the skills to get things started, but you don't finish it. This sounds incomplete to my ears, something written down in a passing moment. Not a bad thing, except your works cry to be finished, to be complete (or close enough to since we are constantly bettering ourselves). You should go back and edit and possibly rewrite your works

Posted 13 Years Ago


It is a good lesson from the narrator on how people take advantage of the kind souls. In the end, he doesn't let this ruin his good soul. Nice write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Yaa, excellent narrative, this
this was amazingly descriptive

Posted 14 Years Ago


A powerful story. We do terrible things to each other. Description and your detail told a story of desire and greed. We learn the hard way how some people live for themselves and nobody else. A excellent story. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 21, 2010
Last Updated on March 21, 2010

Author

Huggy Bear
Huggy Bear

Astoria, NY



About
- I have such an innocence and purity that not a lot of people have - Have a heart that most people can only fake - My heart has led me to some dark regions of life. - My heart has also led me to s.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..